Blight Statistics: More Information about the Oil Use

One funny statistics would be the number of golden oils used per SSF character. I predict the number is between 0 and 0.001. :D

I mean, I played this league more than any before, playing 5 characters (3 being level 95+), and I made 1 lousy golden oil, after spending 80% of all other oils on 3-1 upgrades. I will have to use it probably on challenge completion, leaving all my characters with mid-tier amulet anointments.

I loved this league in general, but the decision to make top oils so extremely rare is one of the dumbest I witnessed from you guys.
You can all talk as much as you want, it may be a general opinion or not, but only GGG knows the overall statistics and numbers after all. Numbers which you don't have access to, cannot even "presume", can only try to guess but it's still a guess. If they are still selling, if they are still floating, nothing will change. Never. Cause you know what drives these big-ass decisions? Not a single post you're writing, but the numbers that could be linked to these. I still doubt people are quitting that much to determine them from updating and fixing all the stuff you guys want to.
I am still grateful for all the beautiful content that GGG has come up with for the past few years, don't get me wrong, I just think they're somehow trying to balance numbers with the community voices.
Anyway, interesting statistics, nothing that I wasn't expecting tbh.
Too much oil. US army will invade path of exile.
Taking this as a chance to voice a request regarding the accessability to the league mechanics.

The improvment in locking Blighted maps to white/yellow/red Tier was much needed, but the next needed change is a guaranteed Oil chest in blighted encounters with 6-8 lanes.

I'm running T16 over and over and find a Oil chest every 8-10 maps? That's too little provided the drop rate of Blighted maps and high tier oils from such Oil chests.

I'm not advertising buffing all nmbers, but a garanteed Oil chest in 6-8 Blight lanes would be a good start.
I still havent used an oil.

No blighted maps have dropped for me of a tier worth doing. I can complete t16+ content, thats pretty easy, even if I have barely had time this league to actually grind that many maps. I'm not sure I'd do blighted maps if they actually started dropping, it seems like group content and my friends all quit this league long ago.

Havent anointed my amulet, even though its a build-enabling unique that I wont replace. Not enough oils of enough rarity have dropped for me to get the anointment I have known I wanted since day 1. I supposed I could easily go buy the oils I want, since I have made 10x the value of a golden oil this league, but at this rate I doubt it will ever happen naturally.

Havent anointed my rings, since I've been saving oils for my amulet.

Put that in your statistics. Your mechanic is far too inaccessible for anyone who doesnt treat this game as a job (as usual).
Last edited by urza1234 on Oct 14, 2019, 11:34:54 AM
Interesting info on oils, but Blight didn't feel like the tower defence had very much strategy. Also lacked an end game. I don't think oil use statistics are that relevant.
Cassia needed WAY more voice lines and you know it!
People are MIRRORING MAPS FFS.

MIRRORING.

MAPS.

Granted they're just duping them with Fractured Fossils as opposed to using actual mirrors, but still.

This is nuts. Loosen your stingy-ass grip so we can actually play the damn game.
"
Next week we'll talk about Blight challenges and look at a breakdown of Ascendancy classes chosen by our players in this league.
I just wanna see the comments about why Saboteurs and Assassins combined aren't even close to the number of Necromancers this league, despite all 3 got reworks / buffs.

Basically same story every league, last season was Berserker rework bad? Nope, it was great. Yet everyone played Slayer.

Guess next season everyone's gonna play either Deadeye or Raider, depending who gets bigger buffs, with the second one hovering sub 10% despite being nearly as good as the 1st one.

I wonder if I'll ever see a league where everyone doesn't pile on the same bandwagon. I really expected more even spread when we got 3 reworks and 3 completely different classes / playstyles (contrary to league of cyclone last time). I'm more disappointed at the community than GGG here, since the options were there.
League mechanic is boring. You get monsters coming at you slowly and you spent most of the time waiting for them to approach. There should be a speedup button at least.

Blighted maps are a lot more interesting but as everyone else has said the drop rate is very low. They can be quite rewarding so I guess it's understandable but still it makes the game mechanic much less interesting if all you do is normal blight encounters.

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Next week we'll talk about Blight challenges and look at a breakdown of Ascendancy classes chosen by our players in this league.
I just wanna see the comments about why Saboteurs and Assassins combined aren't even close to the number of Necromancers this league, despite all 3 got reworks / buffs.

Basically same story every league, last season was Berserker rework bad? Nope, it was great. Yet everyone played Slayer.

Guess next season everyone's gonna play either Deadeye or Raider, depending who gets bigger buffs, with the second one hovering sub 10% despite being nearly as good as the 1st one.

I wonder if I'll ever see a league where everyone doesn't pile on the same bandwagon. I really expected more even spread when we got 3 reworks and 3 completely different classes / playstyles (contrary to league of cyclone last time). I'm more disappointed at the community than GGG here, since the options were there.

Maybe people just don't like them. I don't like poison (didn't play poison arrow back in the day when everyone was using it) and I dislike assassins which are 99% of the time glass canons.
I didn't like the old mines either. GC mine was very popular but I never played it. I do have a couple of trappers though so maybe the new mines which can be throws are better. I much prefer a summoner though. It has a lot more variety in how you develop the build. So maybe it is intrinsically better in the end.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Oct 14, 2019, 2:53:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info