[3.9] Frost Nova Golementalist | Deathless Uber Elder Gameplay | 9K EHP | 5 - 6 Million Shaper DPS

"
itssowrong wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:
How well would this work in ssf? Because doing low-mid tier maps is easily done with almost anything these days...


Quick disclaimer I am not an SSF player so this is speculation based on my knowledge of the game as a whole.

Yes you should be able to play this build in SSF but some things will surely be different. For instance pledge of hands will be very tough to get. Same with pandemonious and the unique jewels. However these are not critical components to the build though they do add significant amounts of damage.

As long as you can get an enduring Mana flask the build will function. Without any of the jewels you will have 4 golems so you can still gain most of the buff's that help scale the build. The only unique jewel that you really want to try to get is The Anima Stone the other would be a waste of time to try to get in SSF. Once again though it isn't needed per say.

A bit of a side note but Mathil played an Assasin ice Nova Frostbolt character to 99 in HCSSF.

If any SSF players see this and want to weigh in please do.


I updated the guide with a Video of the build with very low tier gear doing a tier 10 map. You should check it out to give a better idea of what you should be able to do in SSF.
Thanks for the update looking forward trying this in 3.9
You can farm the primordial div cards for the jewels. It's a little painful, but definitely doable in ssf. Pledge is a bit harder, but you could go with an eclipse staff as a compromise I guess. I'm not sure if you can chance legion items.
"
DTBA wrote:
Thanks for the update looking forward trying this in 3.9


You're welcome 😊. I hope you enjoy it.
"
insulted wrote:
You can farm the primordial div cards for the jewels. It's a little painful, but definitely doable in ssf. Pledge is a bit harder, but you could go with an eclipse staff as a compromise I guess. I'm not sure if you can chance legion items.


Thank you for the information 👍.
Most of the problems with ssf is end game bosses not map clearing, which will be boosted in this new league specially because metamorph seems like extra boss league + new bosses, so its all about that boss dmg in ssf.

IF you have time and will, could you show some guardians + maybe few higher tier bosses (shaper/uelder) with that low tier gear? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by NagiSoi on Dec 4, 2019, 1:54:34 PM
"
NagiSoi wrote:
Most of the problems with ssf is end game bosses not map clearing, which will be boosted in this new league specially because metamorph seems like extra boss league + new bosses, so its all about that boss dmg in ssf.

IF you have time and will, could you show some guardians + maybe few higher tier bosses (shaper/uelder) with that low tier gear? Thanks in advance.


That gear I chose was done so to be what you should easily be able to get in SSF by yellow tier maps. Considering it was essentially stuff I had picked up while playing the game.

I'm not sure what gear would be reasonable to expect an SSF player to have by the time they reach Uber Elder. Maybe it would be safe to assume a player has farmed an Anima Stone through div cards or was able to put together a multimodded staff.

I doubt the build with that low tier of gear would be able to take on Guardians but it's not really supposed to if that makes sense.

I am going to try though as I'm super curious haha.
"
itssowrong wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:
Most of the problems with ssf is end game bosses not map clearing, which will be boosted in this new league specially because metamorph seems like extra boss league + new bosses, so its all about that boss dmg in ssf.

IF you have time and will, could you show some guardians + maybe few higher tier bosses (shaper/uelder) with that low tier gear? Thanks in advance.


That gear I chose was done so to be what you should easily be able to get in SSF by yellow tier maps. Considering it was essentially stuff I had picked up while playing the game.

I'm not sure what gear would be reasonable to expect an SSF player to have by the time they reach Uber Elder. Maybe it would be safe to assume a player has farmed an Anima Stone through div cards or was able to put together a multimodded staff.

I doubt the build with that low tier of gear would be able to take on Guardians but it's not really supposed to if that makes sense.

I am going to try though as I'm super curious haha.



I get it. Probably biggest gamechanger is pledge of hands for this build specially if its 6l.
"
NagiSoi wrote:
"
itssowrong wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:
Most of the problems with ssf is end game bosses not map clearing, which will be boosted in this new league specially because metamorph seems like extra boss league + new bosses, so its all about that boss dmg in ssf.

IF you have time and will, could you show some guardians + maybe few higher tier bosses (shaper/uelder) with that low tier gear? Thanks in advance.


That gear I chose was done so to be what you should easily be able to get in SSF by yellow tier maps. Considering it was essentially stuff I had picked up while playing the game.

I'm not sure what gear would be reasonable to expect an SSF player to have by the time they reach Uber Elder. Maybe it would be safe to assume a player has farmed an Anima Stone through div cards or was able to put together a multimodded staff.

I doubt the build with that low tier of gear would be able to take on Guardians but it's not really supposed to if that makes sense.

I am going to try though as I'm super curious haha.



I get it. Probably biggest gamechanger is pledge of hands for this build specially if its 6l.


Yeah pledge is pretty big but in SSF I think the most realistic late endgame weapon would be a multimodded rare staff with +3 to Cold gems. With that and better overall gear Uber Elder should be very doable.
Hello, i am trying the build so far and it has be really fun.

What would you say is the priority to gear, for example i alredy have a 5 link pledge that i just removed the cold penetration from tabula, but i found 3 ex yesterday, what would be the priority to gear for you? Try to get a Assassin's Mark ring, the amulet or try to get a 6 Link Pledge first?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info