Blight Statistics: More Information about the Oil Use

why would we need statistics on oils at all, especially while other stats (like blighted maps drop rate) would make much more sense and remain un-addressed..
Level 94.
Shaper and Elder down.
152/159, 7 Unique maps left for Atlas completion.
7 Blighted maps have dropped to date.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
allanw wrote:
The maps drop like crazy now after the last patch a few days ago.
Prices for maps have dropped 20-40%

I have been chaining T13+ since last week, not 1 blighted map has dropped.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
It's good to know someone found a blighted map last week : )
not my favourite league.

why should i use oils to make blighted maps even harder (i accidentally did) and basically waste them?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Dex8172 wrote:
One funny statistics would be the number of golden oils used per SSF character. I predict the number is between 0 and 0.001. :D

I mean, I played this league more than any before, playing 5 characters (3 being level 95+), and I made 1 lousy golden oil, after spending 80% of all other oils on 3-1 upgrades. I will have to use it probably on challenge completion, leaving all my characters with mid-tier amulet anointments.

I loved this league in general, but the decision to make top oils so extremely rare is one of the dumbest I witnessed from you guys.

I agree with this, for SSF the Blighted maps are too rare and the high end oils are far too few to enjoy the league content. Chests have far too many completely useless rares plus currency and junk from other leagues and not enough from this league. I'm playing this league for the oils rather than making permanent progress in Standard where I can get all the other junk anyway.

I haven't even managed to afford a worthwhile enchantment for my amulet. I'm a slower player and only play a few hours a day but have reached level 93 and flipped all my gems and nearly completed my Zana quests.
wow nice stats.

I really hope this mechanic stays. The economy additions due to rarity of blight maps has been nice. Making every map that drops worthwhile.
Also it's not invasive to gameplay (except those times you accidentally find your Abyss running past Cassia and you click by mistake, fun times).

I find myself really enjoying even the simple random map blights too.
"
ShiftState wrote:
I completely agree with the above. I have only had 1 map drop ever. I have ran 2 total. Lost both times due to there being no sufficient way to practice how overwhelming a 3 oil map can be if you are unprepared. Not to mention, when you fail you don't get any award for the defeated lanes like you do when you run it in maps. That feels like a big FU. It seems a bit odd to me to have such a huge difference going from 4 lanes to a 20 lane blighted map. Not a smooth transition. I feel punished for experimenting. Already have had to change my build once that cost me over 60 regrets because it didn't handle the league well. This league feels unforgiving for anyone who doesn't make it to lvl 100. Many of the challenges feel out of reach. But, to put perspective on it all I have personally never even ran a RED map and don't have a character over 90 so what do I know... But I have been a loyal player on and off for 6 years.

What in God’s name are you saying?

1) open you account I bet your build is hipster and doesn’t clear good if you think blight content is hard. A 5c build or a 4L icicle miner can fill clear t15 blighted maps while sleeping. It’s cool to make your own build but if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work.

2) you want loot? Finish the encounters. You should not get rewards for failures and you still get some of the drop for the pump.

3) experimenting is cool but if it sucks it sucks. Move on or optimize it.

4) league is quite easy to get to 100 following the conventional methods. Nothing has changed.

5) challenges are definitely not out of reach. This leagues challengers are probably some of the easiest.

6) you’re still in yellow maps and a loyal player for years?????? I don’t even know what that means. Sounds like you don’t play much but complain about a lot of stuff.
\]
Last edited by cheelos on Oct 15, 2019, 11:46:28 AM
weird how all these people bitching about bad drop rates don't play much.
Yeet Yote Yate

I think this is the first league where you have shot theme over. I've got 4 blight maps so far I'm almost lvl 94. The oil is just Useless lying around in the bank and taking a seat. Because his amulets and rings are not upgraded after each map. In Legion you could use the splinter least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info