[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
GGTeMpLaR wrote:
i buy two +1 skill (one cold one int) influence amulets and slam them together with awakener's orb

Do you have to strip each wand down to only the +1 skill mods? I thought awakener orbs only kept one random influence modifier from each item?
The process is for amulets, not wands. The skill levels on wands are regular mods, no influence involved.

For the amulets: yes, you have to make sure that they only have one influence mod, otherwise you can't guarantee success. They can have other regular mods though.

With awakeners orb, there is a little bit of luck involved, too. If you get a low mana roll or something similar on the new amulet, you have a problem because you can't remove it via harvest crafting (has no tag)
"
zweckform wrote:
The process is for amulets, not wands. The skill levels on wands are regular mods, no influence involved.

For the amulets: yes, you have to make sure that they only have one influence mod, otherwise you can't guarantee success. They can have other regular mods though.

With awakeners orb, there is a little bit of luck involved, too. If you get a low mana roll or something similar on the new amulet, you have a problem because you can't remove it via harvest crafting (has no tag)

Ah, got you. I had been looking at wands, didn't realise the skill gems were influence mods on amulets.
So here are the parts of my gem setup I'm pretty comfortable with:
* 7L Freezing Pulse via Soul Mantle
* 4L: Blade Blast + Awakened Curse on Hit + Frostbite + Projectile Weakness
* 3L: CWDT Steelskin
* 3L: Vaal Haste + Increased Duration, Flame Dash

Here are the parts I was comfortable with, and now questioning:
* 4L: Cold Snap + Bonechill + Arcane Surge + Increased Duration
* 4L: Wave of Conviction + Spell Totem + Multiple Totems + (Awakened) Added Cold Damage

Here are the parts I think might be a replacement:
* 4L: Frost Bomb + Arcane Surge + Archmage + Increased Duration
* 4L: Creeping Frost + Spell Totem + Multiple Totems + Bonechill

The Archmage 4L would make it very easy to get a very strong (perhaps even level 20+) Arcane Surge off of a single cast, but I'd lose the Frenzy charge on kill from Cold Snap. It'd also be easier to use Mana for the Arcane Capacitor notable's "recently" bonus. That seems to me to be almost worth the loss of Frenzy charges in situations where there are adds to trigger Frenzy charges on kill, and just plain better when there aren't — and with the reliance on damage flasks, these situations are already a bit of a weak point.

Are there are there any other good ways to gain Frenzy charges, without needing to rely on Cold Snap? Even if it isn't quite on Cold Snap's level, adding that in with Archmage Surge would probably be best.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 8, 2020, 5:47:18 AM
I just switch with the Aztiri's reflection and I'm looking for the watcher's eye but i'm not sure where I need to put it.

Do I remove one of my cluster jewel? If yes which one?

Thanks!
I put mine in one of the medium cluster jewel's jewel slots.
"
I just switch with the Aztiri's reflection and I'm looking for the watcher's eye but i'm not sure where I need to put it.

Do I remove one of my cluster jewel? If yes which one?

Thanks!

if you are using a large cluster jewel, you should be able to put in in 1 of the sockets since all the large one have 2 sockets now, which means that using a large cluster jewel gives you an extra socket, you can put your watcher eyes in there.

If you are also using medium cluster jewel, you should be able to socket your watcher eyes in one of the medium cluster jewel socket (if you aren't using a small one).

If you aren't using a cluster jewel, then the you can socket the watcher's eye in any of the sockets that isn't used by first snow (those need to be in a specific location).
sooo i have another corruption room in the temple. . . . what do i do now?
Is divine judgment passive not worth it? 50% increased elemental damage?

almost there usable for the moment, just need to replace the life recovery for actual life and improve the resist and done :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info