Delve.... WTF? Explain this to me please!

"
FedeS wrote:
Are those depths good for profit?

Or is it just to get the record?

Just for the ePeen. There's no profitable reason to go beyond where Aul starts to show up (if it's even worth going to his depth).
At that point you pretty much can't mitigate anything. You have to one shot your enemies or they one shot you, thus the value of all dodge to hits/spells etc increases. At least that's how I understand it atm.
Last edited by poeGT on Oct 14, 2019, 3:35:57 AM
"
FedeS wrote:

A screenshot I've seen here some days ago:
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by FedeS on Oct 15, 2019, 6:14:31 AM
That's a lot of sweet nodes right there Pog
So that's where the fossils are at now -_-
I dont think there is actually any difference between 3,000 and 15,000. If you get touched you die, and hp on mobs is the same, so... Its just managing sulphite to keep delving, and persistence.
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You kill stuff before it can react to you. They never stand a chance.

Yup kill fast without being killed. 2019 GGG´s balance
Btw it´s not SSF

Hey man this is what happens with infinite difficulty.

I've been against this since greater rifts in D3. Infinite difficulty literally means only 1 build can prevail, and everything else is shaved off as it gets harder and harder.

Delve is slightly different in that delve isn't *the* endgame and (citation needed) I believe rewards are capped after a bit, so it's more for bragging rights then anything.

However, take a look at legion's timeless domain. While not exactly a copy of greater rifts or delve, it had the 'infinite' component, and that combined with ever increasing rewards meant almost everyone who wasn't running (instead of 1 build, in this case 1 item ) a headhunter was left out of the top tier rewards.

Hopefully there's never another system that mimics these two types of arpg 'traps'. I'm right there with others who want harder difficulty in poe, but there has to be a cap on the utmost hardest content - and then you balance from there backwards.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You kill stuff before it can react to you. They never stand a chance.

Yup kill fast without being killed. 2019 GGG´s balance
Btw it´s not SSF

Hey man this is what happens with infinite difficulty.

I've been against this since greater rifts in D3. Infinite difficulty literally means only 1 build can prevail, and everything else is shaved off as it gets harder and harder.

Delve is slightly different in that delve isn't *the* endgame and (citation needed) I believe rewards are capped after a bit, so it's more for bragging rights then anything.

However, take a look at legion's timeless domain. While not exactly a copy of greater rifts or delve, it had the 'infinite' component, and that combined with ever increasing rewards meant almost everyone who wasn't running (instead of 1 build, in this case 1 item ) a headhunter was left out of the top tier rewards.

Hopefully there's never another system that mimics these two types of arpg 'traps'. I'm right there with others who want harder difficulty in poe, but there has to be a cap on the utmost hardest content - and then you balance from there backwards.

The real problem isn't infinite difficulty though, it's just how games do it. Games always just continuously scale up monster life and damage. They could make it harder in other ways that don't automatically make it undoable for lesser builds.

Like making it rotate giving monsters boosts to tons of different base stats at thresholds, or giving them new attacks.

Like you just hit "x" depth, monsters attack a little faster. You hit "x+50" depth, this monster just got a secondary effect added on to it's attack. You hit "x+100" depth, demons can now spawn with the normal enemies.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
If you look up any super deep delver build they are all pretty much the same.

CI with 300 ish total ES and everything possible specced to damage. Its a one shot fest both ways. I think they also spec into some dodge/evade as well if not capping them.

Dan has been delving in HC at ~1400+ depth recently, and that's definitely not how he does it.

There are several ways, although for 10k+ ? Destroying everything with absurd dps is probably the only way I guess.
It's like the ONLY case where having stupidly ginormous dps makes any sense and make the game any interesting at all.

"
Asmosis wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:

Just for the ePeen. There's no profitable reason to go beyond where Aul starts to show up (if it's even worth going to his depth).

There is, the amount of loot and good nodes.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info