Support Gem Plus Preview

Maybe a dumb question, but always curious and want to learn.

Why do they have countering stats on these gems ?

10% increased dmg
15% reduced dmg

10% reduced area of effect
15% increased area of effect

etc ?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Hercanic wrote:
Spell Cascade doesn't mention in its description/mods that it casts on the sides in addition to the front and back.

I am actually very interested in this gem now, will maybe make a build around it.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
I think releasing plus versions of strict damage gems is a mistake. Just a bunch of unnecessary bloat for another vanilla 4% more damage per gem. It brings back the value of +1 level/+3 quality temple corrupts for trophy case items but they really don't do anything. Just an artificial inflation of grind.

The plus gems that increase functionality or change the skill in some way are definitely really cool. Those are chase endgame items worth the grind.
"
Innomen wrote:
Any comment on the twitch drops? I check the news forum now exclusively for that.

Yep. they've all gone out. there aren't any more. case closed.
"
Marinxar wrote:

10% increased dmg
15% reduced dmg

etc ?

They include the modifiers for gem quality as well.
"
gnome73 wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:

10% increased dmg
15% reduced dmg

etc ?

They include the modifiers for gem quality as well.

Ahh of course yes, thanks.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
So excited for whats to come!
Spell Echo Plus P O G
TLDR: Spell Echo plus is debatable.

Double damage makes it better in term of dps gain, but without it gem is worse than regular version due 15% less spell damage and not 10%. I personally not sure if I'd go for random double damage bonus while losing a bit on initial damage hits, with mentioned rarity of supports+ and time it takes to level them to 5:) Its also worse with Greater Spell Echo for obvious reason (more repeats and dd only working on the last one).

SE vs SE+
Regular Spell Echo: 1.7 (more cast speed) * 0.9 (less spell damage) = 1.53 dps multiplier;
Spell Echo Plus: 1.75 * 0.85 = 1.4875 multiplier, but 1.6288 with 19% double damage chance on last repeat with one repeat (19% Double damage chance on one of two hits is 9.5% more damage if you have no other sources of double damage);
1.53 vs 1.4875+dd (1.6288);
Getting 6.458% more dps at the price of even less hit damage and randomness of double damage procs.

Pledge of Hands
SE + GSE: 1.7 (more cast speed) * 0.9 (less spell damage) * 1.525 (3 repeats: average of 100%, 135%, 170% and 205% damage multipliers) = 2.333 dps multiplier;
SE+ & GSE: 1.75 * 0.85 * 1.6224 (average of 1.00, 1.35, 1.70 and 2.05*1.19 with double damage chance) = 2.4133 dps multiplier;
2.333 vs 2.268+dd (2.4133);
3.442% more dps in setup with huge animation time of repeats, that you for some reason also cannot cancel unlike multistrike. And random double damage too, but at least it always work on last, strongest repeat.

So I'm not sure which level of damage boost is planned from these supports, maybe it is intended as we may of course have more than 1 support+ in our setup and it adds up quickly, just keep in mind that SE+ is nowhere near "19% more damage" or something as it may seem at first look:)
Last edited by PraetorianMKII on Nov 22, 2019, 12:53:14 AM
YAY! more powercreep!
"We want to make a challenging ARPG" - said no one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info