[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Just got this bad boy on my fourth craft :)

Just got this bad boy on my fourth craft :D

"
oestergreen wrote:
(Edit) Thank you nothingtoxic, you were quicker than me at replying it;P

We are not a squishy build, it's about how you play it - this league is dangerous for all builds.

it really is !

"
oestergreen wrote:

42% Attack Block
19% Spell Block (can increase to 27%)
50% Chance to not get hit from ANYTHING around you.
10-11k ES (7-8k in medium gear)
1k+ ES regen per sec. (don't stop throwing traps?)
Screen-clearing ability.
Off-screen hitting enemies.
Immune to Ignite
Immune to Shock (a one-shotter of many builds)
Immune to Stun.
Immune to Freeze/Chill (depending if dream fragments ring)
Room for THREE magic flasks with other immunities.
What more immunities you want? damage? o.O lol.

42% and 19% is with rumi's of course. but if it's not up, you're 22/9, you'll probably miss the block and ur ded. and how exactly did you think that 42/19 is good when crappy max block builds can get 75/50 without much trouble at all? 19% spell block means ur going to miss the block 4 out of 5 times. pray that the damage is less than your ES, or you'll be 1-shot. GGG fucking LOVES 1-shot mechanics, so this is a real problem.

7-8k ES in medium gear is fair. I'm 6.5k and i've got filthy casual gear. ;-)

screen-clearing. not unless you have the DPS, which was my point. as with all glass cannon builds you don't die if you've killed everything. lol.

immune to ignite - i'm unsure where this is coming from but I can go figure it out. However... is burning ground ignite ? because I don't think it is. I died on burning ground (i was trapped) but i could have had another DoT on me I was unaware of. i should have kept throwing traps !

immune to shock. only if you have presence of chayula. it was over an exalt, but the price is dropping fairly quickly. i think this is really a key piece of gear for the build. it's about 1100 ES on your build. i think shock is a silent killer of builds but what i really think gets people is crit.

immune to stun. only if you have presence... i really don't think that presence can be considered "high-end" gear for this build. i think it's require gear.

immune to freeze chill. i'm about to go try out dream fragments. i'm getting frozen way too often. mostly beacaus my heat flask goes dry. this is especially problematic with bosses since GGG likes to not provide ads so your flasks go dry. soooooo irritating.

ur videos are great. You do realize you have 400k dps and 9k ES right ? i have trouble with t11s. why ? because i have 6.5k ES, no stun immunity, and 1/3 your DPS. lol. so i'm not doing t14s until i get gud.

tl;dr

take your dps down to 150k and 6.5k ES, remove presence. let me know how that works out. you need some expensive items to get to 400k dps and 9k ES. IF you don't have them, ur squishy, for a particular level of map. I don't think that's very controversial.

Random question. So I have this item,

And I want to change spell damage and all. If I Remove crafted mods will that remove the ability for me to craft 3 mods. Or does it just get rid of the three and let me put on what I want? Sorry new to crafting!
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:
(Edit) Thank you nothingtoxic, you were quicker than me at replying it;P

We are not a squishy build, it's about how you play it - this league is dangerous for all builds.

it really is !

"
oestergreen wrote:

42% Attack Block
19% Spell Block (can increase to 27%)
50% Chance to not get hit from ANYTHING around you.
10-11k ES (7-8k in medium gear)
1k+ ES regen per sec. (don't stop throwing traps?)
Screen-clearing ability.
Off-screen hitting enemies.
Immune to Ignite
Immune to Shock (a one-shotter of many builds)
Immune to Stun.
Immune to Freeze/Chill (depending if dream fragments ring)
Room for THREE magic flasks with other immunities.
What more immunities you want? damage? o.O lol.

42% and 19% is with rumi's of course. but if it's not up, you're 22/9, you'll probably miss the block and ur ded. and how exactly did you think that 42/19 is good when crappy max block builds can get 75/50 without much trouble at all? 19% spell block means ur going to miss the block 4 out of 5 times. pray that the damage is less than your ES, or you'll be 1-shot. GGG fucking LOVES 1-shot mechanics, so this is a real problem.

7-8k ES in medium gear is fair. I'm 6.5k and i've got filthy casual gear. ;-)

screen-clearing. not unless you have the DPS, which was my point. as with all glass cannon builds you don't die if you've killed everything. lol.

immune to ignite - i'm unsure where this is coming from but I can go figure it out. However... is burning ground ignite ? because I don't think it is. I died on burning ground (i was trapped) but i could have had another DoT on me I was unaware of. i should have kept throwing traps !

immune to shock. only if you have presence of chayula. it was over an exalt, but the price is dropping fairly quickly. i think this is really a key piece of gear for the build. it's about 1100 ES on your build. i think shock is a silent killer of builds but what i really think gets people is crit.

immune to stun. only if you have presence... i really don't think that presence can be considered "high-end" gear for this build. i think it's require gear.

immune to freeze chill. i'm about to go try out dream fragments. i'm getting frozen way too often. mostly beacaus my heat flask goes dry. this is especially problematic with bosses since GGG likes to not provide ads so your flasks go dry. soooooo irritating.

ur videos are great. You do realize you have 400k dps and 9k ES right ? i have trouble with t11s. why ? because i have 6.5k ES, no stun immunity, and 1/3 your DPS. lol. so i'm not doing t14s until i get gud.

tl;dr

take your dps down to 150k and 6.5k ES, remove presence. let me know how that works out. you need some expensive items to get to 400k dps and 9k ES. IF you don't have them, ur squishy, for a particular level of map. I don't think that's very controversial.

Yes defenses is with Rumi's ...Builds tends posting defenses with flasks, because in PoE you're always having flask charges unless you do something really wrong or are in a phased-boss area without charges/a portal and are failing some mechanic that would freeze/stun you. A rumi's flask is 8c, i bought mine for 4c the first week.

Shock immunity is from Pyromaniac, your ascendancy.
Ignite immunity is from Pyromaniac, your ascendancy.
Only Stun immune is from the chayula, where you can use Brine king until you can afford your Chayula, which at present time is 65 chaos? hardly a super expensive item.
The 10% regen, the chain-effect of traps triggering nearby traps and a 1c tinkerskin (read the text on it...)

No offense but you're very misinformed and i'm thinking that maybe the squishy feeling comes from how to play the build. You shouldn't run into any "wall" with this build where you can't progress to higher tier maps "before you get X or Y item".

You should stay life trapper with a 1c tinker-skin, until you can afford your shavs with a 5L prophecy as the guide says, so maybe you just switched to ES too soon. As life-trapper with a tinker-skin, you shouldn't struggle doing red maps and your DPS should not be so low when you afford your 5L shavs (idk what you are doing, so i can't say why yours is so low)

I have a feeling you are playing in a way that makes you squishy, maybe panicky and forgetting to keep throwing traps 'cause as long as traps are triggered you're getting 10% ES regen:) Feel free to check out my stream doing T16 double-beyond maps with 8-9k ES atm --- THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE if we were a squishy class cannon --- and i'm not going "slow" or "avoiding packs off-screen glass-cannon" I'm flame dashing into the fray:) This build cleared hardcore and among first users was Waggle clearing all endgame on HC with it, do you really think that's do-able as a "glass cannon":)

You claim it's my dps making it possible, yet i've been posting videos since week 1 of the league, running this build as my starter:) I didn't magically jump from act 1 to tier16 and all my gear fell from the sky=P I've had same route as you, fresh league, level 1 and there are no walls you should run into where you can't progress because "too squishy".

My most expensive item is my self-fused 6L shavs. an unlinked Shavs cost 65chaos atm, same as the chayula price.

There are a lot of posters here who has way way better gear than me and i'm doing all endgame content. Getting 250k+ dps should not cost you a lot, we're talking chaos here, not EX's.

Until you got shavs, you should remain life-trapper with a tinkerskin as it says in the guide... check demi's life trapper guide and level as that until you can switch to a 5L shavs - unless you're comfortable with playing ES/life hybrid or CI and know where to get your dps from.

Tinkerskins are extremely effective for a life-trapper all the way to red maps. They cost nothing (1c at start league... now 1 alteration)... so a 5L tinker only costs you price the prophecy which is 8-9c. Did you read the tinker-skin what it does in budget gear section? cuz' then you know why it's so powerful combined with your pyromaniac ascendancy and why you shouldn't struggle surviving, while farming for your 60-70c shavs and fusing it or buying a 9c prophecy. And once you have that, you should have 200k+ dps minimum really..minimum.

You get trap gems for almost no cost at all 21/23, because of the trap prophecy.... getting cheap but strong damage while farming for upgrades should really not be a build problem even in budget gear - maybe you are picking the wrong pieces of gear or not using POB to know if some stuff is a big upgrade even when it's costing just 1-5c.
I had 250k+ damage while I was in rags (i call it rags around 6k es)

Not trying to argue with you, because no offense, you don't seem to know the saboteur nodes and where our defenses and damages come from. You have some puzzling gear choices on your character and you are blaming your struggle on lacking a 65c item, which even if you had it, would not increase your DPS and clearly that's where you struggle if you only have 150k at lvl 90 and you're even in a Shavs. I'm not trying to sound elitist, so I apologize if it sounds harsh.

Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 6, 2020, 10:27:25 PM
Hello there, i have a strange problem. So i have 6l Lightning trap that cost 65 mana. I have total of 72 mana left, after i go in a map and cast few traps, my mana cost become 74 and since i have 72 i cant do anything for a few seconds.... this happen after i level up my gems to level 20... can this be the issue?
"
stoqnbg wrote:
Hello there, i have a strange problem. So i have 6l Lightning trap that cost 65 mana. I have total of 72 mana left, after i go in a map and cast few traps, my mana cost become 74 and since i have 72 i cant do anything for a few seconds.... this happen after i level up my gems to level 20... can this be the issue?

Yes mate, the easiest way to solve it until you can get mana reduce on helmet or shield is to do this in your current tree>>

undo the 2 points i marked with red, and add the 2 blue points i marked and you'll be okay (just remember to carry an enduring mana flask, which will allow you spamming traps and ps. change your added lightning dmg for controlled destruction in your 6L).

"
mrwiggiiles wrote:
Random question. So I have this item,

And I want to change spell damage and all. If I Remove crafted mods will that remove the ability for me to craft 3 mods. Or does it just get rid of the three and let me put on what I want? Sorry new to crafting!

If you remove crafted mods it'll cost you 2ex again to re-multimod it, sadly.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 6, 2020, 10:33:27 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
stoqnbg wrote:

Yes mate, the easiest way to solve it until you can get mana reduce on helmet or shield is to do this in your current tree>>

undo the 2 points i marked with red, and add the 2 blue points i marked and you'll be okay (just remember to carry an enduring mana flask, which will allow you spamming traps and ps. change your added lightning dmg for controlled destruction in your 6L).

okay ty!
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
xmadruguinha wrote:
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
1) how good is this build with 5link Shav? dont think i can afford 6 link :(
2) how goot it is without fancy expensive gear (and without multimod weapons,which are not in game anymore,heh)?o.o
Anyway,ty

I'm doing t16 with a 5link, a Sceptre I identified myself and helmet which I fossil crafted with 5c in fossils, may have gotten lucky there but 5c for each try is pretty cheap.

I couldn't kill Sirus because I suck and the fight sucks even more, but got him down to 20% hp on my first try, so it's possible.

Also, this league is very rewarding, I started very late and already have currency for a 6l but am a bit reluctant to grab it since I only have 77 unreserved mana and a 6l Lightning Trap costs 69 mana. I'm preparing to try and craft a new helmet with 5% mana reserve reduction but don't know if it's going to solve this problem by itself...

Hi m8, go for a -mana cost on your ruby ring and yes definitely the 5% reduce via helm would also save you from any mana troubles (i see u already have an enduring mana flask, so imo having just enough for 1-2 trap throws is enough for people who anyway use their enduring flask lots)

Gj though getting awakener down so far in first try with a 5L

Great advice as always, changed to 6l and the mana cost craft was all I needed to spam just fine. Thank you.
"
xmadruguinha wrote:

Great advice as always, changed to 6l and the mana cost craft was all I needed to spam just fine. Thank you.

Yw :)

I've not been wanting to release this idea yet before testing some more, but the reworked Inspiration Support gem (reworked in blight league i believe) might do wonders for this build actually as replacement for controlled destruction. Now for people only looking at in-game tooltips it'll seem terrible, but I can say that in POB it increases our DPS by a decent bit when you toggle on inspiration charges and more importantly it lowers my mana cost on tossing traps from 65 to just 30 mana. The charges it generates are also generated swiftly (literal 4-5 throws and you're at max charges, doesn't require killing anything), so really i'll always be max charges.

With that as a 6th gem, you won't suffer any mana issues and I even think you'll be able to toss your mana flask away if you got lvl 10-12 clarity with your bloodmagic setup. I got lvl 10 clarity and with inspiration I can spam my traps now endless without needing my mana flask.

I'm gonna do some more testing tomorrow, but from what I tried tonight it felt really good.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 7, 2020, 12:32:10 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:

Not trying to argue with you, because no offense, you don't seem to know the saboteur nodes and where our defenses and damages come from. You have some puzzling gear choices on your character and you are blaming your struggle on lacking a 65c item, which even if you had it, would not increase your DPS and clearly that's where you struggle if you only have 150k at lvl 90 and you're even in a Shavs. I'm not trying to sound elitist, so I apologize if it sounds harsh.

doesn't sound harsh, and i really appreciate your feedback.

puzzling gear choices is something i would like to hear more about. I have reasons for everything i'm using, of course, they may be bad reasons. lol.

here's the bottom line problem.

i just took all your gear, put it on my character, made sure I had 6L, 21/23 LT, 20/20 gems.

and PoB told me : 282k.

i'm 120k (actually more like 100k, i don't have summon skitterbots enabled) DPS away from your build with the same gear in the places that count (weapon, shield, gems, etc..). I have no idea why. I seem to have this problem with builds on PoB a lot. So i'm definitely missing something.

https://pastebin.com/d0TDcyea

and until i can understand what PoB is telling me i can't figure out what i should be getting to boost DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info