[3.8] Melting COC Assassin | 8m+ DPS | Deathless Uber Elder

As I know everyone wants POB before anything else: https://pastebin.com/qNqgjQ6d
Note: we don't have Onslaught. It's on POB just to simulate Mistwalker attack speed buff. :)

IMPORTANT: I'm not the original creator of the build! All credit for build idea and creation goes to SpiritKid. I've contacted him and asked for permission to create a new topic with my changed version. If you liked it, don't forget to check the original topic on the following link: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2555459

The build is based on trigger effects, using three spells triggered on critical strike by two Cospri's Malice and a Cast on Critical Strike setup. With enough cooldown recovery speed and attack speed, we can get up to 7.5 casts per second for each spell. We also convert all damage to fire using Cold to Fire gems and Avatar of Fire.

Videos
Spoiler
Deathless Uber Elder
T16 Hydra + Constrictor (+ lots of stuff)
T16 Chimera + Purifier
Delve depth 250 + Grand Architect

I'm available to add more videos, and will record some more soon. Feel free to ask for any map you would like me to put here!

Pros/Cons
Spoiler
Pros:
High mobility with Cyclone
High movement speed (can get more than +140%, plus up to +50% with elusive)
Itemization is quite cheap
Almost no mana issues, even without Enlighten
Doesn't need to look for much attribute on gear (just needs some dexterity and a little strength - we'll probably get them on Helmet and Jewel, respectively)
100% hit chance, no accuracy needed on gear
8m+ Shaper DPS with quite high survivability

Cons:
Melee build, possibly hard to avoid some mechanics in the beginning
Messy effects, possibly laggy (~22.5 casts per second, ignites and Herald of Ash explosions, Vortex effects)

How it works
Spoiler
Ice Nova synergises with Frostbolt, being able to expand from up to 2 Frostbolts, basically dealing twice the damage per cast. Thus, we use Frostbolt and Ice Nova together with a Frozen Trail unique jewel to make sure that every Ice Nova casted will deal its damage twice. To achieve 100% hit chance, we use Flesh and Stone together with The Effigon. Among other benefits, this combo guarantees a 100% hit chance against nearby enemies, thus we don't need to look for accuracy on gear.

COC mechanics, cooldown recovery and attack speed
Spoiler
The original creator of the build made a very clear explanation about these points on the original build topic. I'll try to make it as simple as simple as possible. Still, it's a pretty big explanation, so there's a tl;dr. :)

tl;dr you must get at least 14% cooldown recovery speed and no more than 15 attacks per second for maximum damage

For both Cast on Critical Strike Support (COC) and Cospri, everytime you crit you'll cast a single skill. If you have two Cospri equipped, only the Cospri which attacked will cast the skill. So, if you attack with your mainhand, it'll only cast your mainhand skills, one at a time.

Also, COC and Cospri don't share cooldown, even for same skills. We could place an Ice Nova on a COC link and another on a Cospri, and both would proc when we crit. That doesn't happen if we have two of the same gem on two Cospri: they'll share cooldown.

Since 3.6, both COC and Cospri have 150ms (or 0.15s) cooldown. This is quite misleading due to how the servers process information. In short, server refresh rate is 33ms, and our 150ms cooldown is adjusted to these frames. To fit our 150ms, we need 5 frames, which means our cooldown is not really treated as 150ms, but as 165ms. We lose some cooldown in this.

To fix this loss, our solution is to apply cooldown recovery speed to reduce our cooldown and fit it in 4 frames. According to tests, the cooldown recovery speed we should aim for is at least 14%. For 3 frames, it would be 52%, an unachievable value.

By reducing our cooldown to 4 frames (132ms), we also increase the amount of casts per second to (a little higher than) 7.5. Thus, we should aim to attack as fast as we can trigger our COC and Cospris. As we use 2x Cospri, each with up to 7.5 casts per second and each only proccing its own skill, we should aim for exactly 15 APS (attacks per second), thus getting 7.5 attacks per second for each weapon.

IMPORTANT: we should not go over 15 APS, or the casts wouldn't synchronise and the DPS would be reduced by around 50%. The spoiler below has an example I've commented on the original post.

Spoiler
Suppose your cooldown is .55s (~1.8 maximum procs per second) and you attack every .5s (2 attacks per second).

0.0s: attack, skill procs
0.5s: attack, skill doesn't proc (0.05s remaining)
1.0s: attack, skill procs
1.5s: attack, skill doesn't proc (0.05s remaining)

That's an extreme case, but it shows that if your APS goes over your proc rate just by a tiny bit, you can end up losing a LOT of procs (close to 50% in our case, as instead of one cast every 0.55s you get one every 1s). Also note that this doesn't happen when your APS is less than your maximum procs per second, as your procs will recover faster than you attack.

Don't worry about random buffs that would make you go over 15APS (such as shrine, stolen buffs, ...), they're temporary. Just focus on your buffed APS (consider jewels, equipment, elusive bonuses and frenzy charges) and you're good.

DPS and Defenses
Spoiler
DPS
Frostbolt: 346244.3 * 7.5 = 2596832.25
Ice Nova: 261072.5 * 2 * 7.5 = 3916087.5
Wave of Conviction: 248818.0 * 7.5 = 1866135.0
Total: 8379054.75 DPS

If you turn on Righteous Fire, it goes to 11786941.5 DPS. I rarely activate it, be careful if you do!
PS: The DPS might be a bit different if you calculate using POB values, as I've made some minor upgrades between the creation of the build topics and the generation of the POB link. I'll keep the old values so I don't need to change DPS on the whole topic.

Defenses
+178% life from tree, ~5.3k life
High dodge: 40/30 from Acrobatics/Phase, plus 10/10 from Quartz Flask, plus up to 25/25 from Elusive, plus 5/5 from Lunaris (if hit recently)
Permanent Fortify (from support gem on Cyclone setup)
Doesn't take extra damage from critical strikes (from Mistwalker)
Evade chance (evasion + blind from Flesh and Stone)
Chill on enemies (Vortex, Skitterbots)
High life recovery with ring (Poacher's Mark with high APS Cyclone) and life leech

A warn about defenses: be careful with physical spells! For attacks, we have dodge and evasion, but for spells we only have dodge. For elemental spells we still have elemental resistances, but we have (almost) no physical damage reduction, so physical spells can really hurt us.

Items
Spoiler
My current gear (used on videos)
Spoiler

Weapons
Spoiler

Not much to say about them. Just need to say they're not mandatory to start running the build. Check the leveling section for more info.

Helm
Spoiler

I'd recommend you to get either a Devoto or a Starkonja. They both gives us many useful status and the dexterity we need to use Cospri, and are relatively easier to find an enchanted one (I said easier, not cheaper :P). A rare helm is also an option. For rares, there are many useful affixes. Try to look for dexterity, life (maybe % maximum life too, but it'll be harder to find), resistances, and possibly a "nearby enemies have -9% fire resistance". Use the craft to fit your resistances or dexterity, or put a “% of physical damage from hits taken as fire damage”.

Chest
Spoiler

I'd recommend a rare evasion chest (preferably Assassin's Garb base for more evasion and implicit, but any evasion one will work). Look for an elder chest with "attacks have +#% critical strike chance", it's a great affix. Other useful affixes are life, % maximum life, resistances, dexterity and "recover #% of life on kill". You can craft life, % maximum life/mana, resistances, dexterity, chance to dodge spell hits and chance to block attack damage. Also, be careful if you're buying a strength chest, as we are low on this attribute!

If you're interested, uniques that are possible options are Carcass Jack and Loreweave.

Gloves
Spoiler

Look for rare gloves with life and resistances. If you have an open prefix, you can craft "% increased damage during any flask effect". If you have an open suffix, you can craft "#% increased global critical strike chance/#% increased elemental damage if you've dealt a critical strike recently".

Boots
Spoiler

Look for rare boots with life, high movement speed (I'd recommend 30%+ but maybe 25% is ok) and resistances. If you have an open prefix, I'd recommend a "cannot be frozen" craft. It's pretty expensive but you'll no more rely on flasks for that, freeing a suffix from one of your flasks. Cooldown recovery speed is also an option to look for, but it'll make the item much more expensive, só I recommend you to leave it for the belt.

Belt
Spoiler

Look for a rare shaped Leather Belt with life (affix, not implicit), resistances and at least 14% cooldown recovery speed. You can craft % increased damage, resistances or strength, depending on your needs.

Amulet
Spoiler

Mandatory item to run the build. We also benefit from its dexterity, fire resistance, evasion and fire penetration. Try to get one with a "0.5% of fire damage leeched as life" corruption for sustain. Until then, replace the Elemental Focus on Ice Nova setup for a Life Leech Support (placing it on Frostbolt is bad because Frostbolt doesn't always hit a monster before you kill it).

Rings
Spoiler

For your rare ring, I'd recommend a resistance base (such as two-stone, topaz, ...). Get one of them with "curse enemies with level # poacher's mark on hit". Other affixes to look for are life and resists. Also look for one open prefix. You'll then craft "channeling skills have -3 to mana cost", reducing Cyclone mana cost to 1. It's quite a filter, but I must say this single equip might guarantee that you can run even no regen maps withour any mana problems at all, while also gives you a lot of life regen (Poacher's Mark life on hit + Cyclone attack speed) and frenzy charges.

Flasks
Spoiler

Divine Life Flask or Eternal Life Flask
Prefix: Bubbling/Seething/Panicked (up to your preference)
Suffix: of Staunching

Quartz Flask
Prefix: Chemist's
Suffix: of Heat (if you don't have boots craft), of Reflexes (if you do)

Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask
Quicksilver Flask
Prefix: Experimenter's (Alchemist's prefix is also good but lasts for almost half the time)
Suffix: Adrenaline

Diamond Flask
Prefix: Experimenter's
Suffix: of Warding

The Wise Oak
To be sure you're using it right, check your resistances on your character sheet. The higher value (between parenthesis) is your uncapped resistance. To benefit from it, you need your highest uncapped resistance to be fire. To fully benefit from it, you need all of your uncapped resistances to be equal. In this case, all elements will both be highest and lowest, meaning that you will receive less damage from all of them (and still deal more damage with fire).

Eternal Mana Flask (replace Quartz Flask for "no mana regen" maps)
Prefix: Enduring
Suffix: same as Quartz Flask

Jewels
Spoiler
Frozen Trail
Spoiler

he only mandatory jewel. Later on the game, I'd recommend you to get one with the "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" implicit. It's quite expensive but believe me, as a Cyclone user who attacks 15 times per second, it'll save you a lot against those Nemesis monsters.

Watcher's Eye
Spoiler

Look for the affix "attack speed while affected by precision". It'll make easier for you to get to the 15 APS cap. This is the only really recommended affix. Double precision is quite expensive. The affix "gain a flask charge when you deal a critical strike while affected by precision" is a useful option, but is's already a bit expensive. The affix "#% to critical strike multiplier while affected by precision" is the best possible for a double precision jewel, but it's really, really expensive.

Rare
Spoiler

I'd recommend to get a single jewel with strength (to fill strength requirement for support gems). If you're trying to fit resistances, specially if you're trying to equal all 3 to fully benefit from Wise Oak, you can look for resists on two or three of them.

For the other affixes, our desired ones are related to damage, area damage, cold skills, fire damage, cold damage, spell damage, critical strike multiplier. Below are the affixes I've been looking for. There may be other useful ones.
Spoiler
- % maximum life
- increased damage
- increased area damage
- increased fire damage
- increased cold damage
- increased spell damage
- increased spell damage while dual wielding
- global critical strike multiplier
- critical strike multiplier for spells
- critical strike multiplier with cold skills
- critical strike multiplier with elemental skills

Gems
Spoiler
Cospri 1: Frostbolt setup
Spoiler

Frostbolt shall be placed on the mainhand Cospri. Cold to Fire is the best support for us. Combustion reduces enemies fire resistances, benefitting all of our damage gems.

Cospri 2: Ice Nova setup
Spoiler

Ice Nova shall be placed on the offhand Cospri. Concentrated Effect is slightly better than Elemental Focus, but the reduced AOE from it (and the already too high damage) made me keep Elemental Focus. It can be better for bosses, though.

Chest: COC setup
Spoiler

Differently from the original version, in which we had two Ice Nova gems, here we have a third spell on our 6link: Wave of Conviction. As we only deal fire damage, Wave of Conviction will always apply fire exposure, increasing all damage dealt for all skills (as we use Avatar of Fire). You can also remove Fortify from this setup and place on the mobility setup (commented below).

4link: Mobility
Spoiler

I'd say Leap Slam and Faster Attacks are mandatory here. The other two gems are up to you. My current setup is Leap Slam + Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike. Leap Slam is highly recommender for mapping because of cliffs and other obstacles. For the open slots, I've tested gems such as Whirling Blades, Culling Strike, Fortify, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, Summon Ice Golem, Vaal Grace, ... It highly depends on your playstyle.

4link: Auras
Spoiler

Flesh and Stone is mandatory to guarantee us 100% hit chance. Herald of Ash is extremely strong, clearing packs with its area effect and giving us a "more spell damage" effect. Precision 1 gives us a nice critical strike chance and some awesome Watcher's Eye mods for a 22 mana reservation cost. Skitterbots will slow and shock nearby enemies, effectively increasing our damage output.

4link: Utility
Spoiler

Vortex will deal fire damage because of Avatar of Fire, but its AOE will still chill enemies, making it safer for us and increasing our critical strike chance (from Cospri affix). As we'll be casting Vortex a lot without mana problems, Arcane Surge will have a 100% uptime (be sure not to overlevel Arcane Surge, keep it at a level you can guarantee its buff with a single Vortex cast). Vaal Righteous Fire is here to benefit from Increased Duration.

Another possibility is to run a CWDT setup instead of an Arcane Surge setup. For example, you can run Cast when Damage Taken 1 - Immortal Call 3 - Increased Duration - Vaal Righteous Fire.
With this change, we lose some "more spell damage", mana regen (which we don't really need) and chill effect (from Vortex) and gain some physical damage reduction, which we lack. The damage loss is quite considerable (my numbers changed, but it's around 11% DPS loss - we still keep around 7.4m DPS) but we gain some toughness. I still like Arcane Surge but that's an option if you like it safer (and maybe if Vortex lags you). :P

Bandits/Ascendancy/Enchants/Pantheon/Anoints
Spoiler
Bandits
Spoiler
Help Alira. Everything she gives us is useful. Kill all can also be an option if you prefer to.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
For leveling, my preferred order for ascendancy notables is Opportunistic > Ambush and Assassinate. After Merciless lab, remove Ambush and Assassinate and pick Unstable Infusion and Deadly Infusion. For Uber lab, pick Mistwalker.

Below, there's an explanation about our choices.

Spoiler
The changes from 3.8 brought us many buffs, including a brand new ascendancy notable: Mistwalker. As we don't lack damage at all, this was an interesting point I've decided to place in the build. Basically it gives us Elusive and some buffs around it. Elusive gives us 20% attack and spell dodge, and 40% movement speed, and Mistwalker increases those values by 25% (making it 25/25/40). These values decay over time, and although it's still good, the best is still to come. Mistwalker gives us a 50% chance on critical to gain Elusive, and while Elusive we have 20% increased attack speed, 8% reduced damage taken and we take no extra damage from critical strikes. It's a HUGE buff to our survivability.

I've decided to replace Ambush and Assassinate because the other points were simply too strong compared to him. Deadly Infusion gives us damage and mobility, Unstable Infusion is a prerequisite, and Opportunistic gives us some toughness, damage and mobility. While Ambush and Assassinate is also good, I didn't really like its buffs while on full life (basically applying only to the first hit - the cyclone one, maybe?) nor the combination of Culling Strike and buffs against enemies on low life (from 35% to 10%, when it gets killed by Culling Strike). It's good for leveling, though, and even if it received a good buff, getting some "more" instead of "increased" on its description, it's still the only node which doesn't give us toughness or mobility (and we don't really lack damage).

Enchants
Spoiler
Helm
Spoiler
15% increased Cyclone attack speed (possibly the best option, makes it even easier to get to 15 APS but it's quite expensive)
Wave of Conviction's Exposure applies -6% Elemental Resistance (it seems quite rare, but increases your damage for every skill, so it's an option if you're done on APS)
40% increased Ice Nova damage (not so cheap but it's an alternative if you're low on currency)

Boots
Spoiler
Damage penetrates 10% resistances if you haven't killed recently (it'll basically only apply to bosses, but the rest will die too quickly, so it's by far the best option)
Adds 45 to 68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently (will basically only increase our damage during clear, but is still a strong option)
Those two are the strongest ones but there are some other options, not too strong but useful. Life regen, spell dodge, attack dodge, attack and cast speed, leech, movement speed. They're all good enchants you can opt to keep while equipping your character.

Gloves
Spoiler
I recommend "of Reflection" (creates a copy of you) or "of Spite" (nova of projectiles leaving chilled ground) enchantments. They both help your survivability. Still, I'd say this is more personal than the others, so feel free to pick whatever you want.

Pantheon
Spoiler
Major: Lunaris
Minor: Any one will work well, depending on your preference. I'd recommend Garukhan for general use, and Ryslatha for lab (as we have no/low base health regen).

Anoints
Spoiler
Before we list some good notables for anoint, it's important to say it's better to have fire leech corruption on your amulet than having an anoint. Leech is quite essential for sustain, and having leech (either on amulet or helmet) will free your Ice Nova setup from running a Life Leech Support. You can get fire leech from a helmet corruption, or even get anoint and leech on the same amulet (need lots of luck). Also, we'll comment DPS anoints based on our Ice Nova average hit damage, which is currently 261k on POB.

Damage (up to ~9.1% DPS increase)
Spoiler
If you're using Wise Oak (which you should) and your highest resist is Fire (should be if you're using Wise Oak), then the best anoint for damage is Snowforged (Sepia + Azure + Black). It seems weird to anoint a node we already have, but let me show why.
First, if you have all 3 resists equalized, Snowforged would reduce your fire resistance and you would lose its fire damage penetration. That would only make it even more important besides what we're about to talk.
In a general case (considering your highest resistance is fire), removing the two nodes leading to Snowforged would represent just a little damage loss (5026 and 5740), while removing Snowforged would reduce our damage by 19496. Note that Snowforged is the real strong node on this cluster, and most importantly, note that if we anoint it we can free 4 passive points (3 from Snowforged cluster, plus the intelligence minor) with little damage loss.
There are some options on where to spend those 4 passive points. I'll list them based on overall DPS increase (our build DPS, including the three main skills), and comment a little about bonuses (if they're not just pure damage nodes). Some options are 3 node clusters. For these, we use the 4th passive points on Light of Divinity (it's good for damage and also gives us 10 strength, which completes our strength requirement).

Disciple of the Forbidden (9.13m DPS, ~9.1% increase) gives us mana regen and crit chance per power charge, boosting our crit chance for both spells and Cyclone.
Holy Fire + Light of Divinity (8.72m DPS, ~4.2% increase) is pure damage.
Doom Cast (8.69m DPS, ~3.8% increase) is pure damage.
Throatseeker (9.04m DPS, ~7.9% increase) is pure damage.
Prodigal Perfection + Light of Divinity (8.77m DPS, ~4.6% increase) gives us some maximum mana.
Divine Fury + Light of Divinity (8.76m DPS, ~4.5% increase) is pure damage.
Divine Judgement (8.9m DPS, ~6.4% increase) is pure damage.
Annihilation + Light of Divinity (8.9m DPS, ~6.3% increase) gives us crit chance for spells, although it's not enough for us to get to 100% and avoid reflect elemental damage.

Of course, there are some other options for damage anoints, but not as good as Snowforged. I'll list some other useful options, also listing them based on overall DPS. For the notables not commented above, I'll also comment its usefulness, if not pure damage.
Throatseeker (Amber + Violet + Opalescent) (8.93m DPS, ~6.6% increase)
Searing Heat (Amber + Azure + Silver) (8.92m DPS, ~6.4% increase) is pure damage.
Doom Cast (Amber + Azure + Golden) (8.87m DPS, ~5.9% increase)
Divine Judgement (Sepia + Teal + Black) (8.86m DPS, ~5.7% increase)
Annihilation (Clear + Clear + Black) (8.84m DPS, ~5.4% increase)
Master of Force (Black + Black + Opalescent) (8.76m DPS, ~4.6% increase) gives us some strength and a chance to deal double damage (really strong affix).
True Strike (Teal + Crimson + Black) (8.76m DPS, ~4.6% increase) gives us some critical strike chance, which will be useful to increase Cyclone crit chance.
Prodigal Perfection (Clear + Azure + Azure) (8.71m DPS, ~3.9% increase)
Disciple of the Forbidden (Black + Black + Black) (8.69m DPS, ~3.6% increase)
Divine Fury (Amber + Amber + Black) (8.61m DPS, ~2.8% increase)
Holy Fire (Amber + Teal + Silver) (8.59m DPS, ~2.4% increase)

Toughness
Spoiler
As our damage is already pretty high, another possible option for anoint is something to increase our survivability. There are some good options here, we'll list some of them.
Heart of the Warrior (Violet + Silver + Golden): Quite expensive. Gives us lots of health and some strength we need to fit requirements.
Golem's Blood (Teal + Golden + Golden): Expensive. Gives us 10% life and 1.6% life regen (which we lack).
Constitution (Silver + Golden + Golden): Second most expensive node in the tree. Gives us lots of health.
Warrior's Blood (Teal + Teal + Black): Quite cheap. Gives us 1.8% life regen and 20 strength. It's not a high toughness node, but it gives two things we lack (our tree has no life regen and we lack some strength for support gems requirement).
Disciple of the Unyielding (Violet + Crimson + Opalescent): About okay price. Gives us a source of endurance charges, while we also have one constant charge. Remember that we get 4% physical damage reduction and elemental resistances for each endurance charge. Also gives us some little damage.
Soul of Steel (Golden + Golden + Golden): Can't be more expensive than this. Gives us some toughness. Remember that our armour is reduced by Acrobatics, so the real attractive status here are the maximum elemental resistances and physical damage reduction.

Map Mods
Spoiler
There are only a few mods for us to comment. First, reflect elemental is quite impossible for us. Although we don't take reflect damage on critical, our spells' critical strike chance isn't high enough to guarantee us a safe run. Thus, I always avoid reflect elemental maps. The good news about it is, this is the only mod we can't really do!

The first one I'd warn you to be careful about is no mana regen. I recommend you to always bring an Enduring Eternal Mana Flask on those maps (I replace Quartz Flask because I have immunity to freeze on boots; if you depend on it to avoid freezes, use an Enduring Eternal Mana Flask of Heat). If you have a Poacher's Mark ring, you can possibly do this mod even without a mana flask (be careful on using movement skills). Just be careful not to face a map with both no mana regen and hexproof without a mana flask, or you'll certainly die.

The second one is cannot leech. It can be boring and possibly deadly if your only sustains are leech and your life flask (if you have the "recover life on kill" mod, you'll probably be ok).

The last one is less maximum resistance mod. On red maps, it goes up to 12% less maximum resistances. This means that instead of 75% resists, we have 63%. Instead of taking 25% damage, we take 37%. It's almost a 50% increased damage taken. So be careful about elemental damage when running this mod!

The other map mods aren't really any harm for you. Curse mods are avoided by our Diamond Flask of Warding. Monsters with increased critical strike chance/multiplier isn't a deal because we don't take extra damage from crits. Nemesis/Bloodline can be a problem if you doesn't react fast enough to remove Corrupted Blood (if you have immunity due to jewel corruption, just ignore it). Reflect physical just doesn't happen because we use Avatar of Fire. Elemental Equilibrium is a little bad and we can't avoid it but we still steamroll everything anyways. Most of the others don't even deserve to be mentioned here.

Leveling
Spoiler
I've put some leveling trees on POB (link is on top of post) to guide you. Remember that you can always personalize it!

Leveling with this character isn't awesome, but it's quite good. You'll play as a default caster until Merciless lab, when you can easily change to COC. I recommend changing once you finish Act 10.

Choose between leveling with Freezing Pulse or Frostbolt as your main skill (I prefer Pulse because of projectile speed and crit chance). Also be sure to get Frostbolt, TWO Ice Nova and Wave of Conviction gems (your damage gems) ASAP and keep leveling them to use once you turn to COC.

During your leveling, don't overlook gems, just pick the supports that most increase your main skill tooltip DPS. Use a setup with Frost Bomb - Spell Cascade - Arcane Surge for increased damage and mana regen. Keep Arcane Surge in a level such that a single Frost Bomb cast would already give you the buff. Also be sure to get Level 1 Precision on Act 1 (can run it from the moment you get it), Herald of Ice on Act 2 (link it with Onslaught, maybe Ice Bite, if you want to) and a First Snow/Frozen Trail unique jewel (depending on your skill) on Act 5. If you got the currency, buy a second one for an even easier clear. Herald of Ash also increases your spell power, it's a good gem for leveling and you'll also use it on the build. Other gems choices (such as curses, other auras, ...) are up to you. Just be sure to be comfortable with your mana.

For the first two labs, as stated earlier, get Opportunistic first (will speed up your leveling), then Ambush and Assassinate (Unstable Infusion isn't the best option for Cruel lab).

After Merciless Lab, you can change to COC, so there's a quite big change. Get Unstable Infusion and replace Ambush and Assassinate for Deadly Infusion (if you lack refunds, go back to acts and do the refund quests). Get a COC setup with Cyclone, Cast on Critical Strike, Frostbolt, Ice Nova (add Increase Critical Strikes and Faster Attacks for 6link - Additional Accuracy is also an option in the beginning). Get a Frozen Trail jewel so your Frostbolt has additional projectiles. Also get two weapons with good APS and critical strike chance, such as Widowmaker (pretty cheap) or Brightbeak (still kinda cheap), so you can start spinning around with many casts per second (there might be other good uniques I don't remember right now, and you can also look for one-handed rares). Don't pick Avatar of Fire until you get two Cospris (also don't get fire damage nodes yet).

At this point, you can start mapping, or farm a bit on Blood Aqueduct (which can also you get you a Tabula). The 6link is quite important, even if doesn't have useful affixes (like a Tabula). Get one, then your next focus is to get one Effigon (with Flesh and Stone) so you can forget about accuracy for the rest of the league. Depending on the price and on your clear speed, either buy an Effigon, or buy an Ignomon and a Blind Faith prophecy and upgrade it yourself on a Haunted Mansion map.

Once you get your first Cospri, you'll probably lack dexterity to use it. Aside from dexterity on items, you can respec some nodes to get Alacrity and minor dexterity nodes to the right of the tree (near Acrobatics, on the way to Herbalism) to help you fulfil your requirement. Place your second Ice Nova on it (now you have one on Cospri and one on 6link) and save currency for your second Cospri, where you'll put your Frostbolt (remove it from 6link). Place your Frostbolt Cospri on your mainhand and your Ice Nova Cospri on your offhand. Once you're dual wielding Cospris, you're good to get Avatar of Fire. Once you're dealing fire damage only, be sure to place our final gem setups for Cospris and 6link (check gems section or POB build). Run a Life Leech Support on your Ice Nova Cospri setup until you get another source of leech (fire leech corruption on Effigon or helmet).

Don't forget: for last lab, get Mistwalker!

Tips
Spoiler
Cyclone is, in my opinion, one of the best skills in the game. After it was changed, its mobility is too strong, and you should use it. Don't stand still, or you'll become an easy target for direction-based spells (projectile, cone, arc). Keep circling around your targets, and you'll end up evading most part of the harm. :)

When you cast a new Wave of Conviction, the previous one begins to disappear. That means they won't get too far from you (but that's no problem, so won't Ice Nova). Also keep in mind that Wave of Conviction creates an arc, so it doesn't damage everything around you. Try to position so this arc hits most of the enemies.

Remember you have a projectile skill being procced. If enemies are too spread, try to position so that your Frostbolts are projected to other enemies as well. For example, on Atzoatl or Atziri immune phases, when they keeps spawning mobs who moves towards them, I usually position so that my Frostbolts hit least two of the spawns.

Vortex has some good effects for us. It procs Arcane Surge (increases spell damage and mana regen), creates many chilling areas (due to Frostbolts), and it has almost no mana cost. Even if we have low unreserved mana, we still have high mana regen (even without Poacher's Mark ring), so you can recover your spent mana before Vortex gets out of cooldown. You can opt to get Vortex always on cooldown, as it won't mess with your mana, but at least be sure to always keep Arcane Surge buff up!

If you're having problems with high APS and need to reduce your attack speed, you can try to tune your APS on your passive tree. On our current passive build we only have two nodes related to attack speed: Coordination (12%) and Retribution (5%). To tune your APS, remove one (or both) of them and replace them with some other possible attack speed choices (if needed). Below, there are some 1-point dip possibilities:
- Dual Wield and Attack Speed (4% - Gemini cluster)
- Attack and Cast Speed, Accuracy (4% - above Precision)
- Accuracy and Attack Speed (4% - Acuity cluster)
- Attack and Cast Speed (4% - left of Coordination)
- Channeling Attack Damage and Speed (3% - Unpredictably Offensive cluster)

Another useful tip you might like is including Rampage on the build. You don't even need to change your main equipments for that: just place a Sincivta's Mettle as your secondary weapon. Start your map with it, get your first kills (your only damage source will be Wave of Conviction so be careful). You retain your Rampage buff when you switch weapons, so switch back to your Cospris and start your spinning messy destruction.
Last edited by Chesco on Nov 18, 2019, 10:08:02 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2019, 12:44:39 PM
Melting COC huh ? :D
IGN: Cyanyx
http://exilestats.com/ex/
This guide looks great, nice work! Detailed guide, strong build; would recommend 100%.
So I got a question, do both the Cospri's Malice weapons need 14% increased attack speed or can we go lower?
"
Redemption91 wrote:
So I got a question, do both the Cospri's Malice weapons need 14% increased attack speed or can we go lower?

14% is not needed to run the build, it just helps us to get APS cap.
Don't worry about using a low attack speed Cospri until later in the game, it'll work well. You can change it when you're done on other equipments. :)
Last edited by Chesco on Nov 17, 2019, 10:59:32 PM
dast
Last edited by lordofcinder6 on Nov 17, 2019, 6:43:01 AM
i can confirm its a really good build a better version for the coc assassin that actually kill end game bosses with no sweat or alot of evades the damage is really big , killed shaper deathless and soon will do uber elder , thanks for the guide dude

Very Nice Indeed, aps with mistwalker up is around 15.38 without Retrobution yet maybe my amulet is the cause? or is over 15aps ok?
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
Very Nice Indeed, aps with mistwalker up is around 15.38 without Retrobution yet maybe my amulet is the cause? or is over 15aps ok?

More than 15 APS is a real problem because of lost procs (some crits don't proc skills because the item/COC cooldown hasn't recovered yet).

I've checked your char with POB and for me it shows 15.25 APS, 0.13 lower than the value you said (no problem about the difference, it's just to use later). Amulet corruption might seems to be a problem, but I guess you can solve it easily. Put Retribution back and remove Coordination. You shall get close to 15 APS. With this passive change I get 14.83 APS on POB (14.96 with the 0.13 difference, if it keeps the same). :)
Last edited by Chesco on Nov 17, 2019, 11:00:27 PM
"
lordofcinder6 wrote:
i can confirm its a really good build a better version for the coc assassin that actually kill end game bosses with no sweat or alot of evades the damage is really big , killed shaper deathless and soon will do uber elder , thanks for the guide dude

Thanks for the feedback! Nice to hear you liked it.

Also, I've checked your profile and need to warn you about the lack of cooldown reduction. Without it, your APS cap should be 12 APS, and you possibly have much more than that (specially with Close Combat). I didn't check values with POB, can do it later, but i know it doesn't include Close Combat bonus and even without it your APS will probably be higher than the cap.

Still, try to get your hands on a belt with cooldown reduction as your next upgrade. It will make a big difference on your damage! :)
Last edited by Chesco on Nov 17, 2019, 11:37:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info