[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

I am really intrigued by this. I started liking guardian after playing a dominating blow build for a bit and i think i might roll a Hoag this league(or maybe next league as a starter). I just wonder about the clear.

I have heard it is not a fast clearer and that is fine but i wonder how slow the clear really is and how it feels? Is it clunky at points because of HoAG AI? Does it leave stragglers a lot because of the lack of projectiles/aoe?

Does anybody have videos of just clearing normals maps with it? I saw the delirium map clears and that looks about fine(for the budget) so i dont mind those maps being a bit slower. But if the mapping feels awful at times or at certain layouts i might just roll it as a secondary boss killing char
"
BammLee wrote:
I am really intrigued by this. I started liking guardian after playing a dominating blow build for a bit and i think i might roll a Hoag this league(or maybe next league as a starter). I just wonder about the clear.

I have heard it is not a fast clearer and that is fine but i wonder how slow the clear really is and how it feels? Is it clunky at points because of HoAG AI? Does it leave stragglers a lot because of the lack of projectiles/aoe?

Does anybody have videos of just clearing normals maps with it? I saw the delirium map clears and that looks about fine(for the budget) so i dont mind those maps being a bit slower. But if the mapping feels awful at times or at certain layouts i might just roll it as a secondary boss killing char
I don't have a vid, recording on triple monitor is quite the challenge, however, I can assure you it's not *slow*. It's certainly not as fast as the crazy meta builds - bleed bow gladiator, that can clear 2 screens with a single shot, and runs wicked fast? Not going to compare. On the other hand, this is a minion build, so the minion AI takes care of stragglers. And despite the fact that our spectres are theoretically just walking, taunting shields, they still do enough damage to pound regular mobs into a fine paste. (I'm using Primal Crushclaws tho, not Stoneskin Flayers.)

I'm running 30% movespeed boots, I have a speedflask & speed affix flasks up 100% of the time, I need to stop to hit ball lightning and every 2-3 casts of that I also use convocation. That still lets me clear maps pretty fast, especially if they are open areas.

Furthermore, with Rituals, all the Maven added bits, Conqueror adds, Atlas point add-ons, Sirus encounters in maps, etc, etc, I have better luck with this than I did my zoom-zoom league starter.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Feb 3, 2021, 4:37:15 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
BammLee wrote:

I don't have a vid, recording on triple monitor is quite the challenge, however, I can assure you it's not *slow*. It's certainly not as fast as the crazy meta builds - bleed bow gladiator, that can clear 2 screens with a single shot, and runs wicked fast? Not going to compare. On the other hand, this is a minion build, so the minion AI takes care of stragglers. And despite the fact that our spectres are theoretically just walking, taunting shields, they still do enough damage to pound regular mobs into a fine paste. (I'm using Primal Crushclaws tho, not Stoneskin Flayers.)

I'm running 30% movespeed boots, I have a speedflask & speed affix flasks up 100% of the time, I need to stop to hit ball lightning and every 2-3 casts of that I also use convocation. That still lets me clear maps pretty fast, especially if they are open areas.

Furthermore, with Rituals, all the Maven added bits, Conqueror adds, Atlas point add-ons, Sirus encounters in maps, etc, etc, I have better luck with this than I did my zoom-zoom league starter.

ah yeah i have tested it a little bit(with some basic gears) as well. Seems to be surprisingly good for open maps although narrow maps are a little bit annoying if i dont use my convocation properly. But clear speed should be okay for the most part.

I do have some other questions though regarding the build. Why dont we convert the Heralds damage to cold via triad grip if we are making use of EE to increase our elemental damage? Sacrificng some survivability for a good amount of damage? Is it not worth it?

Also, why do we skip any kind of fortify?(unless i oversaw it)
Last edited by BammLee on Feb 3, 2021, 6:53:46 PM
"
BammLee wrote:

ah yeah i have tested it a little bit(with some basic gears) as well. Seems to be surprisingly good for open maps although narrow maps are a little bit annoying if i dont use my convocation properly. But clear speed should be okay for the most part.

I do have some other questions though regarding the build. Why dont we convert the Heralds damage to cold via triad grip if we are making use of EE to increase our elemental damage? Sacrificng some survivability for a good amount of damage? Is it not worth it?

IMO, mostly this comes down to sockets. We're absolutely socket starved. We need gloves with either faster casting or poison on hit, so we can keep our virulence numbers near max for decent DPS numbers. In theory, we could try to find another slot for Flame Dash, or run without a movement skill altogether, then we could put ball lighting, spell echo, faster casting, and poison in the gloves.

Fortify is really useful, but it's tough to implement. The skill gem only works with attacks, and we don't have any. Many builds link it with whirling blades as a movement skill, but that requires a dagger / sword / not-the-wand. You can get it on an animated guardian using Kingmaker, but without minion life support, it's going to be squishy and expensive to replace. Typically builds put it in a helm with socketed gems are supported by minion life mods, but we're using Memory Vault, so that route would eat a minimum of 2 sockets on a build already starved for sockets.

If you can wrangle a way to fit either - or both - I'd love to hear about it. Personally I've been trying to PoB myself into being able to run Skitterbots on top of HoAG, Discipline, and Hatred.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Feb 3, 2021, 8:59:50 PM
"
Shadowtitan wrote:
Sirus Awakening 9 fight:

https://youtu.be/xn550-c-Hvg

Hello, can you share your pob? do you exchange gems at some point? do you have any details that you can pass on more about the build?
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
BammLee wrote:

IMO, mostly this comes down to sockets. We're absolutely socket starved. We need gloves with either faster casting or poison on hit, so we can keep our virulence numbers near max for decent DPS numbers. In theory, we could try to find another slot for Flame Dash, or run without a movement skill altogether, then we could put ball lighting, spell echo, faster casting, and poison in the gloves.

Fortify is really useful, but it's tough to implement. The skill gem only works with attacks, and we don't have any. Many builds link it with whirling blades as a movement skill, but that requires a dagger / sword / not-the-wand. You can get it on an animated guardian using Kingmaker, but without minion life support, it's going to be squishy and expensive to replace. Typically builds put it in a helm with socketed gems are supported by minion life mods, but we're using Memory Vault, so that route would eat a minimum of 2 sockets on a build already starved for sockets.

If you can wrangle a way to fit either - or both - I'd love to hear about it. Personally I've been trying to PoB myself into being able to run Skitterbots on top of HoAG, Discipline, and Hatred.

What i saw some guy was go for cyclone and cwc ball lightning with poison gloves and fortify. But i am not sure if he can maintain the stacks properly(but i would assume so) and whether it is beneficial to go melee instead of staying on range without fortify. Guess it is worth testing
"
Alspher wrote:
"
Shadowtitan wrote:
Sirus Awakening 9 fight:

https://youtu.be/xn550-c-Hvg

Hello, can you share your pob? do you exchange gems at some point? do you have any details that you can pass on more about the build?

https://pastebin.com/Gcgs8mBD
Just change pierce to vicious projectiles for bossing.
Thanks for the guide. Made a few changes for ritual. Went with glancing blows. Couldn't achieve brain dead mapping/bossing without max spell block. Used a Recover #% ES shield (when i have more currency, will get one with #% spell block).
for max 4 spectre, would use either:
1) lvl 21 raise spectre + lvl 4 empower and +1 minion skills on wand
2) lvl 20 raise spectre + lvl 4 empower and +1 minion/ +1 spell on wand
3) lvl 21 raise spectre + lvl 3 empower and +1 minion/ +1 spell on wand

When i get the shield with spell block, i'll replace rainbowstride with cannot be frozen/res/es/move speed boots. Also, you can get up to 48 reduced mana reservation on the rings using fertile catalysts if you want to opt for a different anointment than charisma. been trying to figure out how to run skitterbots.. but dont think its possible even with perfect 48 nostalgias and charisma + lvl 4 enlighten. Might get rid of charisma annointment and go for death attunement once i get my second round of cluster jewels.

"
TheSpectator wrote:
Thanks for the guide. Made a few changes for ritual. Went with glancing blows. Couldn't achieve brain dead mapping/bossing without max spell block. Used a Recover #% ES shield (when i have more currency, will get one with #% spell block).
for max 4 spectre, would use either:
1) lvl 21 raise spectre + lvl 4 empower and +1 minion skills on wand
2) lvl 20 raise spectre + lvl 4 empower and +1 minion/ +1 spell on wand
3) lvl 21 raise spectre + lvl 3 empower and +1 minion/ +1 spell on wand

When i get the shield with spell block, i'll replace rainbowstride with cannot be frozen/res/es/move speed boots. Also, you can get up to 48 reduced mana reservation on the rings using fertile catalysts if you want to opt for a different anointment than charisma. been trying to figure out how to run skitterbots.. but dont think its possible even with perfect 48 nostalgias and charisma + lvl 4 enlighten. Might get rid of charisma annointment and go for death attunement once i get my second round of cluster jewels.

I've been working on the same idea, trying to get skitterbots up. Reduced mana reservation enchant on helm is another piece, Enlighten 4 with Hatred, and RMR on some clusters perhaps?
Ah right. Hatred has 15% reduced mana reservation or Discipline has 20% reduced mana res might actually work. Could spam enchanted fossils haha.. not sure its worth the hassle. might need to sacrifice lots of dps if getting it on the cluster jewel. prob not worth it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info