Played since 2015, took a break, decided to check back in for this league, and am uninstalling.

People claim "I'm forced to trade" because they blame others for their failings.
"
K0rrupted wrote:
I’d be happy with trading looking like it used to a few years back. Minor annoyances, but tolerable.

ok doki, but all that changed is some more fake sellers to ignore.

yes, ggg introduced more tech that people can't leave for trading. it's their way of slowly making trading more inefficient.

but it's pretty easy to lookup trading partners before messaging them with "/whois RedditIsAShittySite_AndYouKnowIt" to se if they're in their hideout.

there could be some overlay if you hover over the player's name but whatever...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
What is with people always swinging around their dick about how much money they spent on the game. It's not really relevant unless you are one of the very first big supporters.

I think the point is that they, a paying customer, are obviously unhappy about a specific element of the game that is lets face it pretty stupid.

I actually agree with their ideas about trade on the whole but the thing is what we currently have isn't that, what we have is a market strangled by obscurity, bots and RMT.

I went back to HC for this league and its been fantastic the difference in trade is really palpable, I may have to buy my gear off dan but I know he farms it at least ^^

Yeah pretty much. I’m not a big baller or anything, but my point is that my opinions are backed by dollars.

I appreciate the respondents who elucidated how I should handle the Atlas (without trading). I also appreciate the people who raised countervailing opinions on the trade system. I will say that I was aware of price fixers (courtesy of the PoE discord) and thus ignored lowballers.

The entire first page of Poe.trade for Belly listed it for 5c (minus lowballers.) I had to message 20 of them to buy one. I told people about this and they told me I was lucky, that sometimes they would send 50 messages for a purchase.

I did not have any such problems buying my Starforge. The 2nd person I messaged sold it.

I’ve talked to other people who have agreed with this, the problem seems to be that nobody wants to sell cheap gear even if it’s in their shop.
Why are you still worrying about this "problem" for a game you've quit?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Why are you still worrying about this "problem" for a game you've quit?

Did you read my post? I said I’d check back in 4.0 to see how things are going. I like PoE. It’s good fun aside from these inconveniences. Cyclone especially is fun.
"
K0rrupted wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
What is with people always swinging around their dick about how much money they spent on the game. It's not really relevant unless you are one of the very first big supporters.

I think the point is that they, a paying customer, are obviously unhappy about a specific element of the game that is lets face it pretty stupid.

I actually agree with their ideas about trade on the whole but the thing is what we currently have isn't that, what we have is a market strangled by obscurity, bots and RMT.

I went back to HC for this league and its been fantastic the difference in trade is really palpable, I may have to buy my gear off dan but I know he farms it at least ^^

Yeah pretty much. I’m not a big baller or anything, but my point is that my opinions are backed by dollars.

I appreciate the respondents who elucidated how I should handle the Atlas (without trading). I also appreciate the people who raised countervailing opinions on the trade system. I will say that I was aware of price fixers (courtesy of the PoE discord) and thus ignored lowballers.

The entire first page of Poe.trade for Belly listed it for 5c (minus lowballers.) I had to message 20 of them to buy one. I told people about this and they told me I was lucky, that sometimes they would send 50 messages for a purchase.

I did not have any such problems buying my Starforge. The 2nd person I messaged sold it.

I’ve talked to other people who have agreed with this, the problem seems to be that nobody wants to sell cheap gear even if it’s in their shop.

Rubbish. There is no way they messaged 50 individual players that were online for a Belly to get only one response. Hyperbole at best.

And to the OP, try filter your maps to be at least 0.5 chaos above the average price. If you're trying to buy the cheapest maps it will of course be slower.

There are sites now SPECIFIC for maps, and yes maps were the only annoying thing about trading and it's been solved.

What I do is just get the maps myself or buy them @ a mark up so you know they will respond. Also buy multiple maps from the same person, ask them if they are selling more from the tier etc.

Last edited by poeGT on Oct 19, 2019, 4:04:19 PM
"
Acolina87 wrote:
Wrong fucking league to come back to. This one is so fucking bad its insane.

I’m so glad we got to hear your entirely subjective opinion with no evidence to persuade someone else or change their mind. The world needs intellectuals like yourself... if it wants to continue to decline.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People claim "I'm forced to trade" because they blame others for their failings.

lolwot
"
Jerle wrote:
Trade works as long as you don’t always try to get the “cheapest” items on the list. 90% of the time they are there because of price fixing or they are players who couldn’t be arsed to sell those items in the first place.

This.
Once you've realized this, no more trade pains and heartaches.
You'll appreciate bots more, and have fun conversations with human traders.

Yup, trading has a lot to be desired.
But it doesn't have to be as painful as others have framed it to be.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
I used to hate trade but it is light years better than it used to be. The trick (if I may be so bold) is to look at POE as a single player game with the ability to trade. Think of trade as a bonus instead of as a necessary evil.

And as others have said, you should not be a cheap player...that will get you in a situation where people will not get back to you.

I used poetrade for years but now I prefer using the official POE trading site. Find folks who just listed stuff and if you have to pay a chaos more do it. Get the trade done. Never IMO respond to a seller who does not have a buyout price, and try to limit your trades to only important stuff.

Effective trading takes some practice, learn to use poeninja (the greatest site ever). This is largely a you issue - and I don't say that to be mean - it is the truth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info