As GGG is owned by TenCent..

Can we expect our chats to be censored and accounts banned ala Blizzard for wrongspeak?
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2019, 10:21:56 PM
"
HelicanV wrote:
Can we expect our chats to be censored and accounts banned ala Blizzard for wrongspeak?

what would you like to say?

you know what i think is funny. when all these conservatives and people scream about censorship. "wah wah i even got banned from my BANK for what i post on TWITTER! oh noooooes"

is that bad? yeah ok sure. but why do people like this feel the need to scream their politics and opinions at other groups of people over twitter, or general chat in a fucking video game, or even on these forums?
and if you do really feel the need to do it, then why are you surprised if other people don't like it and take it down?

stop feeling the need to express every single one of your opinions and political views on medias like this and you won't have a problem.
stop posting all your words and views on twitter and facebook cause of "mah free speech". if you do it just because you can, you're the dick.
Interesting, but not helpful.
"
HelicanV wrote:
Interesting, but not helpful.

ok this should be helpful. don't talk about it. there is no need to, not on here anyway.

im pretty sure theres already a thread about it in off-topic anyway so if you want to add something to it, go for it.

i don't advice talking about it on general chat while in game though. you've signed a terms of service. maybe give that a read.
though i don't advice talking on general chat at all
I’m on Blizzards side of that matter. Their game, their rules. Leave politics out of the game. It’s become a meme that most don’t even understand what they’re supporting and just attacking Blizz because ‘it’s the fun wagon’.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
I’m on Blizzards side of that matter. Their game, their rules. Leave politics out of the game. It’s become a meme that most don’t even understand what they’re supporting and just attacking Blizz because ‘it’s the fun wagon’.

ya see this is funny to me too. you're right a lot of people do just jump on the wagon without even knowing what they're supposedly supporting.

but its also just funny to me how people jump at the chance to scream outcry about other countries and nations and cultures and traditions. as though there isn't any problems in their own country, or state, or city, or even neighbourhood. nah - just get on twitter and scream at china. lol wut?
You have no right to play PoE, or post on these forums. It's their game. It's their forum. They can ban for no reason at all, or for what ever reason they want. If you want to keep playing their game, you need to play by their rules.
You're already censored. Any political talk gets you banned/muted/warned now. Sad days the west sells themselves to China for such a low sum
A little study of history will reveal what a delightful anomoly true free speech has been. What a powerful tool of oppression the censorship of free speech can be. How easily social progress can be halted by limiting the free flow of ideas and opinions.

New Zealand was one of the first places on the planet to allow women to study or hold political office. They have been leaders in environmental protection laws and other areas of 'social progress' for over a century: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU1809/S00279/new-zealand-places-10th-in-the-world-in-social-progress.htm

I can't imagine these advances for humanity were won with the 'their game, their rules' mentality, even though it is understandable.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

"

[You have earned +200 social credit!]

In all seriousness, the timing of the blanket ban of political chat both in general chat and in the Off Topic subforum is not a coincidence. Just lookup "June 4 1989". The ban went into effect on June 4 2019, on the exact 30th anniversary, because there is exactly one thing they wanted to avoid being discussed, and they knew disguising it as a blanket ban would be welcomed by the populace.

So, yes. Tencent is already exercising their ability to censor the forum. We have to either live with it or quit. This topic will probably also be locked.
Last edited by codetaku on Oct 19, 2019, 4:56:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info