[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

You need to use Prism Guardian or you need to respec your tree for some Reduced Mana Reserved nodes (below Zealot's Oath).
"
Laxxus wrote:
"

I threw a few alts on the wand and then got the t1 added lightning on the regal. How good is this wand and is it worth multi-modding? Or should I try to get a better wand? For context, I recently decided to roll this build and have around a 40 ex budget for the whole build. If I were to multi-mod this, what should the other mod be, besides the "trigger a socketed skill" mod?

Added damage to spells and "gain cold damage as extra chaos damage" only works on the hit but not on the DoT, so it is pretty useless for this build.

What you want besides +1 to cold spell gems is Spell damage, Cold Damage, Cold Damage over Time multiplier, Damage over Time.

Ah I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the help!
"
Laxxus wrote:
"

I threw a few alts on the wand and then got the t1 added lightning on the regal. How good is this wand and is it worth multi-modding? Or should I try to get a better wand? For context, I recently decided to roll this build and have around a 40 ex budget for the whole build. If I were to multi-mod this, what should the other mod be, besides the "trigger a socketed skill" mod?

Added damage to spells and "gain cold damage as extra chaos damage" only works on the hit but not on the DoT, so it is pretty useless for this build.

What you want besides +1 to cold spell gems is Spell damage, Cold Damage, Cold Damage over Time multiplier, Damage over Time.

Ah I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the help!
"
Gixxpunk wrote:
You need to use Prism Guardian or you need to respec your tree for some Reduced Mana Reserved nodes (below Zealot's Oath).

Yeah not gonna use that shield, it's just too bad :/ I'd lose much more replacing my current shield in favor of prism guardian than I'd gain from switching heretic's veil for a circlet.

Got some reduced reserved already, and would have to give too much good stuff up for so little going over to those nodes.

I guess the only solution is getting an unset ring for clarity, dropping tempest shield and pairing discipline up with a second enlighten 3 in the boots.
Last edited by Dekadence on Dec 29, 2019, 4:39:21 PM
"
Dekadence wrote:
"
Gixxpunk wrote:

Yeah not gonna use that shield, it's just too bad :/ I'd lose much more replacing my current shield in favor of prism guardian than I'd gain from switching heretic's veil for a circlet.

Got some reduced reserved already, and would have to give too much good stuff up for so little going over to those nodes.

I guess the only solution is getting an unset ring for clarity, dropping tempest shield and pairing discipline up with a second enlighten 3 in the boots.

Nothing will kill you anyway, so no need for %ES on block shield. Was thinking about it too in the beginning, but then went for Prism (easier to find +2 aura / +2 aoe gems corruption) because the best defence is offence.
I would personally think about rare shield if I would get my hands on something that has %ES on block, mana reservation, 350ES+.
Last edited by Escape_Artist on Dec 29, 2019, 4:49:40 PM
"
Escape_Artist wrote:
"
Dekadence wrote:
"
Gixxpunk wrote:

Nothing will kill you anyway, so no need for %ES on block shield. Was thinking about it too in the beginning, but then went for Prism (easier to find +2 aura / +2 aoe gems corruption) because the best defence is offence.
I would personally think about rare shield if I would get my hands on something that has %ES on block, mana reservation, 350ES+.

Yeah I agree, I was against the shield initially but it just makes everything work smoothly. ES shield only worth if its some godly one imo.

@Shak where you at dawg
Hey, could you check my profile and tell me am do i have my gems,gear and tree correct. If improvements i would like to know :) Thanks
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to gear up as I'm starting T13+ maps.
I've ~11ex in bank but I'm kinda lost on what I should focus on :
- switching to LL and buy Shav and PoC (6L or 5L ?)
- stay CI and buy a 6L Vaal Regalia ?

My POB : https://pastebin.com/jGgMPmiz

If you can gear check me and give me some advice I would be glad.

Thanks !
Last edited by Caedes_ on Dec 30, 2019, 4:10:24 AM
"
Caedes_ wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to gear up as I'm starting T13+ maps.
I've ~11ex in bank but I'm kinda lost on what I should focus on :
- switching to LL and buy Shav and PoC (6L or 5L ?)
- stay CI and buy a 6L Vaal Regalia ?

My POB : https://pastebin.com/jGgMPmiz

If you can gear check me and give me some advice I would be glad.

Thanks !

The very first thing I see is that your wand has 'add x to x cold damage' which is ill advised with elemental equilibrium. Everything else looked more or less ok. You could squeeze out more energy shield with some equipment upgrades like gloves, but its hardly essential.

On the tree, I've noticed a lot of folks forgoing some of the energy shield in the lower part where the Foresight cluster is. Instead, more damage nodes on the right side of the tree are taken like Growth and Decay and/or Entropy.

Also recommended would be to get a level 21 vortex, as every level is a huge damage upgrade.
Nice build so far for mapping, but I am getting deleted by bosses because there is literally no damage going from my side. I am 100% sure that I have 1 or 2 big mistakes in my tree or gear...but can not figure it out right now. Pretty angry about me getting killed by Sirus before I could even damage him to 3/4

The character in question is "EisgaMorph"
Would be glad if someone could point out some mistakes.

Currently updating my flasks, they are still from leveling process ^^
Last edited by Verfall777 on Dec 30, 2019, 8:52:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info