Remi's Icicle Miner (archived)

"
zyppz wrote:
Hi,
i have a question regarding boss damage.

I can see you are using both frostbomb and lightning spire trap together with icicle mine.

But what about using a 4 link setup with pyroclast mine for boss instead, how do you think that would work??

// thx for a great and simple guide for new miner

so here is the thing, you would want something that you can cast then leave it there, like lightning spire trap or flamethrower trap, something like that, but pyroclast mines isn't, it requires to throw mines then cast just like icicles, so the 4l setup is not suitable except for early bossing damage.

frost bomb is just to reduce their resistance and trigger arcane surge to increase damage, lightning spire trap can damage enemies while i spam my icicle mine. So kinda like together, but it gives me some damage boost for a short period of time to kill em.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
"
zyppz wrote:
Hi,
i have a question regarding boss damage.

I can see you are using both frostbomb and lightning spire trap together with icicle mine.

But what about using a 4 link setup with pyroclast mine for boss instead, how do you think that would work??

// thx for a great and simple guide for new miner

so here is the thing, you would want something that you can cast then leave it there, like lightning spire trap or flamethrower trap, something like that, but pyroclast mines isn't, it requires to throw mines then cast just like icicles, so the 4l setup is not suitable except for early bossing damage.

frost bomb is just to reduce their resistance and trigger arcane surge to increase damage, lightning spire trap can damage enemies while i spam my icicle mine. So kinda like together, but it gives me some damage boost for a short period of time to kill em.

Thx alot for the fast reply.
that all makes sence to me, i will look forward to try this build as my first miner build ever.

Gl in 3.9
Np, gl on 3.9 too =D
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Thanks for the work you put in your thread, really appreciate it!
Going Icicle Mines too, what else to play rightß :)
"
ElMuchos06 wrote:
Thanks for the work you put in your thread, really appreciate it!
Going Icicle Mines too, what else to play rightß :)

Thanks :p, I'd also thought about making a hardcore or a lvl 100 push setup on this character, working on the PoB itself and making it good
would a deadey version not be better because of the nerfs to this skill?
Can this build easily transition into Glacial Cascade mines if it turns out the boss damage doesn't cut it? If so, what would change in the passive tree to optimize for Glacial Cascade?
"
Japan wrote:
would a deadey version not be better because of the nerfs to this skill?

Unless someone is muling you the support gems then ya, league start icicle with deadeye feels very bad tbh, I tried it myself, dropped it on just act 2, I'd also did that on stream, and I just, hated it lul

"
Can this build easily transition into Glacial Cascade mines if it turns out the boss damage doesn't cut it? If so, what would change in the passive tree to optimize for Glacial Cascade

To answer your question, yes but more different routing and different skill because GC is a physical based mine, you will need hatred and conversion gloves for it.

But in my opinion, this Icicle is still able to trash bosses, the nerf isnt much to affect Icicles so no worries.

The only thing that changed in this build is lighting spire trap cus that one got obliterated
Does "Machina Mitts" that give us leech from mine dmg is good for this build or not? (seems it's very hard to find in this league)
Thanks for a really great looking build, along with a detailed guide. Most likely will be my league starter in 3.9.
Winter's white blanket swaddles all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info