[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Great, still no unswer about mid gear.
Op, thanks for keeping the guide alive!
Can you help me understand why am I running out of mana? (With 2 lvl4 enlightens and mana reduce on gear)? Am I missing some mana regen stuff?

Also what are your thoughts on catalysts, what would you use on what?
And if anybody has suggestions for some good end game ring bases they would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys!
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

Not trying to argue with you, because no offense, you don't seem to know the saboteur nodes and where our defenses and damages come from. You have some puzzling gear choices on your character and you are blaming your struggle on lacking a 65c item, which even if you had it, would not increase your DPS and clearly that's where you struggle if you only have 150k at lvl 90 and you're even in a Shavs. I'm not trying to sound elitist, so I apologize if it sounds harsh.

doesn't sound harsh, and i really appreciate your feedback.

puzzling gear choices is something i would like to hear more about. I have reasons for everything i'm using, of course, they may be bad reasons. lol.

here's the bottom line problem.

i just took all your gear, put it on my character, made sure I had 6L, 21/23 LT, 20/20 gems.

and PoB told me : 282k.

i'm 120k (actually more like 100k, i don't have summon skitterbots enabled) DPS away from your build with the same gear in the places that count (weapon, shield, gems, etc..). I have no idea why. I seem to have this problem with builds on PoB a lot. So i'm definitely missing something.

https://pastebin.com/d0TDcyea

and until i can understand what PoB is telling me i can't figure out what i should be getting to boost DPS.

Ok so normally I don't do this, because then I have to do it for a lot of people suddenly and i'm already pressed for time to play the league as much as i want! it's a cool league ;) but ok, more people reading this thread can learn from this reply, so i'll do it:

POB is extremely valuable when you get used to using it, so i'm gonna give you a quick example from your own current skill tree:

I try make an effort telling people not to pick jewel sockets until they can get really good ones worth at least 7-8% dps. Majority of the time that people invest into jewels during levels 1-90, they don't have the currency or the luck to have found anything worth the 2 or 3 skill-points a jewel socket requires.

You have 4 skill-points currently doing nothing in your tree. I say nothing because they are actually giving you "minus" dps, simply cause you'd gain more by investing those points into actual damage nodes.

Those 2 skill-points grants you 3.3k dps, 90es and 10int.

Second image, if you unspec'd the 2 points and re-invested only 1 of them into this node, you'd gain 3.9k dps, 60es and 20 intel (20int = 4% es).
(PS. if you click "show power nodes" at bottom of POB, you can quickly identify which nodes will give you the biggest boost currently)

So in total, you invest only ONE point instead of two. You gain a slight dps increase, you lose 30es (but then you gain 10 intellect total, which gives you 2% more ES. (you gain 1% es per 5 intellect)

You have 2 places with jewels that have extremely poor stats, but costs you 2 skill points. Pickup crackling speed and you gain 10.5k dps for 3 points, rather than gaining 3k for 2 points. (just an example again)

Same for the ES, you went to pickup all the percentage ES, but your gear doesn't reflect those %'s you invested in your tree. The %'s in the tree only does something beneficial if there's gear they can boost with some decent ES to it. For the puzzling gear choice, here's an example

You picked a neck with piercing on it, but you can buy a tier2 lab enchant, which I suggest in the guide (2 pierce enchant suggested for lower budget) for less than 2-3c on an ES base helmet.

examples:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/EBk3D0zt5

Slam that helmet with a dense fossil at 1-2c and a metallic fossil at 1c, it might require two or three attempts, but it shouldn't be much more than that if even that, to hit better than you got now and the metallic fossil might grant you -9 resist to mobs around you, another nice dps increase (9%).
This would allow you to get a proper amulet with proper ES on it, and by proper I mean an amulet with 40 raw ES and percentage ES both.

Again, they cost next to nothing (starting at 1 alchemy for a neck with 45raw ES, 10% es and 30-40resist), I can link examples here and if u go up from 1 alchemy to a few chaos, you can get something quite nice with DPS gains also:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/OkQ4KTE

All the points of "raw" es as I call it, are super important because all your percentage points in your skilltree can't boost "nothing", there has to be something to boost, so you can't undervalue the importance of fixing incremental upgrades on your gear with each few levels, to increase your total ES and same for your total DPS.

You're 90 atm, I would say you don't need much chaos to have gloves with at least 150es, boots with 140+ es, and your rare ring should be an incursion one as in the guide, for the extra ES - plus they also cost nothing, starting at 1 alchy and depending your budget can go all the way to multiple EX's, but if u replace your current rare ring with a 1c incursion one, you're already much better off. The chain belt, get a cheap stygian with the same 40str and 1 resist and 1 free suffix to craft resist so you can easier balance your gear and pop a 2-3c abyss jewel into it that has lightning dmg to spells OR global multiplier along with 20-30 es points - it'll gain you DPS, without losing any ES (the added jewel ES will make up for the chain belt es and then the dps is just pure extra gain)

again, starting at 1alchy, an easy upgrade for nothing:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/zblpGjqs4

Don't use double quicksilver flasks, it's for some reason in my guide lol, i know but it bugged out, i've fixed that:)

Also did you pick Alira for bandit?

Summary:

A lot can be gained by learning to use POB to measure what skill-points are worth investing in, at your current gear-level and budget etc. It comes with experience and it's not easily something I can cover in my guide because I can't possibly predict the gear and budgets/experience of each individual player - I try cover broadly by suggesting what's good budget gear and what's endgame items etc.
It's very useful to invest at least some currency into incremental upgrades every 3-5 levels at minimum.

Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 7, 2020, 2:14:18 AM
"
daiverok wrote:
Again, where is mid-lvl gear?
I dunno what items i need to buy right now.
I`m 65 lvl , finished storyline. Have shav and chayula.

Would be very great if u can provide search links to poetrade for every piece of mid-lvl gear.
PS for now i definetly have CRAP gear provides 4k ES, and no clue what to buy.

"
daiverok wrote:

Great, still no unswer about mid gear.

There is budget gear in the guide... or mid-gear if you wish to call it so, to me those are synonymous as being simply cheaper gear/not endgame stuff necessarily.

I've been posting updates each week and every few days of my own progress and my gear/character sheet is and has been open since day one to follow.

You can't expect me to give you 15 poe-trade links and tell you "buy this and that". I help where I can and especially if I feel that more than just one person will learn from reading my answer to someone, then I often go into detail and help quite a lot imo.

"
dadek182 wrote:
Op, thanks for keeping the guide alive!
Can you help me understand why am I running out of mana? (With 2 lvl4 enlightens and mana reduce on gear)? Am I missing some mana regen stuff?

Also what are your thoughts on catalysts, what would you use on what?
And if anybody has suggestions for some good end game ring bases they would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys!

You shouldn't struggle for mana with your items OR if you use a mana flask with enduring mod on it, is it still a problem?
Also check my reply at page 44 about using inspiration support instead of controlled destruction in your 6L. It should in theory increase your dps AND make all mana issues go away:) From my short testing with it so far, it felt very good.

Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 7, 2020, 2:44:27 AM
Just got my first awakener kill on lvl 8 with this build.

Only 1 death, highly recommend turning up the Dialogue Volume because all of his one shot abilities during the last phase are qued by things he says. Just wanted to say awesome build!
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
xmadruguinha wrote:

Great advice as always, changed to 6l and the mana cost craft was all I needed to spam just fine. Thank you.

Yw :)

I've not been wanting to release this idea yet before testing some more, but the reworked Inspiration Support gem (reworked in blight league i believe) might do wonders for this build actually as replacement for controlled destruction. Now for people only looking at in-game tooltips it'll seem terrible, but I can say that in POB it increases our DPS by a decent bit when you toggle on inspiration charges and more importantly it lowers my mana cost on tossing traps from 65 to just 30 mana. The charges it generates are also generated swiftly (literal 4-5 throws and you're at max charges, doesn't require killing anything), so really i'll always be max charges.

With that as a 6th gem, you won't suffer any mana issues and I even think you'll be able to toss your mana flask away if you got lvl 10-12 clarity with your bloodmagic setup. I got lvl 10 clarity and with inspiration I can spam my traps now endless without needing my mana flask.

I'm gonna do some more testing tomorrow, but from what I tried tonight it felt really good.

if you need help with testing anything feel free to ask! Would love to help!
your budget gear is for PRE LL|ES
and then - lategame luxury.
no points to aim directly when u get shav and chaula
BAH i wasting ours both times
char dumped in trashbin
Last edited by daiverok on Jan 7, 2020, 8:37:26 AM
"
mrwiggiiles wrote:
Just got my first awakener kill on lvl 8 with this build.

Only 1 death, highly recommend turning up the Dialogue Volume because all of his one shot abilities during the last phase are qued by things he says. Just wanted to say awesome build!

Very nice! grats and gj m8 :)

I can definitely say that Inspiration Support is better than Controlled Destruction after testing it some more today! This is my new 6th link, I'll update the guide accordingly. It also allows me to completely toss away my mana flask and have more damage via' adding Atziri's flask in place of my mana flask:)
Hey! I'm really enjoying this build, never built a trapper and I'm having a blast!

I already ripped twice 'cause of missplays and stupid decisions I made, but since I'm playing in HC it takes me a while to come back to where I was lol.

Do you have any additional tips for us HC players? Apart from taking Born in the Shadows earlier (I did so and everything was smoother).

Thank you, loving this guide and the tips you are giving!
"
hers wrote:
Hey! I'm really enjoying this build, never built a trapper and I'm having a blast!

I already ripped twice 'cause of missplays and stupid decisions I made, but since I'm playing in HC it takes me a while to come back to where I was lol.

Do you have any additional tips for us HC players? Apart from taking Born in the Shadows earlier (I did so and everything was smoother).

Thank you, loving this guide and the tips you are giving!

Definitely! I realize I've neglected adding much about HC.

I usually always add fortify to my setup. The main question is which way you prefer doing it. Some do it via shield-charge+fortify, but you can also do it by adding "The Vigil" jewel, in the far left side of your skill-tree (where STR is in its radius) and then create a 3-link that looks as: Vigilant Strike > Faster Attacks > Ancestral Call Support. It'll mostly always land you the fortify effect, where as the shield-charge may sometimes miss or you at least have to pay more attention at your buffs to be sure you got it.

There are multiple ways of adding fortify of course, but you can research more on that:) I know that the streamer Waggle used vigil jewel method with the 3 link above.

On HC I use Basalt and Granite flasks, as really it's the physical mitigation that is most dangerous I feel. You may also want to remove elemental focus from your 5-6Link so that your trap can shatter/freeze and find places to add some cold damage to spells (usually your weapon and an abyss jewel in your stygian belt for example) I just today updated the guide to prefer Inspiration Support over Controlled Destruction as it fixes all mana issues with spamming traps at low-mana reserve. At HC, i'd replace the elem focus with inspiration support directly and keep either controlled destruct or added lightning dmg in your setup (depending what your POB says adds the most to you)

If you only have a 5L i'd go with LT, LP, Trap and mine Dmg, Cluster traps and inspiration supp.

Dream Fragments ring is super nice for HC imo, usually quite cheap.

Of course this is obvious, but I also play much more "safe", aka I off-screen kill a lot of mobs/bosses and in this league i'm not sure I'd touch metamorphs until GGG has patched them so that they're freezeable and less rippy.

Goodluck, you're very brave since 3.9 metamorph league is extreeeeemly rippy I feel, even if you just watch the experienced HC streamers, they're dropping like flies lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info