Atlas Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

What about Standard Map Conversion and Atlas Completion Recovery ? How will those work with our big map pools ?
I'm excited about the changes with the end game but bummed because i've been trying to beat the damn shaper for about a year now and still can't get past the guardians. I Can't wait for the new boss fights
So... Watcher's Eyes will basically be disappearing from the market, and any effects that builds previously relied upon should be assumed gone?
"
Nepenthess wrote:
"
nogenem wrote:
- Will we have 3~4 versions of each map now?
- The rules for maps drops will stay the same?
- The increase in tiers will be T1->T5->T9->T14? Or T1->T6->T11->T14?

It almost sounds like the map will drop blank, just a "Coves" map with no associated tier (or T1, I guess). Then upon socketing the Watchstones into the region, they change the map tier. As we saw during stream, all the maps of that region changed to yellow/red. Have they taken care of map woes for good? A welcome change to me :)

I hope it is as you describe! It would make the entire endgame more sustainable and fun, especially doing master missions and their associated quest lines. And if you can socket/unsocket watchstones freely, you can totally decide how you want to level or farm with different characters. It's kind of like taking the concept of Shaper Orbs and applying it broadly to the entire Atlas so it can level with your character. Should make the map economy more even, too.

Although I do think it might be nice to have Unique Maps drop with a minimum monster level as a mod. Or if the Guardian Maps could still be drops instead of Zana RNG only -- that they'd always be t16 monster level.
"
Kirian42 wrote:
So... Watcher's Eyes will basically be disappearing from the market, and any effects that builds previously relied upon should be assumed gone?

I don't think gone... just even MORE expensive.

This is assuming, however, that Watcher's Eye benefits will still even be top tier compared to anything new.

The Conqueror Exalt Currency coming in 3.9 might offer mods that rival or are even better than watcher's eye.

Or there could be changes to the Passive Tree or new Uniques... Remember how the "Modifiers to Minion Damage also affect you" used to only be found on the Scourge but is now in the Passive Tree for anyone to use? Or how the +1 Golem was at first exclusive to Clayshaper but is now in Elementalist Ascendancy AND on the tree AND in the Anima Stone AND the Primordial Chain? Or remember when leeching life from elemental damage was only on Doryani's Invitation and now it's in the tree?

They're going to re-imagine how the Ascendancy Enchants for helmets are accessed; maybe the Watcher's Eye aura mods will also be accessible somehow/somewhere else.

I rejected any Watcher's Eye- dependent builds anyhow cuz they are already far too expensive. The RNG for synergistic mods and the difficulty and dedication it takes to even farm Uber Elder is a lot.
Last edited by MackBesmirch on Nov 19, 2019, 8:54:18 PM
"
Soske wrote:
Most of this sounds great. The Shaper and Elder changes are awful though.

^ This!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
SaintLucifer wrote:
Guess i will never get a "Celestial Hideout", oh well...

buy sets now and do it later in standard :)
this is Forum signature
"
"
MarboroMan wrote:
"
Nepenthess wrote:

It almost sounds like the map will drop blank, with no associated tier

wouldnt that destroy the current drop balance?

The progression will be by upgrading the region on the atlas instead. There will still be progression involved.

i didnt mean map/atlas progression.
i thought more about general player progression;
exp/level/loot/gear/build/power-progression.

i assume GGG doesnt want you to run t16 only by day 3 of the league?
i'd assume they dont want us to have 10kk shaper dps, beat the sh*t out of the game and be done with the league by day 3.

this sektor-tier/blank-map approach would mean this.
running t16 exclusively by day 3.
thats why i guess no.

E:
Spoiler
day1: lvling 80.
day2: farm white maps.
day3: upgrade atlas. <- now you t16 only.
all the loot, xp, gear...too much too quickly.

E2:
Spoiler
in the current system you can have a complete atlas,
and still be unable to sustain t16.
with your proposed system we could sustain t16 with NO investment and no understanding of the underlaying mechanics.
thats why i think it'd be to easy and hence to fast.
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
Last edited by MarboroMan on Nov 19, 2019, 9:07:26 PM
"
dattemayo wrote:
dank

My thoughts exactly.
n
ice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info