[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Should I buy 5L shavronne's?
Just wanted to drop a thank you for all the time and effort you put into this guide. I'm fairly new to POE, and even little details like the links to trade sites, and how to actually use currency to get what is needed taught me quite a bit about how to use those tools and starting to get geared.

I'm just getting into maps now, with one resist left to fix, and with enough stuff tucked away to transition to an energy shield/CI build. I've made it into maps before, but never fussed about with switching builds, or figuring out how to go ES, or later LL. Your guide has helped tremendously in just teaching some of those not-obvious things that might seem like basics to people who've been playing for ages, but really aren't.

So...thank you!
"
roselan wrote:
How well is the build doing against t14+ delirium mobs?

I decided to go for slayer this league and I get pwned like a blind duck in counter strike. It's not fun, and I'm desperate. So I'm thinking about re-rolling to my true and trusted vortex occultist build (that or swap to champion idk).

ty.

I can do t13 with 1 orb/beyond/einhar/hunter influence with no problems (CI build, not fully ascended... damn rng)

You can drop vortex and just run onwards most stuff will freeze or die somehow in the process. For tougher stuff you just pop vall vortex and they melt. You wont have any issues doding any delirium one shots, because wyou dont have to stand still to dps.

I was map starved at the start, and just grinded watchstones in lower tiers so far, so have not done any t15+ maps.

edit: with no problemns i mean i didnt die ( also rolled easy modifiers). was still challenging
Last edited by moorli on Mar 19, 2020, 4:11:56 AM
"
moorli wrote:
"
roselan wrote:
How well is the build doing against t14+ delirium mobs?

I decided to go for slayer this league and I get pwned like a blind duck in counter strike. It's not fun, and I'm desperate. So I'm thinking about re-rolling to my true and trusted vortex occultist build (that or swap to champion idk).

ty.

I can do t13 with 1 orb/beyond/einhar/hunter influence with no problems (CI build, not fully ascended... damn rng)

You can drop vortex and just run onwards most stuff will freeze or die somehow in the process. For tougher stuff you just pop vall vortex and they melt. You wont have any issues doding any delirium one shots, because wyou dont have to stand still to dps.

I was map starved at the start, and just grinded watchstones in lower tiers so far, so have not done any t15+ maps.

edit: with no problemns i mean i didnt die ( also rolled easy modifiers). was still challenging

Delirum encounters, outside it's novelty surprises, were not an issue until "charged" (100q+) t14.

I started slayer thinking it's map clear would rock, and it will... with 250ex investment. Meanwhile, it feels delirium is more like deep delve. And there Vortex Occultist is superb.
Does anybody have an updated PoB for both CI and LL version taking into account some cluster jewel choices?

I've been using a large (12% increased cold damage) with corrosive elements, deep chill, disorienting display and 1% res penetration corrupt, medium (+4% to DoT) with brush with death, and a small (6% increased max ES) with brush with death. Overall spent ~15 points.

Just trying to figure out if that's better or worse from an opportunity cost stand point than just pathing elsewhere in the tree.

*Deep Chill: +10% Cold DoT Multiplier, 30% increased effect of chill
*Corrosive Elements: 15% increased Elemental Damage, 25% chance to apply exposure with the various elemental types
*Disorienting display: 25% increased elemental damage, 10% to blind when using elemental skill
*Brush with death: +10% to DoT multiplier, Recover 1% of life and ES on kill

"
Aziridine wrote:
Does anybody have an updated PoB for both CI and LL version taking into account some cluster jewel choices?

I've been using a large (12% increased cold damage) with corrosive elements, deep chill, disorienting display and 1% res penetration corrupt, medium (+4% to DoT) with brush with death, and a small (6% increased max ES) with brush with death. Overall spent ~15 points.

Just trying to figure out if that's better or worse from an opportunity cost stand point than just pathing elsewhere in the tree.

*Deep Chill: +10% Cold DoT Multiplier, 30% increased effect of chill
*Corrosive Elements: 15% increased Elemental Damage, 25% chance to apply exposure with the various elemental types
*Disorienting display: 25% increased elemental damage, 10% to blind when using elemental skill

I don't have the cluster jewels atm. but i am considering:

On a medium jewel: Added Small Passive Skills grant: 10% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments
Cold Conduction
Enemies Chilled by your Hits are Shocked
Enemies Shocked by your Hits are Chilled

Or don't our inital portions of vortex/coldsnap count as hits?

This one is really nice for mapping
First time vortex here and hoping for some help understanding how we curse? is it just the CWDT with enfeeble?

I was considering taking profane bloom earlier to help with clear but only works on cursed enemies. will i not be cursing until i get my CWDT setup or is there another curse mechanic im not realising?

thanks.
the cwdt setup is just for ci version of the build. if you start with low life and a shavronnes you will switch to an blasphemy setup.
Hey!
Great guide, been following this together combining it with Gazzy's guide.

My profile is public if anybody wants to take a look of the gear I'm running with. Pretty happy atm with my setup, perfectly balanced res 106/106/106 for wise oak, 75 chaos res capped (It helps alot!) Next step is probably getting a Mark of the Shaper with an elder ring combo, just to be able to squeeze out more dps! Planning to keep this character as my bosskiller for later on! Pretty much done everything except Uelder so far but that fight should be doable easier than Cortex, Sirus etc.

I went LL for more auras and being able to run ultra defensive setup of enfeeble + temp chains. (Can always switch out enfeeble for Frostbite for bossing) Not 100% sold yet on Flesh and Stone, when Spider Aspect is also an option but perma blind is nice if you hate dying alot!

About the new Cluster Jewels. Cold Conduction is too valuable to not take, it gives you a reliable way to shock bosses with cold snap initial hit at least. Deep chill is just another dps passive and Energy From Naught is a nice bonus flat es of 100. Scales better than the 5% max mana into ES.
"
larsahh_ wrote:
About the new Cluster Jewels. Cold Conduction is too valuable to not take, it gives you a reliable way to shock bosses with cold snap initial hit at least. Deep chill is just another dps passive and Energy From Naught is a nice bonus flat es of 100. Scales better than the 5% max mana into ES.

Note that cold snap doesn't chill, it leaves a chilled ground that doesn't hit.

To what I understand (which is very little) you will need to crit with the hit. This applies the default shock (like skitter bots)and bring us 15% increased damage taken. As damage taken is sparse, this is very good.

Yet I'm reluctant to take it as I'm not confident I can chill on hit reliably.

Personally, I did skip the large cluster, and went with 4 skills medium cluster with "Vile Reinvigoration" and "Brush with Death" (any source of ES on kill is a godsend). "Energy From Naught" for it's small jewel, but "Spring Back" looks interesting as I rely heavily on shield recharge and wicked ward.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info