It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

"
demon9675 wrote:
Since when, ever, ever has the argument “the change you proposed shouldn’t be a top priority for devs given their workload” stopped anyone in this forum from throwing out ideas?

The point is for people to give feedback, which often includes wants and desires. Like the OP, I want and desire gender options for the 7 selectable characters.

Maybe it’s not a priority and it’s certainly not more important than many more desperately needed changes/fixes. Maybe GGG already has this planned for 4.0 or maybe it will never happen. Still a reasonable thing to want and would improve the game.

Character customization, including gender customization, is fun. That’s it. Plus there may be industry research suggesting it generates revenue; who knows.

If gender selection had existed since the beginning there’d be no controversy. So is this really just an argument about GGG’s workload, which none of us are qualified to talk about? Or just an excuse to yell at each other because thats how one plays the forum game? I’m going with the latter in this case.

TYVM for your constructive feedback!

I'll be adding your post and several others to the OP soon so that people who do come to read it can see what other constructive users both for and against this topic have said without digging through pages of pointless troll posts.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 28, 2019, 2:27:54 AM
Who cares about this? This is dumb post. They dont do this cause you need to create new models and animations and ggg is not doing this cause they way is cheap content. In leagues they transfers monster model skeleton and modify monster color texture, not creating new one. Example monster model animation and sekleton of porcupine is in synthesis monsters, only texture is changed. Its a money problem, and is realy hard cause you need transfer other items positioning on model and its must be top quality model. Its funny, cause its 2020, have also around 10k hours played and i never think about gender in poe. Dont put some dumb gender politics in gamers world, they dont want this, they dont care about this.
"
greezly2 wrote:
Who cares about this? This is dumb post. They dont do this cause you need to create new models and animations and ggg is not doing this cause they way is cheap content. In leagues they transfers monster model skeleton and modify monster color texture, not creating new one. Example monster model animation and sekleton of porcupine is in synthesis monsters, only texture is changed. Its a money problem, and is realy hard cause you need transfer other items positioning on model and its must be top quality model. Its funny, cause its 2020, have also around 10k hours played and i never think about gender in poe. Dont put some dumb gender politics in gamers world, they dont want this, they dont care about this.

Gender politics is an entirely different topic, That argument will not work here.

The positioning of equipment and cosmetics can be easily achieved by using standard parameters from using the rigging from the shadow for the male witch or the witch for the female shadow if for some reason they decided these characters needed to be taller or shorter than the other, Female models do not necessarily need to be shorter either as people to tend to differ a great deal, I"m 6"3 and have met plenty of women taller than me its just not as common.

Here's to show you that NPC aren't necessarily not already built with rigging for equipment and other things. (do you think they rig every single piece of equipment on every new human monster every single time?) boy that does not sound like the GGG you described above lol.

Marauder (with hair) yeah hair
Spoiler

Marauder (with scare mask on)
Spoiler

here's some examples of already existing models in the game note that these are literally not whats listed above them but to indicate that they are similar and that as you stated GGG could simply recycle content as they have with even the main characters as seen above to accomplish this task:

Female Marauder
Spoiler

Female shadow
Spoiler

Female templar
Spoiler

Male witch
Spoiler

Male ranger
Spoiler

Sadly nothing that quite fits male scion here that i could find but you know what there's a lot of human NPC in the game.

I also have well over 10k hours played since 2013 and i think about the gender of my character a fair amount because what i am playing is not my ideal necromancer for most of my builds but this is especially apparent and present in my thoughts when my character yells or talks in general, while playing scion i often wish i could play a male version, Is this a big deal to me? Not really but it would be nice.

Anywho just because you don't care about this there are just as many if not more people who do care, I wouldn't want GGG to work on this and leave bigger problems to simply rot however that is why this is merely a suggestion for the future not some kind of demand or petition not that those work here anyway.

Thanks for your partly constructive feedback.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 28, 2019, 7:06:55 AM
Hi Exiles!

While we encourage community discussions please keep in mind that attacking other players is a breach of our Code of Conduct.

Please keep the comments civil and focusing on the topic of the thread itself, thanks!
The voice acting in dozens of different languages is a far greater undertaking than modeling and animation, so let's not understate how much work gender swapped classes would actually require by pointing at assets they already have.

We might see this in 4.0, because GGG has said for years that the 4.0 expansion is meant to compete with Diablo 4 and that's the kind of timeline getting all the new voice work done would require. But if not... eh, I still think it's a pretty silly thing to be concerned about.
"
The voice acting in dozens of different languages is a far greater undertaking than modeling and animation, so let's not understate how much work gender swapped classes would actually require by pointing at assets they already have.

We might see this in 4.0, because GGG has said for years that the 4.0 expansion is meant to compete with Diablo 4 and that's the kind of timeline getting all the new voice work done would require. But if not... eh, I still think it's a pretty silly thing to be concerned about.

Don't disagree, Honestly just hoping that they think about it, i would not anticipate it being added by 4.0 from what I've heard they are doing some pretty big changes like reworking the drop system which we all need them to get right and that is all on top of their aggressive release schedule.

It's not really a big deal to me if i have to play a female witch forever but it would be nice to have the option.

100% want them to prioritize other things before devoting valuable time and resources to character creation options so until a time comes where they could afford to invest in such a thing without making everyone mad I'll just try to collect some valuable feedback here :D

BTW i switched to french and russian but i could not get my character to say anything other than in english, Perhaps its only in the storyline stuff? shrug

On another note other games on steam for example sometimes utilize the steam workshop for community created assets and other things and perhaps GGG could make use of this in the future as i can almost guarantee with 100% certainty that this game would have a fair amount of artists jump out of the woodwork at a chance to get their work into POE, A lot of those people would likely work harder than people who do such a thing for a living for just that slim chance of something happening. (not saying the devs dont work hard) just that the levels of motivation and passion tend to be a bit extreme from fans sometimes.

anywho thx for your feedback :D
Innocence forgives you
Gender poltics is coming everywhere. If they make other character models, why there are not in game? You can also add 2d art every class/ascendancy. I also think that models you show are just static objects.
Spoiler

Also this Piety abomination quote after kilng her by marauder, she says:

"Kaom wasn't half the man that you are, Marauder"

And what your suggestion is for this? You need to understand that every class have own state in game. Now if you want new quote there, than find Piety voice actress and ask her to record new quote for female character OR hire new actress and record new voice for ENTIRE game.

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFLgcN-0NKc

And this is not only one thing and its more problems to solve when puttin models to the game. You say this operation is simple? THEY FIXING LEAGUE MECHANICS FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS!!
Last edited by greezly2 on Oct 29, 2019, 10:06:09 AM
"
greezly2 wrote:
Gender poltics is coming everywhere. If they make other character models, why there are not in game? You can also add 2d art every class/ascendancy. I also think that models you show are just static objects.
Spoiler

And what your suggestion is for this? You need to understand that every class have own state in game. Now if you want new quote there, than find Piety voice actress and ask her to record new quote for female character OR hire new actress and record new voice for ENTIRE game.

Spoiler

And this is not only one thing and its more problems to solve when puttin models to the game. You say this operation is simple? THEY FIXING LEAGUE MECHANICS FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS!!

Just to be clear this thread is not to Demand or Petition GGG to add this, Its a suggestion and if GGG never adds this stuff i'll still be playing just the same.

Gender Politics? cmon lol this is about immersion more than anything I'm not upset that can't play a male witch, I just wish i could.

The "simply" comment was on rigging a skeleton to a mesh not everything in its entirety :P and depending on the methods they used it could actually get quite complicated yes.

On the voice lines yeah you have a valid point that would be in some circumstances difficult to navigate but if this game intends to go for the long haul instead of making a POE2 i don't see why it would not be worth at least thinking about it.

Anywho this thread isn't about how hard it would be or if they can accomplish it but more to gather input on if people would or would not like to see it and why.

Not saying you should not post your concerns tho! but that is mostly something GGG has to worry about and decide if its worth their time or not, the part that is up to us is if we tell them we do or do not want it.

So if you cast aside all that stuff in your post for just a moment, Would you like to see it or not?

Thanks for the input.

Innocence forgives you
"
"
greezly2 wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Just to be clear this thread is not to Demand or Petition GGG to add this, Its a suggestion and if GGG never adds this stuff i'll still be playing just the same.

Gender Politics? cmon lol this is about immersion more than anything I'm not upset that can't play a male witch, I just wish i could.

The "simply" comment was on rigging a skeleton to a mesh not everything in its entirety :P and depending on the methods they used it could actually get quite complicated yes.

On the voice lines yeah you have a valid point that would be in some circumstances difficult to navigate but if this game intends to go for the long haul instead of making a POE2 i don't see why it would not be worth at least thinking about it.

Anywho this thread isn't about how hard it would be or if they can accomplish it but more to gather input on if people would or would not like to see it and why.

Not saying you should not post your concerns tho! but that is mostly something GGG has to worry about and decide if its worth their time or not, the part that is up to us is if we tell them we do or do not want it.

So if you cast aside all that stuff in your post for just a moment, Would you like to see it or not?

Thanks for the input.

It's not like I hate your idea, it can be. But for GGG its time investing and they cannot fix things for long time and i dont belive they do male/female characters for each class, its just surreal thing for me. I better like to they do some other things more important, like game performance. Same thing is in diablo 2 that every class have attached gender, and i cannot imagine that can be otherwise. Paladin cannot be female cause its a knight, Amazon cannot be a male character and so on.

One important thing, no one force you to play example spectres necro build, instead you can make spectres guardian. You can use pledge of hands which have 7-link +100% inc mana which have great defensive and offensive for guardian.I am talking about slave drivers ofc ^^

I watch many tv shows and 70% of them have gays and lesbian i dont care about them but dont put this in my life be cause i am hetero and i dont want this in my favorite movie. They doing this cause is "fashionable". Its a matter of time they do this in games and i belive is already happening in some games.

Btw sorry for my english.
Last edited by greezly2 on Oct 29, 2019, 12:51:22 PM
It's a very good idea, I always thought of it, of course it's first for the immersion of being a wizard and not a witch or being a male ranger but when I see the females marauder or shadow that silentsymphony posted a few posts ago, I must say that whaou they are beautiful, it can be nice for immersion and for the lore, to change and make females depending on the type of gameplay and skills.
Gender politics fight arguments are incomprehensible here,and these are omg video game developers, if they are not able to do that wtf. Poe is one of the most famous free to play, the game who killed d3, are they still poor guys in a garage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info