Boss Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Looks nice !
So campaign, bosses life increased few times but it will still drop 1 rare or couple blue items each time?
"
Xentrix666 wrote:
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
So I don't understand the point of the original post. Making the Campaign Bosses more challenging will have little effect on experienced Players as they level (SC at least) but have a large effect on those struggling (probably weighted towards newer Players). I cannot see the announcement bringing any great measure of joy to either group.

Now if GGG had said "we have juiced the Map Bosses and as a consequence, the Campaign Bosses got a boost too", then I would have got it. Perhaps that was what we were supposed to think, but if that should be the case, then I think that GGG was being a little too "clever".

"we've rebalanced many campaign bosses in order to make them more challenging"

Not so sure this means it's game wide...
Very possibly this is just for the story line. as the new map bosses may very well be super hard as it is. This may be due to the fact, if you can't get past the story line.. well, you have no hope in maps.
Yes, this may very well suck for some, but try out different builds and strats.
Nothing is impossible in this game and it's not ment to be.
Just remember that

I'm not sure either if these changes will carry through to Maps. But the reason for making the Campaign Bosses more challenging eludes me. Perhaps it might have if GGG had said that it was done to Balance the Original Campaign with the New Campaign (which presumably has the more challenging Bosses baked in). I just think that making the Campaign Bosses more challenging for its own sake seems ... like a thankless diversion of resources.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
Innomen wrote:
"
SuperDrop wrote:
lol. seriusly ?
i die like 60+ times on each campagin boss. with gear what i like skill what i like.
why you force me to play things what other players play.

for the love of god stop this madness. where i pull this dps and defence to kill and have fun ? why you make it so hard. for real for new players aswell.

This.

"
yetagainAGAIN wrote:
Meh .. very lackluster changes. Campaign content becomes redundant 6 hours into every new league. Should focus time&effort on ACTUAL endgame imo >:(

Exactly. Story is just a pointless boring slog. Where you're griefed by lack of access to anything actually fun to use let alone effective.

Act 6 and onward is the cruel and merc difficulties reskinned. Time travel via waypoints is completely immersion destroying. "Find Nessa" he says. And I'm like "uhhh follow me to the wp over here."

Calling act 6+ new acts is just a scam. The only people that don't care are the ones that play this thing like a job and follow whatever the meta streamer says word for word. The kind of player that says "rip run" when they had to stop for some reason for 5 seconds.

Why even have softcore/ssf? Clearly they want masochists for the player base, the kind that worship them as if they're twinkle chest from twilight.

What they should do, but won't I know, is scoot maps backward to lvl 45, put all the content they recycled for act 6+ into maps, basically remove level requirements for all gear, and make attributes the real limiter for early twinking.

This game more and more is a pay to win bullet hell shooter with no coherent story. Just lore pasted on after the fact to justify the laziest of dev tricks.

Why did I even bother typing this.

https://underlore.com/debate-is-a-myth/

thats well said. but no dev or game worker read game forums at all. they only use reddit like real gamers. i hate reddit.
fk archnemesis.
Who cares
"
Innomen wrote:

This game more and more is a pay to win bullet hell shooter with no coherent story. Just lore pasted on after the fact to justify the laziest of dev tricks.

Hey man, don't take this wrong but just my 2 cents.

What are you talking about?

I have been playing since 2015, I think (when Vaal was the last boss) and had the most fun ever in this league, and completely free.

Unfortunately only started playing last month, after seeing the announcement of PoE 4, so I decided to give it a shot ... and was hooked!
Not particularly by the blight mechanics, but all the things that they put into the game, especially the 4 new masters, they are like 4 expansions packed together. Niko and Jun are awesome! (just got into 170 depth, I know, I am a rookie)

I had never even beaten the Shaper, but, 100% honest, when I was level 50, someone gave me 2 windows of white and yellow maps for free, asking nothing, he just said good luck and I just keep playing without having to worry about tiers, and had a blast.

Then, beated the game campain, got uber elder to 60% but lost 2 portals so asked for help, which a friendly necromancer offered while asking nothing and letting me loot, to beat him need more training to understand the mechanics, positioning and, somehow, reflexes, hope I can do it in the remain of the league, but is a hard fight, very well done.

I mostly played solo to learn the mechanics of the bosses, and only had problems with the chimera guardian (I am evasion built), Catarina and obviously uber elder. And holy moly, Grandmasters is so much fun, I beat it, but two builds were almost impossible for me, a flicker level 93, though as nails that did chaos damage and would go phase when you hit him, and a level 100 regen on block (think was thespiderqueen something), had to ask for help and the guy used chaos degen to beat him, with 3 portals (he was the last one left).

And tried to do as many trades as possible, people in this game are great, was surprise by the chinese! One trade, I collected like 30 maps to a guy that asked lots of different maps for different tiers, I asked him for 40 chisels and he just gave me 50 chaos for the trouble. The last days I have been giving away maps lower than red and some gear I haven't sold, people give you good karma man. Yes, I have been kinda scammed like 5 times, but the good people waaay outweigh the occasional bad ones.

I absolutely loved the Zana storyline and her reaction when her father was controlled, but I still don't understand the origins of the Elder.
It is hinted as him being a powercreep, but for an antagonist, would be cool to have a storyline for him (same way we understand how the Shaper came to be).
I understand he represents void of existence and meaning, hence he does not speak, but what were his motives to control the atlas, where did he came from and how did he got so powerfull? I tried to search in the wiki, but only got information about the fight mechanics which is a bit of a letdown. Seems that with the next expansion we will gloss over him, I would like some more background, maybe we will get it when we fight his murderers (ourselves, ah!).

I understand things in the game must be improved. Maps appear to be too easy when grouping (normal mobs and bosses need a buff, not in damage, but in regeneration / defense and health), the performance is very unstable doing legion and blight (at least in my average pc) or parties (too many effects), too many drops (in a blight map, try removing your filter, you will go blind), re-adjust useless prophecies at end-game (vaal), a better relation between party members, like synergies (would require a buff in monster defense and introducing of skill/spell combinations, going further than an aura bot).

Honestly, my biggest grippe with the game atm is performance, after this league, I would rather have them work on improving the performance rather than creating new content, but I understand is hard to keep the game afloat when "nothing" new is being added, although I am fairly optimistic that PoE 4 can fix some of those problems (if someone can do it, is GGG).

But I think the game is the most complete and fun it has ever been. The guys and gals at GGG are making, imo, the best ARPG and the best f2p model in the market (better than WF, which is great too) ... and I did not spend one dime to do all this. Completely free, nothing, not one time in my experience I had a pop-up, pay to gain extra experience, pay to unlock next tiers maps, pay to get a 23/20 gem, pay for an exalt, nada. So to say that the game is pay-to-win is so disingenuous, come on man ...

ps: before calling me a freerider, I appreciate the fact you put your own money in the game, thanks for keeping it alive. I couldn't for a long time, but next paycheck, will definitely buy some things, peace
ps: if that's where you were going, I don't know anything about rmt
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Dec 3, 2019, 4:01:27 AM
I believe they mentioned somewhere that they were making the bosses stronger in order to match the increased difficulty that is coming with PoE2.

Personally, I think there should be a challenge to the storyline, I understand that some of you have played through 1819281948194 times, and will feel differently.

If you are going to trivialize the campaign, you might as well give an option to skip it and just start at end game.

As for turning away newbs....as long as it isn't just constant 1 shot mechanics....most probably wont quit. When you are going through most of the game and never coming close to dieing, then all of a sudden, get 1 shot. That's far more of a deterrent than a fight where you died over time.
"
Utukka wrote:
I believe they mentioned somewhere that they were making the bosses stronger in order to match the increased difficulty that is coming with PoE2.

Harder? SO then I'm happy PoE1 will continue.
And making story harder? Why? It's hard enough for casual players.
Forcing players to play meta build w/o fun?

Very bad move :(
Chris has repeatedly stated he doesn't want this game to be universally accessible. He envisions a hardcore game with a steep attrition rate, and doesn't view acts as the "tutorial" most of us do.

Remember that he was designing PoE when acts were the endgame. Hence, Chatters, Brutus, and Piety difficulty. Only after bloating up to 10 acts + a long RNG-gated endgame did players start viewing the storyline as training-wheels for mapping.

Since then, early acts bosses got neutered for convenience sake. Streamers dying in HCSSF Axiom Prison is hilarious the first few times, but makes for shitty product placement - in the long run, you want more people to see more content, not less.

What GGG is trying to do here is simple. When Chris says, "Only X% of players make it to Act 2", he may currently see analytics showing them getting bored and abandoning the game, a gradual dropoff in playtime per account starting with the ship graveyard.

His goal may be to invest mature, serious players in Acts by directly challenging them. If he's right, and the gradual dropoff is the shape of boredom, then the dropoff will be sharp and severe at boss fights, but more players retained overall as they internalize the challenge and rise to meet it.

If this is also the philosophy behind the Poe 2 campaign, then it's only fair the original campaign get some buffs.

As for boss area denial and stun locks coming back, and BA and ranged totem cheese being the only way to get around it, that's been PoE in a nutshell since day 1. Ranged >>>> melee. There are other games for players who don't want to use what works.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info