Integrating Blight into Core Path of Exile

You should just remove blight and make blighted maps an atlas-wide Pseudo Unique drop type.

As it stands i will probobly just skip any blight encounters i come across and If/When i WANT to do blight i will go and BUY a blighted map instead of getting shoe-horned into spending 3x the amount of time it takes to complete the map im in just to complete the blight encounter.

tl;dr blight takes longer than a breach, skip encounters. /s
Nice good news
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
Once you reach Maps, Blight encounters will spawn in 10% of map areas you enter.

This is exactly part of why the game's struggling to retain players. Y'all keep a constant torrent of content, and players have little to no control over how they encounter it.

This whole "10% of map areas" garbage is something no player likes; it's nowhere NEAR enough to be able to make up an appreciable amount of the time spent mapping (let alone specifically farm) and simultaneously is still an ever-present chance that is JUST high enough that it will persistently intrude upon other players' gameplay when they don't want it at all.

This "10% rule" is the worst of both worlds; it won't please those that loved Blight and want to do nothing but, nor will it please those that are playing a non-Blight-specific build or just plain don't want it.

And TBH, keep seeing GGG do this, time and again, with nearly every single league mechanic goes to show that when it comes to the grander vision, the company's become creatively bankrupt.

I mean, there's a few alternatives that could've made players a deal happier with how it worked:

• Blighted maps are the only source of Blight; they drop exclusively from bosses, (10-25% chance) while blight encounters are never seen outside of blighted maps. This can let people purposely avoid the content entirely, though it doesn't help people exclusively farm Blight without constantly buying Blighted maps.

• Blight is exclusive to one or a few specific map bases. Outside of the correct base, (e.g, Infested Valley, possibly others) normal blights cannot spawn, but WITHIN the relevant maps, the content is guaranteed. This makes encountering Blight content 100% deterministic. Some might complain that it'd elevate the value of one map above others of the same tier, but these people apparently forget that "Burial Chambers" and "Lair" exist.

I personally favor the latter solution, for two separate reasons: for one, it's the only way I can think of to, simultaneously, keep the content to a narrow slice of the game, AND both satisfy the desires of those who wish to play it as well as those who wish not to.

And for two, it fits with a theme I really wanted to see the Atlas go: making each map feel unique. A big problem right now with the Atlas is, with 135 map bases... So many feel like just a reskin of each other; they're narrow, winding paths filled with monsters leading to a boss fight (which may or may not have an arena) you just nuke down instantly anyhow.

For a type of content labeled the "atlas of WORLDS," it'd be nice if each map truly felt like a "different world," including some variety in gameplay/content. We SORT of approach this a little with how GGG rolled certain bosses in. (e.g, Lighthouse, Iceberg, Shipyard, and Acid Caverns giving us the Redwind, Mutewind, Brinerot, and Renegade warbands respectively)

Since there's now a LOT of leagues with content, GGG should be able to shift things around so that a great deal of maps have something specific to them that players might want, so there's something more than just "pick the most-linear map with the card drop you want."

I wish that I could upvote you.

To sum up my feelings for this league is this:
If i wanted to play tower defense, i would go play a flash game, i DO NOT PLAY POE FOR TOWER DEFENSE. why would GGG forcibly lower my chances of doing something fun like breach by further lowering the pools with shit i dont like, such as abyss and blight? they are going to lose players over this one day if they dont step-up!
"
Ownlirh wrote:
Remember Blight Haters, U can skip this content like any nother core content :), Just sell all your blight maps and stop cry.

They can't because of changed loot tables. Is it so hard to undestand?
"
"
Ownlirh wrote:
Remember Blight Haters, U can skip this content like any nother core content :), Just sell all your blight maps and stop cry.

Why is it so hard for blight lovers to understand that if you include blight as a 10% map chance you also DECREASE other enounters chances as well, and since i wont ever do any blight encounters, this is a straight nerf to mapping enjoyment for me and many others.
Ohhh come on... Can you at least remove some leagues ? temporarily ofc
"
Potion wrote:
"
"
Ownlirh wrote:

Why is it so hard for blight lovers to understand that if you include blight as a 10% map chance you also DECREASE other enounters chances as well, and since i wont ever do any blight encounters, this is a straight nerf to mapping enjoyment for me and many others.

To be honest i think you are complete wrong here, it says a 10% chance to spawn it says nowhere it decreases other stuff. I cant tell how often i had Legion + Abyss, Abyss + Breach or any other combo on my maps. One does NOT exclude or reduce the other.
"
Gukbuk wrote:
"
Potion wrote:
"

To be honest i think you are complete wrong here, it says a 10% chance to spawn it says nowhere it decreases other stuff. I cant tell how often i had Legion + Abyss, Abyss + Breach or any other combo on my maps. One does NOT exclude or reduce the other.

Basically I was talking about the guy who was a bit salty and callling a "cryer" the other one just because he doesn't like the Blight. Proposing him to SKIP Blight encounters on the maps. It's not possible because GGG chanegd their loot tables and now Blight encounters have a lot of currency/loot but the regular map mobs have decreased chance for the currency. So if you skip Blight encounters - you skip a lot of loot (including currency) and other players have economical advantage over you. This is how GGG forces you to do content even if you want to do that.
"
bariss wrote:
Map drop rate is less than 5% in Blight league. What about the blight maps we've collected with a lot of difficulty? in standard, throw it in the trash? If you are going to do the job properly, you need to separate the maps collected in the Blight league and the subsequent maps. The fall rate of the old maps should remain at the normal level. That way we don't suffer. (You apply the restriction to new maps and mirror copies.)

If this is not the case, you should warn. Let's not take a map to the standard league. Let's consume them all in the Blight league.

Up
Can we get Zana maps to also have a chance at being Blighted. I think it would be cool if 100% of Zana encounters had at least 1 special type of map: Shaper, Elder, blighted, synthesized, unique, 8 mod corrupted, etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info