[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
rayananubis wrote:
so, even with 2 rings we dont have mana to toggle all the auras, doest that means that we only use the Vaal Haste and toggle Pride instead?

Check your rings have the modifier
"Herald of purity has #% reduced mana reservation"
There are variations without this mod.
Fish
"
VoidMoon wrote:
I'm wondering how this build has sustain? I don't see any life leech or life on hit, but you seem to be keeping your hp up quite well in the videos.

We sustain fro life regeneration. You can reach around 800-1000 hps baseline with some scaling depending on moving or notables like surging vitality.
For anyone who is interested in ways of progression and dmg possibilities I have some update on my post from page 46:

Currently I'm able to reach around 3.3 million DPS per sentinel (7) in boss fights (https://pastebin.com/F6kR8aUx) while still maintaining 6.5k hp and 6.2 unbuffed armour at level 97. I tried to be fair regarding toggled "options" and have not checked "killed recently" or "created recently" because those two options are most of the time situationally. "Killed" is mostly active while mapping and "created" only at the beginning of boss fights but then most likely not all sentinels are out at the same time. With both I would reach 3.5 million dps.
Nevertheless I have check "minions at full life", 3 spider webs and deathmarked as they are up most of the time in boss fights.

This directly leads to one of my upgrades. A +2 Gem level amulet with Aspect of the Spider:

By annointing Charisma we can free up enough mana to fit it in as an additional aura. Furthermore Charisma on its own gives a nice damage boost because it increases the damage of most of our auras. I now have 129 mana left and with two "1% reduced mana reservation"-jewel corruption I could go up to aroun 170 mana. But 129 seems currently enough.
Aspect of the spider not only provides damagebut also some toughness as it slows enemies by up to 30%.

Secondly I upgraded my helmet. Had an non-influenced base and wanted to get elder influence for "increased phys damage taken". Decided to go for crusader influence along elder (you cannot only craft elder influence on a non-influenced base) to have the option to get "inc fortify effect" also. After around 6-8 ex of fossil crafting I stopped with this one:

It gives a HoP dmg increase of 8-9%. I'm currently afraid to use an annulment orb on it but eventually I will use it as there are 3 useless affixes (light radius, stun recovery and maybe +2 minion gems). If I hit a suffix I could get ailment avoidance on it. If I hit the affix I could add armour/life hybrid.

With these upgrade my HoP is at level 30 and the dmg increase for pushing gem levels flattens (one level now only results in 5% instead of 10% more damage). Therefore I probably will stay with my chest and not aim for a +2 gem level one.

Open upgrades I still consider:
* Awakended Multistrike instead of Minion Speed (adds 50% more damage!!!) and than maybe Flesh Offering for Flame Dash or one Golem to increase minion attk/movement speed again while mapping
* Culling Strike on Gloves (the corresponding slam has two usefull outcomes and two grabage ones)
* Ailment immunity (Chest prefix craft instead of % life, gloves and helmet suffix and shaper boots suffix)
* Better Jewels: Currently have one with all res but want to move these necessary resistances two the small cluster jewels

Some more thoughts about cluster jewels.
Small life clusters (with 3 passives) have a huge potential beside notable:
* Dexterity (up to 2*14=28)
* Life (up to 2*16=32)
* All Res (up to 2*6=12)
* and other useful: singel resistances, all attributes, life regeneration

They are by far harder to optimize than medium or large cluster:
* Medium clusters are most of the time fine (4 passives) if the have 1 jewel and two notables out of the three good ones (Pure Agony, Disciples and Cult-Leader). The additional fourth affix is only allocated once and therefore has little impact.
* Large clusters are more or less generic: 8 passives, 2 Jewel sockets, Rotten Claws and two from the the other three good ones (Call to the Slaughter [Minion attack speed is not always up as we only refresh the minions and don't create them all the time], Renewal and Feasting Fiends)

Thanks again bashtart for the guide and build idea!
2 questions which have possibly been answered already somewhere in this thread but please indulge me:

1) Where can I find those rings? None of the ones I find on poe trade have the reduced mana reservation for Herald of Purity gem.

2) Is this build still being updated? Because the last few pages I've read so many people with possible improvements it seems strangs not to update the build.

3) Yes, I was cheating, I had 3 questions. The cluster Jewels aren't mentioned anywhere by the OP on the first page. It reverts to question 2 but it's a bit weird to have no information on this two weeks in.

4) Doesn't count, it's not a question. I don't want to sound too harsh towards the OP, thanks for the build in any case.
Question 1: You on Xbox, it fucking sucks for gear, not enough players not enough loot.
Last edited by LockedGoblin689 on Mar 25, 2020, 4:10:56 PM
Lol no, I'm all PC. I was even in the beta for PoE so definitely not console.

The ring can be on poe trade, but I can't find one with the needed stats it seems.
Try this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/7E2P4rH5
Seriously why the fuck isn't cyclone a physical spell gem.
Went through all this hassle to get +attack speed + poison to gloves just to find out the daggers don't buff cyclone..... waste of time.
I was able to complete up to the 14th wave of the simulacrum with this, where should I improve to get further? I just remembered as I write this my jewels needs some work. And my gems.

Really enjoying this build. Having more fun than i did with VD spell slinger.

(also the 15th wave for me was a double boss..might have just been unlucky)

Spoiler
Fish
"
TallTimbers wrote:
I was able to complete up to the 14th wave of the simulacrum with this, where should I improve to get further? I just remembered as I write this my jewels needs some work. And my gems.

Really enjoying this build. Having more fun than i did with VD spell slinger.

(also the 15th wave for me was a double boss..might have just been unlucky)

Spoiler

Can you make your profile public? From what I can see, you seem to have OK gear. I dont see you using Pride (with the 2 rings and reduced mana reserved on tree) you can add in another aura. Are you using cluster jewels? You can get 2 more Sentinals for a total of 7 which really helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info