Played since 2015, took a break, decided to check back in for this league, and am uninstalling.

FFS are there still ppl defending this garbage trading system? That's hillarious!!!
while the trade system is not great, i agree, i very rarely have the problem that noone responds as described in this forum frequently. i mostly use live search. that way you have a good chance that the item is still available and the seller is currently willing to trade.

and for currency trades: you know, you can just open a store yourself and let people come to you. want fusings for your chaos? set an exchange rate and there you go! also, you will realize why noone is responding. if you set an exchange rate that puts you on the top of the list, you'll get flooded by whispers it's not fun.

overall, i do quite a lot of trades each league and so far it's almost always been smooth.
"
K0rrupted wrote:
What the title says. Basically, I had played for years, and spent well over $100 on this game. I had some free time this league, so I decided to play around with a few characters. My first character, an EK Assassin, was a failure. So then I ran a Starforge Cyclone Slayer, and it was pretty fun (I like Cyclone).

But the consistent issue I have run into was trade. I don’t remember it ever being this bad. I had to message 20 people to buy a Belly. When I try to do currency trades, I sometimes never get a single response from anyone listed on Poe.trade. In the past, you’d get a good percentage (50-60ish, IIRC) of players being unresponsive, but it’s now over 90%.

I simply don’t have the patience to deal with this anymore. Especially given that I’d have to trade both for maps to clear the Atlas (which was my goal for this league), and to progress in terms of gear.

Will check back in 4.0. If they’ve improved things, I will buy more MTX.

I traded once for a map this league and it wasnt to fill my atlas (it was to do uber elder cause i didnt feel like waiting for the drop) and im 155/159 with all the others being uniques i need

I also only traded once for an item and that was my body armor that i didnt really need (i got a tab ;p)

But i do agree that trade is worse and it takes to long to buy things for some stuff
trade system works well, who is garbage are the people who use it, bad where? send msg, invite, trade! system works fine, the $#$@@$# who use it can't stop 5 seconds to respond, why do people complain? because 99% are.... and I'm sure the majority who complain are people who don't even respond when someone wants to buy something cheap .. at least answer the messages, is that too much to ask? maybe it's bunch of $#$###@
Last edited by trezorzetto on Oct 21, 2019, 8:07:30 PM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
and spent well over $100 on this game

And? How is this relevant to anything else you mentioned in your post?
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
cjimaras wrote:
FFS are there still ppl defending this garbage trading system? That's hillarious!!!

People will defend it until they are blue in the face. The most common derpy replies are...

1 - It will ruin the economy if it was easy. (LUL @ 200c Exalt prices)

2 - Game will be too easy if it was easy to trade. (Game isn't hard, it;s just annoying)

3 - (This is the best one) You won't get the amazing community interaction with an auction house. (Cause "TY" or "T4T" is amazing community interaction)

We'll never get an auction house because Chris Wilson is stick in some archaic mind set that bartering is good.

Oh well D4 announcement soon and Exile Con...see where people will be going.
Last edited by Biovital on Oct 22, 2019, 12:16:39 AM
how to fix price fixing:

if you list an item for a certain amount of currency the item gets locked in. you can always unlock it, but as soon as you lock it, other people can just buyout it instantly without any involvement of the seller.

the seller then gets the currency that is taken away from the buyer instantly delivered to a "remove only" tab.

for "asking prices" the seller could put in a hidden "lowest sell" and a "want to have" value.

buyer sees just want to have, but can try to go lower, if its over the minimum price the bet gets registered. auctions could last for 1 hour or something stacking up the bets placed and highest one gets it.

items should be locked in as soon as seller posts it, otherwise same as buyout.

i think this could get rid of price fixing as well as the whole afk shennanigans... but well, just an idea.
"
trezorzetto wrote:
trade system works well, who is garbage are the people who use it, bad where? send msg, invite, trade! system works fine, the $#$@@$# who use it can't stop 5 seconds to respond, why do people complain? because 99% are.... and I'm sure the majority who complain are people who don't even respond when someone wants to buy something cheap .. at least answer the messages, is that too much to ask? maybe it's bunch of $#$###@

Fully agreed. Still, as someone who does sell a lot of items, let me tell you this:
There are plenty instances where you cant answer trade requests for various reasons.

PoE today doesnt allow you to stand still and type something. You will die if you try. And at that point its not about the trade anymore. Its about 10% less XP vs a tiny bit currency - this is an obvious choice and you cant blame people for not wanting to lose their XP.

A potential solution Id love to see in this game at some point would be text macros. If someone hits you up "I want to buy XYZ", you as the seller can then press a button combo and automatically reply "Hey, Im busy right now, will PM you in a minute" or something to that effect.

Also I would love to see on trade sites what people are doing.
Like "Delve" or "Labyrinth" and so on. If I want to buy and I know beforehand, this guy is in lab right now, Id either be patient and wait for him or ask someone else if Im in a hurry.

Unfortunately most buyers are in a hurry.
They are not prepared to wait 1 or 2 minutes. Trust me, I lost plenty trades because I told the buyer he needs to wait for a moment. Its just a tiny minority that actually does wait, the vast majority will simply whisper someone else.

And this also adds a reason to NOT reply to trade requests, if you already know you cant do the trade right away and the buyer wont wait anyways.
So whats the point in replying then?

Its not just the seller behavior, its the buyers greed and unwillingness to wait too.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info