[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"

Edit: also I've been wondering if the aoe part of fearsome force works on MI detonations for a while. It seems like it should, but I have not tested it. Let me know if you decide to investigate!

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/pathofexile_gamepedia/images/6/69/Transparent_Distance_Visualizer_1920x1080.png/revision/latest?cb=20161130143626

PoB says MI goes from a radius of 22 to 27 with the aoe nodes. Flesh and Stone has a radius of 28 for in game visual reference.
This build has been pretty great so far. Very tanky and easy to play. I have just gotten into t13s and 14s now and kind of ran into some trouble with incursions. I feel like my damage and clear is not enough to clear the incursion fully. I still haven't gotten my circles of guilt or the cluster jewels, so I know I will get some damage there. Is there anything else I am missing that can help with the damage?

Thanks again for the build!
"
vvizard wrote:
This build has been pretty great so far. Very tanky and easy to play. I have just gotten into t13s and 14s now and kind of ran into some trouble with incursions. I feel like my damage and clear is not enough to clear the incursion fully. I still haven't gotten my circles of guilt or the cluster jewels, so I know I will get some damage there. Is there anything else I am missing that can help with the damage?

I can do a much better job of analyzing your build if you export me a PoB, but from what I can see on your character sheet your 2 main missing damage sources are the Circle of Guilt ring as you mentioned, and your jewels should have minion life as well as "minions deal xx% damage if you have used a minion skill recently". Assuming 18% per jewel, that's an extra 90% increased damage for both Zombies and HoP. That mod is also why we run convocation, incidentally!

The other thing to think about is playstyle. Our damage increases massively if we can hit a rare/unique, so always be hunting for them, and camp on them as long as you can for max HoP benefit. I'll post a video of high level incursions for reference over the weekend.
"
"
vvizard wrote:

I can do a much better job of analyzing your build if you export me a PoB, but from what I can see on your character sheet your 2 main missing damage sources are the Circle of Guilt ring as you mentioned, and your jewels should have minion life as well as "minions deal xx% damage if you have used a minion skill recently". Assuming 18% per jewel, that's an extra 90% increased damage for both Zombies and HoP. That mod is also why we run convocation, incidentally!

The other thing to think about is playstyle. Our damage increases massively if we can hit a rare/unique, so always be hunting for them, and camp on them as long as you can for max HoP benefit. I'll post a video of high level incursions for reference over the weekend.

Thank you for the quick reply! Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/77Fy4QZe.
I did forget about the "minions deal damage if you used a minion skill recently" on jewels. I think that would help a lot while saving up to get the circles of guilt.
"
vvizard wrote:
"
"
vvizard wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply! Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/77Fy4QZe.
I did forget about the "minions deal damage if you used a minion skill recently" on jewels. I think that would help a lot while saving up to get the circles of guilt.
What you might consider is splitting the difference and getting one cheap Circle of Guilt with Sentinal Damage and % physical damage reduction rolls, while you save up for the 2x damage/mana reservation rings. you could even do 2x of these rings, although without running purity of ice/lightning you will probably find it hard to cap res without at least one rare ring.
Well,
First of all, thank you for your build idea. I really enjoyed it, and I wanted to league start with it.
It was quitte a mess, on the first day, those "required items" are a bit expensive. But after all, I have success to buy them all. With my friend, we off colored the armor and 6L it, it was a good tank point (gained around 15000 armor).

But now I'm A3, and I feel like the build is going to weaken. AL-Hezmin and the others take 8 min to kill.
Could you explain to me what am I doing wrong or what I could change / upgrade to have more "monotarget damage".
PS: I still havn't drop an EX yet
Here is my POB : https://pastebin.com/4hswhQus

Thank in advance!
Peace !
Last edited by tag94360 on Jan 23, 2021, 9:05:21 AM
"
tag94360 wrote:
Well,
First of all, thank you for your build idea. I really enjoyed it, and I wanted to league start with it.
It was quitte a mess, on the first day, those "required items" are a bit expensive. But after all, I have success to buy them all. With my friend, we off colored the armor and 6L it, it was a good tank point (gained around 15000 armor).

But now I'm A3, and I feel like the build is going to weaken. AL-Hezmin and the others take 8 min to kill.
Could you explain to me what am I doing wrong or what I could change / upgrade to have more "monotarget damage".

Thank in advance!
Peace !
Glad you are liking the build! I see a couple things you can improve on, but one issue is by far the most important...like about 80% of the damage gap: your helmet. At bare minimum, you need to have an elder helmet with minion life and minion damage support. Here is the one I'm using in the current league: picked it up for 5c, and this will carry me into endgame.

For max damage, you also want the 30% more elemental damage affix, as shown here from my char last league:

On top of not having any of these affixes, your HoP gem is lvl 13. In any kind of endgame content you want at least a lvl 20, preferably a lvl 21 HoP gem, because of how crazy the Sentinal's life scales with gem level. Get a max lvl HoP gem and a minion life/minion damage helmet, and your boss damage will quadruple!

Now for all the other stuff. Circle of guilt rings with sentinal damage affixes are insane, and I highly recommend getting at least one, and ideally 2 of them. You also should have both "Minion Life" and Minion Damage when use a minion skill" rolls on all 5 of your abyss jewels. You also should craft the minion life and minion damage hybrid mod on to your claw. Getting those things will roughly double your boss damage again!

To put this all in context: a single explosion of your HoP minion is hitting right now for 48k. A single explosion of my HoP minion from my char last league was hitting for 950k. This is where all your boss damage comes from, so it makes sense you are feeling it on boss fights right now. I hope this helps!
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Jan 24, 2021, 12:02:48 AM

Working on it, still need a few things, better gems, jewels and so on.
Was thinking of an AG but not sure how to gear him.

And after 20+ shields still no +aura gems.

And this is the first time i try this build and i like it. usualy do the regular summoner/golemancer.

And for the Blighted map thing, i have done t15. and just build scout towers and slow tower and is ok.. well if you get a crappy layout with no towers near the center it sucks.:P

GLHF :)
"
"
tag94360 wrote:
Well,

Thank in advance!
Peace !
Glad you are liking the build! I see a couple things you can improve on, but one issue is by far the most important...like about 80% of the damage gap: your helmet. At bare minimum, you need to have an elder helmet with minion life and minion damage support. Here is the one I'm using in the current league: picked it up for 5c, and this will carry me into endgame.

For max damage, you also want the 30% more elemental damage affix, as shown here from my char last league:

On top of not having any of these affixes, your HoP gem is lvl 13. In any kind of endgame content you want at least a lvl 20, preferably a lvl 21 HoP gem, because of how crazy the Sentinal's life scales with gem level. Get a max lvl HoP gem and a minion life/minion damage helmet, and your boss damage will quadruple!

Now for all the other stuff. Circle of guilt rings with sentinal damage affixes are insane, and I highly recommend getting at least one, and ideally 2 of them. You also should have both "Minion Life" and Minion Damage when use a minion skill" rolls on all 5 of your abyss jewels. You also should craft the minion life and minion damage hybrid mod on to your claw. Getting those things will roughly double your boss damage again!

To put this all in context: a single explosion of your HoP minion is hitting right now for 48k. A single explosion of my HoP minion from my char last league was hitting for 950k. This is where all your boss damage comes from, so it makes sense you are feeling it on boss fights right now. I hope this helps!

I have adjusted my build with your advices.
It now work really better ! Just down my first Sirus A5.

I'll keep updating you !
Thx for everything !
"
Scandinavica wrote:

Working on it, still need a few things, better gems, jewels and so on.
Was thinking of an AG but not sure how to gear him.

And after 20+ shields still no +aura gems.

And this is the first time i try this build and i like it. usualy do the regular summoner/golemancer.

And for the Blighted map thing, i have done t15. and just build scout towers and slow tower and is ok.. well if you get a crappy layout with no towers near the center it sucks.:P

GLHF :)
Glad you are liking it! I am a bit jealous of your Aul's Uprising...prices are insane so far this league so it will probably be a while until I save up for my own. Thanks for the feedback on blighted maps too; it's difficult for me to test the build in all content so this kind of information is really valuable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info