Watch the ExileCon Livestream and Win Microtransactions with Twitch Drops!

im sad
I didnt get even 1 drop and watched all the exilecon!! this was unfair!!!
Just watched a full 8 hour stream this morning in Korean standard time and I cannot wait for more Exilecon Day 2.
Watched ~ 4hours with account linked and got no drop T_T

I understand that its still luck based evern after 4h with every few minutes having a 1% chance....

still a bit frustrating ;)
"
ADtesterGM wrote:
Watched ~ 4hours with account linked and got no drop T_T

I understand that its still luck based evern after 4h with every few minutes having a 1% chance....

still a bit frustrating ;)

A lot of us watched the whole 8 hours.

What hurts most is that GGG blatantly threatens to ban small-time streamers from offering "incentives" to watch their stream. (Like having giveaways of the pixels you earned with your own time in-game.)

Meanwhile, they promise their entire fan base WHO CAN'T AFFORD TO FLY ACROSS THE PLANET to be at ExileCon that "oh if you tune in and watch with us you can get drops -- and maybe even be lucky enough to get more than one!" but then they completely fail to deliver. It's sooooo hypocritical. I went to bed with a smile on my face last night thinking it was probably a bug due to the overwhelming amount of traffic and that I'd wake up GGG/Twitch would have addressed it but... woke up to more aimless community speculation. Frowning now.

120k viewers on average were basically wrangled in by a incentives that never even showed. 120k viewers on average and I've still only seen like 3 proof posts of people receiving footprints or a cape. Many of us spent essentially an 8-hour work day diligently watching and INFLATING their numbers well-beyond the level of exposure they would usually have... so where's our thanks? Where's our compensation in doing our part in the "exposure scheme?"

When promises aren't made, I usually would have stuck around for the Keynotes, gone to work, and then come home to watch recordings. I think that's what I'll have to do next time.

Again, this could still be fixed in a day or two but I just feel we're going to be told that everything was working as it should have and that we're just being "greedy, whiny and unappreciative."

EDIT: I feel like I have to add this because of how my heart goes out to Chris Wilson. I'm not personally upset, or whatever -- I love this game, I love Chris's spirit and the fact that he was choking back tears yesterday when he finally got to show us PoE2... it's just the stupid marketing/sales team or whoever organizes this shoddy crap that taints such a wonderful project. If anyone from said team reads this comment: maybe next time just don't announce incentives to watch the stream. Maybe just enable drops on the day and reward those who actually choose to watch the Con live by their own free will. That way you wouldn't be disappoint your true fans for the sake of hyping up some new ones.
Last edited by 2Paisley on Nov 16, 2019, 9:29:52 AM
no drop thanx.
After the responses shown by GGG to some users on the subject of not having received drops, do not expect to be rewarded for those 8h viewing. You can see them on reddit.

In summary of the response you will receive: You have had bad luck, we are sorry.

To all those who do mathematics showing the probabilities, in the announcement they affirm that the average is 5 hours to earn a minimum MTX. It would have been more convenient and more loyal not to have said the average word and just to say that you can win nothing even if you are all connected exilecon.

It would have been more productive to work those 8 hours and then buy a collaborator package and you would have money left over.
Twitch Prime account...Watched Full Stream with connected poe account...No Mtx.
"
Zeal_Iskander wrote:
Support started by saying they talked to Twitch and that it was an issue withhTwitch. Then they stopped saying that and said that people simply were unlucky. Take from that what you will...

I was more irritated at the 8h in-game mute I got prior to the event for posting a comment in-game that was "not offensive" according to support, and chat mods on twitch deleting comments non-stop amidst the outrage even after the stream was over.

Yeah, I caught that.
So you get 1,5% chance per 5 minutes that you watch the stream. So in my case - I watched 7,5 hours non stop that means:

5 min. 1,5%
10 min. 3%
100 min. 30%
300 min. 90%
330 min. 99%
335 min. 100% chance after 5 hours and 35 minutes

If their post was correct then everyone who watched for longer than 335 minutes in a row (that is when the chance reaches 100%) should have gotten at least 1 drop.

Since I enjoyed the stream very much I fear that the problem were disconnects during the stream and not ill will on GGG´s part - I think that the timer count for dice rolls was reset by twitch everytime you were disconnected for a short while lasting til the reconnectoin to twitch.

Since I also got nothing I assume that Twitch reset the counter every time you were disconnected, wich happened quite frequently. I will watch tonight again and see if the odds are better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info