Diablo 4 vs POE 4.0 (aka PoE 2)

"
Ygidua wrote:
I like the new sockets system for POE, a new story we get in both games, skill system is mostly similar.

POE lacks a trade system which is a big issue for me, especially if certain things require trading like challanges. It´s impossible to find 15 unique maps or the required blight maps etc.

D4 will have trading, but what version has not been announced yet. I hope for an AH, that was such a blessing in D3. When they dropped it, I quit D3.

I dislike the mythic dungeon idea from D4, I hate having to play in groups to get into endgame content. If that truly goes live, I am not going to play.

Performance wise, Blizzard always had an edge over POE and most likely will keep that with D4 vs. POE2 as well. I also think that Blizzard offers a lot more free stuff for their games, which also plays a role.

We will see.

You are not really required to trade to get challenges... unique maps are easy to find, or get the divination cards for. Blight maps I can agree on, however, this still does not require trading. Just do unique and/or blight map rota's. You basically help other players with your map completions, and they help you. While both saving on costs of maps.

D4 will have trading yes, but the highest/best items are bind-on-pickup. The second highest/best items are trade-once. So basically everything useless is tradeable. So it may as well be bind-on-pickup. This is one of my biggest turn-offs off D4. Their co-op/multiplayer is optional I believe.

Judging the PoE2 gameplay, it seems the edge blizzard had over PoE both graphics and gameplay wise has ended. The differences will be so small it won't even be noticable. Having read the complaints some Diablo players have opted about PoE2, I feel they should actually look at what they are dissing. They only seem to come up with nonsense arguments.

For me it is not even a contest, for me the regular PoE already outshined D3 and D4. For multiple major reasons. So for me PoE2 wins 100%. Granted, excluding GGG screwing up something major(or D4 somehow being WAY outshining PoE2). which seems unlikely to happen.

PS: This does not mean PoE or even PoE2 are 100% perfect in my eyes.
i hope both excell so i can play both.

that would be a pure win²/win situation in my book.
- Best Signature Ever -
It's not vs to me, it's just additional. I play most ARPGs on the market and most of them have something good to offer (kinda loving Lost Epoch right now, just sad it runs like utter crap on my laptop for some reason).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Nov 17, 2019, 12:20:35 AM
One thing I have seen little talked about is D4 is more of an MMO now probably because too many people think POE is an MMO which it is not.

But basically it will be a somewhat of a different experience so I think they will be less of a competition to each other.I think D4 will attract more of the MMO crowd and POE the ARPG crowd.

the trailer for D4 was great but the gameplay and the itemization looks garbage , probably gonna play cause my friends will play it to (if i got time) .

but if both would release at the same time idd go with PoE2 , and leave shitfest to Blizzard bitch boys

"
wierdzodi wrote:
Not going to lie, i'm quite a bit more excited for Diablo 4 at this point in time although i like what i've seen from the PoE 2 teaser much needed technical improvements. D4 engine is still superior but it is at least 3-4 years away from release, many things could change by then.

It all depends how fresh PoE 2 will feel like, Diablo 4 feels like a breath of fresh air to me with a huge open world to explore & PvP which i've missed since Diablo 2 days.

Well like always, time will tell.

looking at wow and Diablo 3 Engines i wouldn't say their game engines are any good, it runs on everything but at the same time you can't run it properly with anything on the market, and when there are performance problems they are just not fixable
top kek
Last edited by Dimitrii_ss2 on Nov 24, 2019, 4:00:50 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
It's not vs to me, it's just additional. I play most ARPGs on the market and most of them have something good to offer (kinda loving Lost Epoch right now, just sad it runs like utter crap on my laptop for some reason).
Don't worry, Last Epoch can run like crap on plenty of good systems. Which is weird considering the graphics aren't particularly good. It looks decent enough at max settings, but even my high end rig can struggle at times to run the game well at max. They've got a really, really long way to go in the optimization department.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Nov 24, 2019, 5:02:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info