instead of 3.9 bow rework we should get a 3.9 melee rework 2.0

Melee still sucks and it need rework wayyyyy more than opi op 1500 life 4 screens 1 shot clear 500 ms bows.

So why don t we have another melee rework?

Last work on it was less than perfect and melee is such a clusterfuck it would need at least 2 leagues focused on melee rework.

we are not forgetting how the melee changes were...so why is GGG not working on another melee league to "perfect" it?

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 18, 2019, 11:15:15 AM
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2019, 3:57:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
While I agree that melee still needs work. We probably won't see anything until 4.0. Though I will say that honestly I am not very confident that melee will ever get the real work it needs. This game left melee behind a long time ago and I'm not sure GGG realize that.
The problem with melee is the game. Characters have become to powerful to bother with things like selecting a target. The only fix for melee is a new game. 4.0 might be that game, but I doubt it.
i feel like melee was kind of fine until the melee rework. i cant think of a single thing with the melee tag that is better now than it has been at some point in the past. the only skill that seemed to get better after the rework was cyclone, and it still wasnt as good as it was back when u could short spam it and its since been nerfed anyway.

as far as i could tell every other melee skill in the game essentially got nerfed, pretty hard nerfed in most cases. I tried putting an old sunder character back together a few weeks ago and it was just unplayable, so ridiculously slow it was basically just earthquake, except a shit version of earthquake that doesnt have the aoe and now managed to cancel itself going off half the time.

garbage.

if they reversed that whole thing it would be a giant buff to melee, if this is what melee was all along and the new version was how it was before the 'fix' people would have rejoiced and then said actually, a lot of its probably overpowered. the big melee fix part 2 is basically just change everything back to how it was before, that would be a gigantic buff.

they just tried to solve something that really didnt need solved and convinced themselves the problem was fluidity etc... ok the people talking about that are just noobs who never get to endgame and the majority of melee sucks people are talking about deep endgame builds, they destroyed deep endgame melee to try and make it feel better on a lvl20 character for charan, thats basically what happened.

the epic fails.
no
A casual gamer
"i feel like melee was kind of fine until the melee rework. i cant think of a single thing with the melee tag that is better now than it has been at some point in the past"
true... but melee is fine, people just need learn how make strong builds, i have champion/ from delve league (along time ago) and i can use any melee skill, on fact, my first caracter (Berserker still good) ....so no, stop crying and go make a better build...
You want to clear screens with melee? Buff up your heralds. Isn't that what the ranged classes do anyhow?

Also, lightning wildstrike or frost blades.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The problem with melee is the game. Characters have become to powerful to bother with things like selecting a target. The only fix for melee is a new game. 4.0 might be that game, but I doubt it.

overall? Yes but it doesn't change that the melee patch made a variety of melee skills worse. While a full rework is probably necessary they could at least make them less bad lets say.

All you have to do is take a character out on the beach and use lightning strike to see how noticeable it is, the animation change just feels awful (compare it to frostblades which didn't get the changes)
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Oct 13, 2019, 12:54:24 PM
Naw we need a bow rework. Stuff like Frost Arrow, Scourge Arrow and Tornado Shot just aren't powerful enough yet.
Last edited by Biovital on Oct 13, 2019, 12:57:46 PM
"
What about wands? Every time I want to make a wand character, I look up what skills there are. Then I close it and forget about those maybe 5 skills that exist.

Same.

My first attempt was a power siphon wander, thinking that the projectiles home in on targets. Seemed lucrative, more interesting than chain...

Nope, not unless it's the vaal skill. Then read up on everything and learned the only viable skill is barrage and KB. 'Tis life.

Would love to see a league dedicated to fleshing out every support gem, including melee support gems, and perhaps adding things like homing missiles and mid-flight explosions like KB explosions or perhaps Scourge Arrow's pods. Also, that melee skill with the chain grab was something neat, I think melee should go more in that direction.
KenMan
Last edited by Grimreapin on Oct 13, 2019, 1:04:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info