[3.11] Frost Nova Golementalist | All Bosses Down | Great Clear | 9k EHP | Golem Buff Stacking |

Anyone having success w/ this in 3.9? I'm running into so many problems:

- burst chaos damage and/or burst damage compounding w/ DOT effects overwhelming EHP pool, build has no secondary mitigation.
- Root-and-shoot playstyle extremely hard against bosses with 100% DPS uptime and gigantic HP pools.
- Tons of physical and chaos degens and high damage killing golems.
- Forced map pool variety means you have to play a lot more on maps where your frostbolts get snagged on geometry, meaning more recasting and more clunky map clear.
- new, common super hoser map affixes (ele ailement immunity) welded onto zana maps dragging down effective bossing.
- Sirius being a complete trainwreck (willing to let this slide and just roll a jugg to deal with this fight).

Not ready to give up on it yet, just curious if others have found answers beyond just throwing tons of exalts at rarified gear to mitigate the problems once you try to get near ascendancy 5+.
Last edited by rloutlaw on Dec 28, 2019, 10:11:08 PM
"
rloutlaw wrote:

- burst chaos damage and/or burst damage compounding w/ DOT effects overwhelming EHP pool, build has no secondary mitigation.
- Root-and-shoot playstyle extremely hard against bosses with 100% DPS uptime and gigantic HP pools.
- Forced map pool variety means you have to play a lot more on maps where your frostbolts get snagged on geometry, meaning more recasting and more clunky map clear.
- new, common super hoser map affixes (ele ailement immunity) welded onto zana maps dragging down effective bossing.
- Sirius being a complete trainwreck (willing to let this slide and just roll a jugg to deal with this fight).

Not ready to give up on it yet, just curious if others have found answers beyond just throwing tons of exalts at rarified gear to mitigate the problems once you try to get near ascendancy 5+.

I've been enjoying the build so far... I levelled to 90 using another build before respeccing into this.

Yeah the chaos and DOTs can be quite a problem, Soul of shakari is pretty much required.

I also managed to get quite lucky with a double corrupt, but you could easily enough get something similar/ just a single corrupt for quite cheap because the gloves are so common and not many builds make use of them. You do however have to sacrifice some dps. Getting whispers of doom on your amulet instead of counterweight.

You could also craft it on your chest with the old spell crit set up using a Hunter body armour (since hunter can roll spell crit). However, this will probably be a much harder craft than before but it's a cool new improvement for the super rich/ super lucky crafters out there!

For bossing I recommend using slower proj, in place of unleash... personally I am finding much more success with it since i switched to it. It allows you to cast your frostbolt and reposition a lot more mixing in ice novas when you can. I don't find myself that rooted tbh. Try mixing in flame Dashes at a 90°
angle to the boss.

I haven't noticed my golems dying all too much, occasionally one or two die mid fight but I haven't had any issue dashing around the boss and resummoning them (I have all my golems bound across the ctrl skill bar so I can quickly access them if needed).

The ailment immunity just means you have to play slightly safer vs harder bosses. With faster proj one shotting everything screens away it doesn't matter at all for general mapping and easier bosses.

I agree with the map pool thing however I do enjoy this map system much more. It allows you to have so many more maps at t14+ and the amount of maps you get from a combination of awakening and the metamorphs mean I pretty much always have a map with a good layout to run at T14+.

And yeah Sirius is a pain, but I haven't really got the hang of the fight yet so that could just be a lack of my ability to do the boss.

Currently at awakening 5 & My progress has been looking pretty smooth since I respecced!
"
rloutlaw wrote:

If your'e struggling with the golems surviving you might try adjusting the tree to grab the Minion Chaos res nodes. This helped me a ton.

Right now i'm actually playing an Arc Mine Golementalist. I will make a guide for it but I'm not quite ready to do that yet. You can peak it on my profile as I think it fixes a lot of the problems that you are having.

ItsSoGolems is that characters name
Is there some particular reason not to go Shavs low life in the final build?
"
MistAssassin wrote:
Is there some particular reason not to go Shavs low life in the final build?

I have zero experience with running low life. If you can make it work please share the PoB with me.
I found a guy who did something along those lines

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/nuubskilled/RulahMorph?i=0&search=class%3DOccultist%2CElementalist%26skill%3DIce-Nova%26sort%3Denergy-shield

I can't tell if it's worth it or not just by looking at the POB
Last edited by MistAssassin on Dec 31, 2019, 7:44:18 PM
How large a difference does level 3 enlighten vs level 2 make? I haven't been able to run zealotry purely because of the mana reservation I get knocked down to about 100 mana or so and its hardly enough to get a pulse of ice nova off.
Hi. I am playing on ps4. But i dont get it how to see passive tree here. Can you help me ?
"
HaKSan-PS wrote:
Hi. I am playing on ps4. But i dont get it how to see passive tree here. Can you help me ?

We utilize a third party tool called Path Of Building that can be installed on a computer. You don't need to play on PC to use it you just need some kind of computer to install the program on. Path of Building is probably the most useful tool the community has made for this game.
Last edited by itssowrong on Jan 1, 2020, 1:41:12 PM
In a lot of boss fights where there aren't many adds to refill flasks, i find myself not being able to do much when i use all my mana flask charges. Is there any way to work around this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info