[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

"

Just wanted to share a few of my crafts because I was excited to land each of them.

Left Claw: basic fossil craft four mods using method described by OP, blocked prefix, slammed with Warlord's Exalted Orb. I would have liked Tier 1 on the slam, but oh well. Pretty much all the Warlord's claw suffixes are useful for build, so definitely worth doing if you have a nice claw with open suffix.

Right Claw: basic fossil craft five affix. May try to annul the Dex if I can get a suitable backup.

Left Helm: I rolled so many lion's pelts with fossils, using annuls, add/remove affixes, slams once I landed T1 life and -% to chaos resist. This was the best I could do until I made the other helm. It was four mods, annulled down to two and multimodded. It's not really that powerful of a multimod, but kinda cool for Plague Bearer links. I'd rather have annulled the %regen for a suffix but didn't want to risk it at the time. It would have also been nice to be able to beastcraft split the TI/chaos, but the enchant didn't allow it.

Right Helm: This was a super lucky natural fossil roll. Again, would love higher resist rolls, but I think this is the best I could hope for (no lightning resist bc Aberrant Fossil). I may try to annul the rarity mod if I can craft a backup helm.

I've found the hardest thing to craft to be a decent amulet. There's just too many junk mods. I may try adding prismatic, but that adds "more" to other mods we don't want.

I've been pretty happy with the build. I've spawned Awakener but haven't run it yet because I'm not sure I'm ready. The only real issue for Metamorph has the lack of chaos resist, without a good way to squeeze it in. I've had quite a few RIPs to Al-Hezmin and his maps.

The best thing about this guide has been the guidance on crafting. I've learned so much more about crafting this league by following it.

Thanks for you feedback, I'm happy to see that my guide is so helpful. You crafted some really nice items there, all of them! :)
RIPs to Metamorphs happen on all builds, it's again a stupid 1-shot mechanic, like some legion encounters were. Make sure you use the "immune to poison" Pantheon for his maps and the boss fight. Hunter is the most dangerous conqueror though, I also sometimes die to his triple snakes in the fight.

"
eHinro wrote:

So i was able to craft this claw....what do you you recommend crafting on it via the bench? I have another claw that has chance to blind on it already.

Ive seen claws with increased chaos damage, increased chaos damage over time multiplier, penetrates chaos resistance, etc.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Can't wait to try the build.

You have to use PoB to see what craft gives your build the most damage on that claw. There is no general way to say, so I can't give you any advice there, sorry.

Well i cant post my Items again since it says its out of sync. But i've gotten some upgrades but i'm slowing starting to struggle with Damage in t13+ maps.
Should i use Malevolence over aspect of the spider?

Also what amount of Life should i be looking for in endgame ish?
I'm only at 3100 at lvl 85. I'm still missing a my chest ( using tabula )

Ps your Skilltree is different from the PoB, is there a reason for that?
Last edited by ALLESKLAR4 on Jan 21, 2020, 9:04:37 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has contributed these, but i have a couple QOL things to add. Don't bother with CWDT, put withering step on walk key. Link it with AOE gem along with plague Bearer. The only draw back is you can't walk in town. Also link power charge on crit with whirling blade, so we can take Ambush and assassinate instead for ascendency.
Last edited by thraenus on Jan 22, 2020, 3:48:25 AM
"
ALLESKLAR4 wrote:
Well i cant post my Items again since it says its out of sync. But i've gotten some upgrades but i'm slowing starting to struggle with Damage in t13+ maps.
Should i use Malevolence over aspect of the spider?

Also what amount of Life should i be looking for in endgame ish?
I'm only at 3100 at lvl 85. I'm still missing a my chest ( using tabula )

Ps your Skilltree is different from the PoB, is there a reason for that?

I'd say somewhere between 5k-5,5k effective hp is a decent amount, given that we have some defense layers (Fortify and CwDT-IC) and we heavily rely on not getting hit because we evade and dodge anyways. You will still die to crazy metamorphs and ofc Sirus attacks that you don't manually dodge, but that should give a nice amount of survivability - in softcore terms.

The Tree from my character is different, since it isn't redone for 3.9, I played that char in 3.8. The PoB reflects the changes that were necessary due to changes on the passive tree and some tweaking and feedback I gathered from the comments. When you make your tree, make sure you take enough accuracy, chance to poison (should not be an issue after early leveling) and life over the abundance of damage nodes. Your damage is high enough anyways in the endgame, so always make sure to not solely focus on damage.

I posted yesterday complaining a little about chaos resists, but I've been able to fix it. As someone pointed out earlier, it's possible to get some nice chaos resistance with Circle of Nostalgia. Of course, this requires good elemental resists on other pieces of gear. To compensate for losing "non-channeling skills have -# to mana cost," we need to have the -15 mana body armor, -9 to mana cost craft on the other ring (Jun), and two jewels with "#% mana cost to skills." This gets Cobra Lash mana to 0 and other skills low enough mana cost (ex: Whirling Blade 3 mana) to sustain on about 20-30 unreserved mana.

The "Herald of Agony had %# increased buff effect" is a great bonus.

Here is my PoB with this implemented: https://pastebin.com/5QGq22DX.
Last edited by L1L_I3E4R_NoScope on Jan 22, 2020, 5:26:30 AM
I just want to also give some props for the crafting guide. I've made so many exalts by crafting claws with chaos damage and it's so easy. Well lucky as well. But that's what the rng gods are for. Well done.
So I'm about a month into the build now and it's been incredible fun but on the juicy maps and some bosses, my DPS just isn't cutting it with how squishy evasive characters are when they do get hit every now and then.

Since I'm nowhere close to farming 25+ ex in the near future to fix this problem. Would it be wise to go for a budget 5ex watchers eye with:

increased attack dmg during precision (this should increase my base hit and therefor my poison per tick?)
faster tickspeed for damaging ailments during malevolence (I kill things easily with like 1-2 hits but I tend to die in the 3-4 seconds it takes them to tick down to 0hp)

Hoping this will allow me to do the super juicy maps and the high regen morphs so I have a way to properly farm towards the bigger investments in the next month or so. Also hope it helps my sirus 8 kills because with my lag it's either kill fast or facetank abilities and an eva build is never gonna facetank his stuff so more damage it is.
"

I posted yesterday complaining a little about chaos resists, but I've been able to fix it. As someone pointed out earlier, it's possible to get some nice chaos resistance with Circle of Nostalgia. Of course, this requires good elemental resists on other pieces of gear. To compensate for losing "non-channeling skills have -# to mana cost," we need to have the -15 mana body armor, -9 to mana cost craft on the other ring (Jun), and two jewels with "#% mana cost to skills." This gets Cobra Lash mana to 0 and other skills low enough mana cost (ex: Whirling Blade 3 mana) to sustain on about 20-30 unreserved mana.

The "Herald of Agony had %# increased buff effect" is a great bonus.

Here is my PoB with this implemented: https://pastebin.com/5QGq22DX.

That's a good ring and you did well to be able to include it into the build. Well balanced, damage and life on your PoB, well done. :)

"
The_Zodiac wrote:
I just want to also give some props for the crafting guide. I've made so many exalts by crafting claws with chaos damage and it's so easy. Well lucky as well. But that's what the rng gods are for. Well done.

Hey man, that's cool, making currency when crafting your own stuff is the best! :)

"
jer1993 wrote:
So I'm about a month into the build now and it's been incredible fun but on the juicy maps and some bosses, my DPS just isn't cutting it with how squishy evasive characters are when they do get hit every now and then.

Since I'm nowhere close to farming 25+ ex in the near future to fix this problem. Would it be wise to go for a budget 5ex watchers eye with:

increased attack dmg during precision (this should increase my base hit and therefor my poison per tick?)
faster tickspeed for damaging ailments during malevolence (I kill things easily with like 1-2 hits but I tend to die in the 3-4 seconds it takes them to tick down to 0hp)

Hoping this will allow me to do the super juicy maps and the high regen morphs so I have a way to properly farm towards the bigger investments in the next month or so. Also hope it helps my sirus 8 kills because with my lag it's either kill fast or facetank abilities and an eva build is never gonna facetank his stuff so more damage it is.

I'm not sure I can give you proper advice here. But on my other character that I'm currently playing, I just dropped 6 points in high quality damage nodes and respecced into life nodes. I'm still destroying stuff, but now I have 500 eHP more.
for survaibility swapping herald of agony for herald of purity helped me a lot.. this 4 dudes draw tons of aggro from monsters especially in metamorph or boss fights.

also 6k life help a lot imho.
EDIT
~ Seph
Last edited by sephrinx on Jan 23, 2020, 4:54:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info