[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Is it worth putting quality defense catalysts on a bated breath to push flat es up by 8, max es up 4% and es recharge upto 60%?

hello, nice guide but i need some help

https://pastebin.com/wVbqupMw

keep lvling but theres some problem
1: i dont have enough hp to active both malevolence and clarity.

2: i can active both temporal chains and enfeeble but the remain mana is so low like 65. sometime its enough to cast 1 vortex but sometime in the fight vortex's mana cost will get up a little and i dont have enough mana to cast it.

3:any suggestion for anointment ?

much thanks.
Still haven't seen anyone properly discuss this helmet:

Everyone seems to be using Rime Gaze but it seems like this is the superior choice.

Thoughts?
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
jdilly23 wrote:

Everyone seems to be using Rime Gaze but it seems like this is the superior choice.

Thoughts?

IMO it's terrible. Low ES, only a 25% chance to apply on HIT, BUFFS enemies resistances all for what? To save a Frost Bomb cast which is done automatically on the wand. Pretty sure the increase in resistances is net negative in damage even WITH cold exposure. Also cold exposure does not stack.

Also consider the proc is only on HIT. Which means you need to directly cast Vortex, Cold Snap, or wait for Orb of Storms/Storm Brand to proc it (not your DoT) and even then it's only a 25% chance to activate. Meanwhile they have increased resistances if you are nearby (which you usually are because of Blasphemy or refreshing Vortexes). Pretty sure the helm is only somewhat ok if you are doing both cold and fire damage and at range.

EDIT: Consider with a proper helm you gain: 200 ES, 9% cold res pen up close at all times, influence mods. I think you are better off with Rime Gaze or a properly crafted Hubris Circlet.
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Jan 7, 2020, 12:34:19 PM
I've been playing a Vortex Occultist a little bit this league, I don't fully understand it that well yet though. I started my character following Zizaran's guide but this guide seems to cover a lot more.

When I browse poe.ninja, I see that many people are taking Malediction instead of Vile Bastion. I am not sure how to decide the value of the extra curse or not? If taking Malediction, would you drop Discipline or Malevolence if you couldn't reserve all 4 items (Enfeeble, Temp Chains, Disc, Malevolence) at once?

In the setup for the CI Auras/Defenses in this guide, the only curse is on a CWDT, so I am not sure how the Profane bloom is used for every pack, if there is no Blasphemy curse applied in the CI version?

"
Seldric_ wrote:
I've been playing a Vortex Occultist a little bit this league, I don't fully understand it that well yet though. I started my character following Zizaran's guide but this guide seems to cover a lot more.

When I browse poe.ninja, I see that many people are taking Malediction instead of Vile Bastion. I am not sure how to decide the value of the extra curse or not? If taking Malediction, would you drop Discipline or Malevolence if you couldn't reserve all 4 items (Enfeeble, Temp Chains, Disc, Malevolence) at once?

In the setup for the CI Auras/Defenses in this guide, the only curse is on a CWDT, so I am not sure how the Profane bloom is used for every pack, if there is no Blasphemy curse applied in the CI version?

Discipline and Malevolence are the two core auras, so I would drop Enfeeble.

I'll be updating this section of the guide, but the Profane Bloom works with the Despair from Witchfire Brew. It's not necessary for the CI build, but worth getting if you plan to go to Low-Life at all
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:

Thoughts?

IMO it's terrible. Low ES, only a 25% chance to apply on HIT, BUFFS enemies resistances all for what? To save a Frost Bomb cast which is done automatically on the wand. Pretty sure the increase in resistances is net negative in damage even WITH cold exposure. Also cold exposure does not stack.

Also consider the proc is only on HIT. Which means you need to directly cast Vortex, Cold Snap, or wait for Orb of Storms/Storm Brand to proc it (not your DoT) and even then it's only a 25% chance to activate. Meanwhile they have increased resistances if you are nearby (which you usually are because of Blasphemy or refreshing Vortexes). Pretty sure the helm is only somewhat ok if you are doing both cold and fire damage and at range.

EDIT: Consider with a proper helm you gain: 200 ES, 9% cold res pen up close at all times, influence mods. I think you are better off with Rime Gaze or a properly crafted Hubris Circlet.

The 50% increased resistance is the part of the helm to focus on, the rest is meaningless.

From what I understand, this applies to negative resistances as well. Meaning that with EE + Frostbite + exposure from frost bomb we have -120% resists being applied, any of that reduction that brings enemies below 0% will be increased by 50%. Can factor in Void Beacon for another -20% cold res and 25% curse effect from ascendancy for even higher negative resists. Can also swap out temp chains for elemental weakness to really maximize damage but this might be too much of a sacrifice.

I think comparing this 9% cold pen or 22% more cold multi is worth talking about.

Edit:

Using the calculations done in this thread as a reference

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ee0uau/eye_of_malice_calculations/
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by jdilly23 on Jan 7, 2020, 2:50:07 PM
I have 2 ex and a 5L shavs (got it 5 linked with 20 fusings). Is it worth switching to low life with only a 5L or should i try to get a 6L?
Last edited by Beeeaaast on Jan 7, 2020, 6:21:42 PM
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:

Thoughts?

I see a lot of people seem to forget that this %increased cold res on that helm works on negatives.
Also, your Frost Bomb is rarely debuffing in fights where the boss moves a lot + the autocasting sequence (cooldown). So if you don't have it on the wand, you can use this helmet and have a 100% cold exposure uptime (+ the gold res mp).
I used this helm until I got the "Cold Exposure on hit" on the wand and started using Prism. Then I swapped for -res Hubris. Otherwise I would have had too low ES.

///
About the league, got bored. Farmed couple of hundred extra exalts in Uber Elder, but nothing interesting to use currency on. Will do 36 at some point, but atm I'm done with the league.
Last edited by Escape_Artist on Jan 8, 2020, 7:30:19 AM
Hey sorry, I'm missing something. In the leveling uniques you suggest Nycta's what are you socketing in that flame dash?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info