Diablo 4 vs POE 4.0 (aka PoE 2)

With everything that has been announced so far, which game will be the most interesting between both?

Spoiler
Personally I think Diablo 4 just died before being born for me, POE 2 with a totally new set of acts, shapeshifting, new gems systems, 19 new ascendancy classes. Vs Diablo 4 new boring Runes systems and boring items with only DPS and Defenses stats. Diablo 4 looking nice but it has some major flaws already in the game and the path they are taking. for me it's now 100% PoE.
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2019, 5:02:44 PM
Easily PoE 2 for me. I think D4 is going to be way too simplistic and dumbed down and have little to no depth, compared to PoE. That makes D4 fun for a week or two and then after you have played through it it's not going to have much replayability imo.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
D4 will be a shitfest I can guarantee it with actvision in charge. Dumbed down for masses and monitized all to hell. You think D3 AH was bad? This will have it all in addition to the $80 retail price. Nah - I'll stick with PoE. Free DLCs and only fools need gambling boxes and non free MTX.

Last good AAA game I played was God of War from sony rest survive on name recognition alone I dont expect D4 to be any different.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 15, 2019, 8:59:31 PM
PoE.
Time to clean up the stash tabs.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
diablofdb wrote:
With everything that has been announced so far, which game will be the most interesting between both?

Spoiler
Personally I think Diablo 4 just died before being born for me, POE 2 with a totally new set of acts, shapeshifting, new gems systems, 19 new ascendancy classes. Vs Diablo 4 new boring Runes systems and boring items with only DPS and Defenses stats. Diablo 4 looking nice but it has some major flaws already in the game and the path they are taking. for me it's now 100% PoE.

Probably neither for me, tbh.

D4 does look like it's going to right some of the wrongs of D3 by the time it's done, but probably not to the extent it needs to to keep the game interesting.

And the biggest thing I see in the PoE 2 announcement is that they will basically be tacking on even more parts to what's already Frankenstein's monster in ARPG form.

I think both will likely turn out fine in their own ways and they'll both be quite successful, but I'm just not terribly hyped about either one.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Not going to lie, i'm quite a bit more excited for Diablo 4 at this point in time although i like what i've seen from the PoE 2 teaser much needed technical improvements. D4 engine is still superior but it is at least 3-4 years away from release, many things could change by then.

It all depends how fresh PoE 2 will feel like, Diablo 4 feels like a breath of fresh air to me with a huge open world to explore & PvP which i've missed since Diablo 2 days.

Well like always, time will tell.
Last edited by wierdzodi on Nov 15, 2019, 11:55:51 PM
PoE
reason? mostly because of development. PoE 4.0(2) isn't in a rush, and the way its just an integration with the current game (in order to keep all microtransactions, progress, etc) just oozes quality more than a money grab over a brand name.
GGG is relaxed with 4.0. they can take their time, develop it how they envision and release something which can work in unison with our already exemplary experience with Path of Exile.

D4, in my opinion, has a very high risk of being a rushed, pressured, pushed piece of shit. mostly fueled by the community which has been demanding it for years. it will be a separate game, and starting everything over from a fresh wound isn't exactly a recipe for success.
that isn't to say it can't be or won't be a success, but i'd say its fighting the odds at this point.
Diablo 4 had a amazing cinematic. Same same gameplay (pretty much seemed like d3 but with better graphics and darker).

PoE 2 is introducing so much more gameplay, graphic upgrade and a bunch of fresh mechanics and features + seemingly more depth to the endgame. Practically everything d4 is offering + more but free?

That's my outlook anyway. Have to go with PoE on this one.
Last edited by Recla on Nov 16, 2019, 2:19:50 PM
I like the new sockets system for POE, a new story we get in both games, skill system is mostly similar.

POE lacks a trade system which is a big issue for me, especially if certain things require trading like challanges. It´s impossible to find 15 unique maps or the required blight maps etc.

D4 will have trading, but what version has not been announced yet. I hope for an AH, that was such a blessing in D3. When they dropped it, I quit D3.

I dislike the mythic dungeon idea from D4, I hate having to play in groups to get into endgame content. If that truly goes live, I am not going to play.

Performance wise, Blizzard always had an edge over POE and most likely will keep that with D4 vs. POE2 as well. I also think that Blizzard offers a lot more free stuff for their games, which also plays a role.

We will see.
"
Ygidua wrote:
I like the new sockets system for POE, a new story we get in both games, skill system is mostly similar.

POE lacks a trade system which is a big issue for me, especially if certain things require trading like challanges. It´s impossible to find 15 unique maps or the required blight maps etc.

D4 will have trading, but what version has not been announced yet. I hope for an AH, that was such a blessing in D3. When they dropped it, I quit D3.

I dislike the mythic dungeon idea from D4, I hate having to play in groups to get into endgame content. If that truly goes live, I am not going to play.

Performance wise, Blizzard always had an edge over POE and most likely will keep that with D4 vs. POE2 as well. I also think that Blizzard offers a lot more free stuff for their games, which also plays a role.

We will see.

All challenges are possible to do solo without any trading, easily, within 3 months the league lasts. Trading will speed it up a lot for those who can play less or wants to complete them faster, but I don't agree that they are impossible.

Also, what do you mean Blizzard gives more free stuff for their games? The Diablo games costs money to play, PoE does not. All you get for money is cosmetics that really doesn't matter to the game. PoE has more content and more depth that Diablo3 has and Diablo4 will have.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info