[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Can this be played with Wintertide still or are brands useless?
"
Adellund wrote:
he said cold dot ele, cold dot occultist inherently gains chill & freeze immunity due to Frigid Wake, and can spec Arakaali for 10% less Dot Damage taken, or even Solaris in mapping making you a lot tankier vs phys hits. That being said there are some questionable decisions such as using frostbomb instead of just using any of the hundreds of lesser ichors you're gonna loot once you hit altars in T14's and above, cold exposure on hit is far better than apo gloves and not at all hard to farm/grind. in addition to that, by using exarch/eater implicits on gloves it allows you to add another 6% dot multi with searing exarch embers (the lowest tier gives 5 or 6% i cant remembeer exactly ontop of my head how much).

the boots decision is a funny one because I do agree it gives a lot of map clear since the "pops" you get from Legacy of Fury do counts as hits and as elementalist do 15% more dmg because of shock (Shaper of Storms). There is a MUCH MUCH better and cheaper approach though.

do your regular atlas prog, once you have 3-4 divines dont waste them on legacy of fury (once ppl get to farming maven for woke gems those boots will crash hard in price, and they most likely will be hella expensive the first 5-6 days because of the popularity of Pohx's RF Jugg build which greatly benefits from the boots in terms of clear on jugg that struggles a bit on scaling dps after initial first 85+ levels (skill points beyond speccing Breath of Flames and grabbing the minion cluster just north of Sovereignty will greatly bump your initial dps):

Step 1:
once you have 4 divines, get about 1500 alterations and get your fingers on any dot multi fractured amulet, spam alterations until you hit +1 all,

Step 2:
regal and pray to god that you hit a suffix, if not Yolo annul and pray you dont annul +1 all.

If Step2 is successfull, go to Step3, else scour rinse and repeat step 1:

Step 3:
at this stage you have a +1 amulet with fractured dot multi (lets say 15% since high tier dot multi is going to cost a fortune early on) which is rare quality (IMPORTANT!). Now you can "Can Have up to 2 modifiers" aka the multimod, you craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" and you craft cannot roll attack modifiers.

Step 4:
Harvest add cold remove x and since you only have 1 open prefix you are guaranteed to hit the only availible cold tag which is +1 cold skill gems. the reason why you won't hit adds x to x cold spell skills is since it has an attack tag, it won't be allocated due to craft restrictions imposed by bench craft cannot roll attack mods.

step 5:
either settle by crafting life and maybe exaltslamming later on or be risky and block prefixes + yolo veiled chaos orb.

WARNING: this does risk the items being 6 mod, or worse yet, hit a prefix which means that life is a risk of not being applied, you might be forced to pick some shitty prefix as your 3rd prefix and then you don't have the ability to benchcraft 55 life..

the ultra safe but a bit more expensive approach is to benchcraft multimod and prefixes cannot be changed, and a random prefix, this item is now a 6 mod item techinically but since we have prefixes cannot be changed, an Aisling annul exalt veiled slam will now guaranteed hit a suffix and since DoT multi is fractured, we can only remove either multimod or block prefixes. once you aisling slam you can remove crafted mods with 3 scours on the bench craft ( DO NOT SCOUR THE ITEM) and craft dual stat ( str + dex for instance ) if you dont want multistat, this gives you an extremely high chance of hitting either increased effect of non-dmg ailments ( which both benefit scorch from legacy of fury later on, elevating the dps boost from your future upgrade, or a hybrid x and chaos % res roll, which is also insanely good for an amulet suffix.

eitheer way this is a far better investment since this amulet will essentially carry your build all the way through the league, except if you wanna do some aura shenanigans and run multiple mana reservation clusters and an ashes of the stars ( but that is just speculation, you do you ).

TL;DR dont waste money on legacy of fury early on, your money is much better spent on other longterm investments that won't completely crash in value.

if you want to make a +1+1 weapon with high dot multi ( can be insanely good, but won't allow you to use obliteration for clear if you wish to have explode "pops" ) watch SpicySushi's guide on how to craft a really good late game scaling weapon . this is a leaguestarter guild so maybe dont start with the weapon since it technically can "brick" by the same approach as the amulet as it might roll over the +1 all spell skill gems on the weapon that you probably will spend over 2k alterations to hit ).

SpicySushi's simple crafting video broken down in easy to understand steps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgOOTx_KT_0&

Nice post bro, I'll do this amulet thing, sounds really good, I don't use obliteration but another crappy rare wand, is it preferable to use oblitaration with this build? The build feels pretty smooth so far and I've mostly used the PoB for gems, tree etc.
Didnt even think about obliteration.
I have though about using the crafting wand when I have a couple divines. I'm very far away from this right now though. Which will help more, upgrading obliteration to that wand in the video or the amulet?

I have another general question which anyone can answer really, I'm uncertain what to do with gem levels. Should I go 20 on everything? If I use that type of amulet that I quoted in this post, I will have to get the attributes on other gear.
Hi there,
seems to be a nice build and I'm trying it.
Just a few newbie questions :
- am I right assuming that Exposure, that is used quite a lot, is only applied by our Frost bomb and by our helmet ?
- am I right assuming that Vortex can hit and trigger Shaper of Stroms / Heart of Destruction / helmet's Exposure / frostbite's freeze ?
Last edited by AaxFamily on Apr 13, 2023, 10:13:52 AM
Regarding recommended skill tree from PoB.
What's the reason to unspec Frost Walker (25% increased Cold Damage, +15% to Cold Resistance, 5% increased Cast Speed with Cold Skills) after acts?
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
play a hybrid life/es (4800/4400) and work fine, i find it's very tanky.
pob: https://pobb.in/g-PF1GWqTfW8

occultist is nice for curse , very different passing tree than elementalist.
mean i deal less damage but be more resistant.

very nice cold dot.

edit: ha and i run 5 aura xD.( love all aura icon on top of the screen )
Last edited by laurent67 on Apr 16, 2023, 3:53:46 PM
For anyone wanting to check out how you can tweak the build a bit, I used this guide as a starter and have made a few changes myself

Would highly recommend looking for the +2 spells crucible tree on sceptres, can load your 3 auras into it for +2 levels to each

I also picked up eldritch battery (1k es) since it was near the cluster jewel (using armor small jewel for endurance charges, very strong)

also allows me to run 5 auras (determination, grace, PURITY OF ELEMENTS.. Vitality (lvl 14) and defiance banner (have about 10 mana left over but EB covers it)

Purity of elements lets me get away with some pretty easy gearing options, can hit all the cool big stuff without worrying about resists. the dream is to use malevolence but obviously I personally would have to regear or drop one of the auras (would not recommend it, tried dropping determination and died multiple times to mobs I could face tank while it was on)

also I guess you cant see crucible trees but I am using the spiked shield for 100% spell suppress and also because it has the '3% life gained when you suppress' mod so that helps a lot

anyways, heres pob, lmk if you have questions

https://pobb.in/9l5YU13iPAwq
Last edited by Gloodizzle on Apr 17, 2023, 2:26:43 AM
"
Adellund wrote:
he said cold dot ele, cold dot occultist inherently gains chill & freeze immunity due to Frigid Wake, and can spec Arakaali for 10% less Dot Damage taken, or even Solaris in mapping making you a lot tankier vs phys hits. That being said there are some questionable decisions such as using frostbomb instead of just using any of the hundreds of lesser ichors you're gonna loot once you hit altars in T14's and above, cold exposure on hit is far better than apo gloves and not at all hard to farm/grind. in addition to that, by using exarch/eater implicits on gloves it allows you to add another 6% dot multi with searing exarch embers (the lowest tier gives 5 or 6% i cant remembeer exactly ontop of my head how much).

the boots decision is a funny one because I do agree it gives a lot of map clear since the "pops" you get from Legacy of Fury do counts as hits and as elementalist do 15% more dmg because of shock (Shaper of Storms). There is a MUCH MUCH better and cheaper approach though.

do your regular atlas prog, once you have 3-4 divines dont waste them on legacy of fury (once ppl get to farming maven for woke gems those boots will crash hard in price, and they most likely will be hella expensive the first 5-6 days because of the popularity of Pohx's RF Jugg build which greatly benefits from the boots in terms of clear on jugg that struggles a bit on scaling dps after initial first 85+ levels (skill points beyond speccing Breath of Flames and grabbing the minion cluster just north of Sovereignty will greatly bump your initial dps):

Step 1:
once you have 4 divines, get about 1500 alterations and get your fingers on any dot multi fractured amulet, spam alterations until you hit +1 all,

Step 2:
regal and pray to god that you hit a suffix, if not Yolo annul and pray you dont annul +1 all.

Step 3:
at this stage you have a +1 amulet with fractured dot multi (lets say 15% since high tier dot multi is going to cost a fortune early on) which is rare quality (IMPORTANT!). Now you can "Can Have up to 2 modifiers" aka the multimod, you craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" and you craft cannot roll attack modifiers.

Step 4:
Harvest add cold remove x and since you only have 1 open prefix you are guaranteed to hit the only availible cold tag which is +1 cold skill gems. the reason why you won't hit adds x to x cold spell skills is since it has an attack tag, it won't be allocated due to craft restrictions imposed by bench craft cannot roll attack mods.

step 5:
either settle by crafting life and maybe exaltslamming later on or be risky and block prefixes + yolo veiled chaos orb.

WARNING: this does risk the items being 6 mod, or worse yet, hit a prefix which means that life is a risk of not being applied, you might be forced to pick some shitty prefix as your 3rd prefix and then you don't have the ability to benchcraft 55 life..

the ultra safe but a bit more expensive approach is to benchcraft multimod and prefixes cannot be changed, and a random prefix, this item is now a 6 mod item techinically but since we have prefixes cannot be changed, an Aisling annul exalt veiled slam will now guaranteed hit a suffix and since DoT multi is fractured, we can only remove either multimod or block prefixes. once you aisling slam you can remove crafted mods with 3 scours on the bench craft ( DO NOT SCOUR THE ITEM) and craft dual stat ( str + dex for instance ) if you dont want multistat, this gives you an extremely high chance of hitting either increased effect of non-dmg ailments ( which both benefit scorch from legacy of fury later on, elevating the dps boost from your future upgrade, or a hybrid x and chaos % res roll, which is also insanely good for an amulet suffix.

eitheer way this is a far better investment since this amulet will essentially carry your build all the way through the league, except if you wanna do some aura shenanigans and run multiple mana reservation clusters and an ashes of the stars ( but that is just speculation, you do you ).

TL;DR dont waste money on legacy of fury early on, your money is much better spent on other longterm investments that won't completely crash in value.

if you want to make a +1+1 weapon with high dot multi ( can be insanely good, but won't allow you to use obliteration for clear if you wish to have explode "pops" ) watch SpicySushi's guide on how to craft a really good late game scaling weapon . this is a leaguestarter guild so maybe dont start with the weapon since it technically can "brick" by the same approach as the amulet as it might roll over the +1 all spell skill gems on the weapon that you probably will spend over 2k alterations to hit ).

Warning to those who want to craft this. The above is not correct. Step 3 you only do Multimod and Cannot Roll Attack, then craft Adds Cold Damage on the amulet before doing the harvest step.
Note: When you then do the harvest craft you have a 1 in 3 chance to also remove the +1 all skills, which would force you to recraft from step 1 again. Keep this risk in mind...
Also you need a more than 4 divines for this craft, at least at this stage in the league.
Last edited by KamiKapse_ on Apr 17, 2023, 3:52:49 AM
Boots: Bane - Frostbite - Elemental Weakness - Frost Bomb (unlinked) in legacy of fury ? LoL
Ign:
Brokthefearless
Tofastforme
Deadismyfriend
Coldshoulder
"
KamiKapse_ wrote:
"
Adellund wrote:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

step 5:

Warning to those who want to craft this. The above is not correct. Step 3 you only do Multimod and Cannot Roll Attack, then craft Adds Cold Damage on the amulet before doing the harvest step.
Note: When you then do the harvest craft you have a 1 in 3 chance to also remove the +1 all skills, which would force you to recraft from step 1 again. Keep this risk in mind...
Also you need a more than 4 divines for this craft, at least at this stage in the league.

yeah that one is my bad i changed the post, made a whoopsie, the idea is to fill suffixes by crafting "cannot roll attack mods". then the 66% chance of hitting +1 all and +1 of desired element on a fractured dot multi amulet will only cost the alterations, the base amulet of choice will any fractured mod of your choice, and 1 harvest add remove + the cannot roll attack mods. the multimodding of prefixes cannot be changed is only for amulets without a fractured suffix, again my bad!.
garbage build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info