Remi's Icicle Miner (archived)

I've been thinking about rewriting some of the past mistakes I've wrote but I just dont have the time to re-read all the stuff, been trying to make a video guide for this build.

Possible min max for correction, also tell me what is "do nothing for this build means"?

Yes they arent worth alot but I am only hinting the base item that you can upgrade to.

Defination of min max is maximizing your character capabilities, yes it can be more better than that gloves but it still does something more than any other gloves.

If you find the guide cringey, annoying or just generally hate it you dont have to read it, no one forces you to.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
yes it can be more better than that gloves but it still does something more than any other gloves.

Not true at all. Any number of gloves, or rolls would be more beneficial. You do know projectile ATTACK damage doesn't help right? Or are we maintaining projectile attack damage is min/max for spells and mines?
Even if this part wasn't true, a low tier resist and a useless accuracy roll...there is nothing min/max about these gloves.
Min/max means using the most ideal pieces, with the most desirable mods, and rolls.
Those gloves are just kind of bad, if not at least inappropriate. And now here, you say " better than any other gloves!

You use terms wrong. Might want to...not do that if you want to write guides.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 11, 2019, 4:16:05 AM
Ah I didn't saw that part,I admit that part i got it wrong. But anyways i am uncapped at fire so I had to go for the higher fire res gloves.

Thanks for mentioning I got that part wrong, if you think i got any part of the terms wrong just tell me, because I am not from a english speaking country so the terms I use sometimes are, you know, so if you think which part I got it weird or anything just tell me I will change it.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Dec 11, 2019, 4:50:45 AM
Hey. Love the build!

I got recommended this build when asking around for a good starter build to 3.9 - since I havnt played 3.8.
The nerf doenst seem that huge at first - It will still perform just fine despite the aoe nerf?

And how do you see this build work out as a league starter in SSFHC and going forward into the endgame such as t16 and delving?
SSF is totally do-able because I did this build on a private league with no trading at all. The weapons I linked on the gear section is pretty easy to find and I use em to do uber elder so, yeah T16 and delving is pretty solid.

HC is totally do-able, one of the best but you need to be extra careful of your mana management. Because when your mana drops to 0 because of your MoM, the chances of you dying is pretty high because it prevents you from using any skill and this build does not have insane mana regen. You have to drop "explosive expert" and get "born in the shadows" in ascendancy to increase survivability.

Only thing I found is Temp chains chimera is near impossible because on smoke phase you can't do shits if you got temp chains even you have a curse remove flask.

For the nerf, it is clear speed wise only and a very slight nerf for endgame damage, but for damage I don't really know if it is a nerf because they reworked the calculation for freeze and shock.

Overall this build is SSF HC friendly. Just need to be careful :)
hi, would this be a viable build for a fresh player? I started in blight and managed to reach uber elder but that was it, following a beginner friendly guide with leveling tips.

In terms of early leveling is there any tips ? Also with 3.9 do you recommend this as a league starter?
"
AZoORr wrote:
hi, would this be a viable build for a fresh player? I started in blight and managed to reach uber elder but that was it, following a beginner friendly guide with leveling tips.

In terms of early leveling is there any tips ? Also with 3.9 do you recommend this as a league starter?

This guide is specially written for fresh and beginner players, so yes totally :)

To understand it, it is rather simple but you just need to know the concept of mines and how do they generally work.

I do recommend this build for 3.9 league start, it is not gear dependant and scales well with bad weapons too. But one thing you would want to do is try this build before 3.9 league start as miner builds playstyle are not suitable for everyone.

For early leveling tips I have already had it covered in the leveling section like what wands to look for, what gems you will need and things you will be looking for, you can ask for a more specific question regarding leveling (example how to fight act 4 boss deathless), I will do my best to guide you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here, I will try to reply asap :)
Thanks for the answer. I know some stuff is off limit since Im playing SSFHC :D
But Im trying to choice between this, pyroclast or ball lightning.
Its same tree atleast to use.
So straight to the point for all of those skills you are talking.

Pyroclast - bad clearing, better bossing
Ball lightning - bad clearing, bossing i am not sure
Icicle - good clearing - good bossing

Only icicle have offscreen potential, ball lightning have a slow projectile speed so the clearing is kinda bad too and no offscreen ability.
Hi,
i have a question regarding boss damage.

I can see you are using both frostbomb and lightning spire trap together with icicle mine.

But what about using a 4 link setup with pyroclast mine for boss instead, how do you think that would work??

// thx for a great and simple guide for new miner
Last edited by zyppz on Dec 12, 2019, 5:46:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info