Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hey Shak and everyone,

awesome guide with great detail.

This may have been discussed, but I havent found it: can you elaborate on Empower (lvl4) as an alternate link for either vortex or cold snap?

Cheers
Last edited by ben_hure on Mar 9, 2021, 6:12:35 AM
Question:

I have prism guardian shield, but i still cant use the 3 auras that are put in the shield in the guide. I can only use 2.

What am i missing?

(i play low life and have all gear)
"
Kinkilicious wrote:
Guys i managed to craft this wand, so now i will be able to add a trigger mod and for the 2nd prefix should i add cold dot or increase spell damage?

The answer imo depends on the rest of your gear and skills. Try out both options in PoB, the results can differ significantly. For example, when I was looking for a new wand, even similar wands differed in DPS by hundreds of thousands. That is why I copied all the interesting ones into my PoB before buying to avoid any surprises.
Last edited by deimoss98 on Mar 9, 2021, 8:47:29 AM
Thanks for the build! Started in SSF and pushed to A8 pretty easily. Ended up migrating to really optimize the build and it's been a blast. Have done everything but The Feared and will try that soon. Crafted the gloves, belt and amulet thanks to some great guides in these comments. Think the amulet only cost around 7 ex to craft, got luck on the cold dot multi slam first time. Also made the switch to the non-curse aura cluster jewel as people have talked about here and that was a great change. I think my only upgrades left are a grabbing a vortex damage enchant helm (just been lazy), hatred/malevolence watchers eye, and double corrupted shavs/prism. Not sure if I wanna make the switch to a redeemer hubris circlet with -% cold res. Thanks for the guide and also people commenting here with great ideas. Here's POB:https://pastebin.com/qPdZ8YwZ

Last edited by AimHighWillis on Mar 9, 2021, 5:28:32 PM
"
AimHighWillis wrote:
Thanks for the build! Started in SSF and pushed to A8 pretty easily. Ended up migrating to really optimize the build and it's been a blast. Have done everything but The Feared and will try that soon. Crafted the gloves, belt and amulet thanks to some great guides in these comments. Think the amulet only cost around 7 ex to craft, got luck on the cold dot multi slam first time. Also made the switch to the non-curse aura cluster jewel as people have talked about here and that was a great change. I think my only upgrades left are a grabbing a vortex damage enchant helm (just been lazy), hatred/malevolence watchers eye, and double corrupted shavs/prism. Not sure if I wanna make the switch to a redeemer hubris circlet with -% cold res. Thanks for the guide and also people commenting here with great ideas. Here's POB:https://pastebin.com/L2UbFxs7

Your gear is properly insane. I just can't comprehend how you could get all that done in SSF.

> just been lazy

Yeah, right... XD
"
Roselan wrote:
"
AimHighWillis wrote:
Thanks for the build! Started in SSF and pushed to A8 pretty easily. Ended up migrating to really optimize the build and it's been a blast. Have done everything but The Feared and will try that soon. Crafted the gloves, belt and amulet thanks to some great guides in these comments. Think the amulet only cost around 7 ex to craft, got luck on the cold dot multi slam first time. Also made the switch to the non-curse aura cluster jewel as people have talked about here and that was a great change. I think my only upgrades left are a grabbing a vortex damage enchant helm (just been lazy), hatred/malevolence watchers eye, and double corrupted shavs/prism. Not sure if I wanna make the switch to a redeemer hubris circlet with -% cold res. Thanks for the guide and also people commenting here with great ideas. Here's POB:https://pastebin.com/L2UbFxs7

Your gear is properly insane. I just can't comprehend how you could get all that done in SSF.

> just been lazy

Yeah, right... XD

Haha, no I migrated from SSF after killing A8. I wanted to try the LL version and take build to the max cause I never dropped a Shavs! The belt/gloves/boots I crafted in SSF, bought or crafted rest of stuff after migrating.
Last edited by AimHighWillis on Mar 9, 2021, 4:14:24 PM
"
iamtrance wrote:
Can anyone help me with my character? I'm really new to PoE, and every time I think I am sort of understanding, everything goes to sh...

I was doing most bosses in T16 maps with no problems then I switched to CI and aside from the fact I die a lot more often, I am having a ton of problems killing said bosses...not sure what I did wrong or what happened.

Literally any help would be nice.

I am not sure where to go aside from "just upgrade your gear 4Head" ...

This is my BOP : https://pastebin.com/Y7bX2PMK

If youd rather hit me up on discord, my discord is thirdparty#5123

You have the trigger enchant on the wand but have not taken elemental equilibrium on the tree. doing that would nearly double your dps. That would put you around 400K on sirus level bosses, still well below the 1.2 - 1.3M top of the range for the CI version. So then you have a choice to stay in CI, continue to level and improve your gear and put a few passive points into your cluster jewel (right now it's not doing anything for you), or make the switch to LL

looking at your tree and gear in more detail another suggestion would be to go to an Intuitive Leap jewel (about 30c) and free up some nodes. probably the best way to see how a full budget CI setup looks is to go back to Shaks' POB, select the "final CI tree with cluster" for the passive tree, then drop off nodes from the right "end" of the tree until you get to the number of passives for your current level and select all the "SSF/budget" gear pieces in the items section

GL
Last edited by BigJules on Mar 10, 2021, 9:14:54 AM
"
AimHighWillis wrote:
Thanks for the build! Started in SSF and pushed to A8 pretty easily. Ended up migrating to really optimize the build and it's been a blast. Have done everything but The Feared and will try that soon. Crafted the gloves, belt and amulet thanks to some great guides in these comments. Think the amulet only cost around 7 ex to craft, got luck on the cold dot multi slam first time. Also made the switch to the non-curse aura cluster jewel as people have talked about here and that was a great change. I think my only upgrades left are a grabbing a vortex damage enchant helm (just been lazy), hatred/malevolence watchers eye, and double corrupted shavs/prism. Not sure if I wanna make the switch to a redeemer hubris circlet with -% cold res. Thanks for the guide and also people commenting here with great ideas. Here's POB:https://pastebin.com/qPdZ8YwZ

Can you briefly share the recipe for amulet? Do you roll +1 on both influenced bases and then use awakeners orb to combine? What if I roll +1 gem and let's say two mods which I do not like. Shall I get rid of them so I have only 1 mod on each bases which is +1 gem? Which influence do you use to keep and destroy? min ilvl?

Sorry if asked too much at once :D
"

Can you briefly share the recipe for amulet? Do you roll +1 on both influenced bases and then use awakeners orb to combine? What if I roll +1 gem and let's say two mods which I do not like. Shall I get rid of them so I have only 1 mod on each bases which is +1 gem? Which influence do you use to keep and destroy? min ilvl?

Sorry if asked too much at once :D

Hey not a problem to ask! I'm gonna link you the guide I followed that was posted like 10 or so pages back in comments. I literally just followed that exactly and had the amulet done in 30min. I got lucky and hit +1 Int in less than 20alts and hit cold dot multi first time with aug cold harvest craft, so maybe dont expect to do it that fast but it should be relatively easy. Also to add, the Awakeners Orb keeps an influence mod from each item (it can be rare or magic) and then rerolls new rare item with both influence mods. As long as there are only the 2 influence mods you want, its guaranteed to be those 2 and then random other affixes which you can hopefully target remove with harvest or using bench and crafting prefixes cannot be changed and scouring. Just follow that guide and you should be all good.

Spoiler
Currency and Items you will need for less than 10ex

Awakeners Orb (5ex Cost)

Buy any ilvl 85 Citrine Amulet with Hunter influence. This will be your base Amulet. (20-25 Chaos)

Buy any ilvl 82 Redeemer Amulet with +1 to Cold from trade (5-30 Chaos)

Buy 500-1000 Alterations if you don't have them (100-200 Chaos price keeps going up)

Steps on how to start crafting

1. Take your Hunter Influence amulet and alteration spam until you get +1 to Intelligence skill gems or just buy one for 3ex your choice.

2. Make sure both of your amulets only have one influence modifier I suggested above. This guarantees when you use Awakeners Orb you will have both + 1 to Intelligence and + 1 to Cold on your Citrine Amulet.

3. Right click the Awakeners Orb > Left click the Redeemers Amulet with + 1 to Cold > Left Click Hunters Citrine Amulet.

4. You should now have a ilvl 85 Double Influence Citrine Amulet with + 1 to cold and +1 to int.

5. The Awakeners Orb rerolled all of the stats on the amulet. So here is where you need to learn about tags because you might have some crappy suffix's or one prefix you don't want. As long as the suffix or prefix have tags that I will list below. They can be removed with harvest crafts. So don't worry we can fix it.

Tags that can be removed
Fire, Lightning, Attack, Critical, Physical, Caster, Defense, Life, Speed and Chaos (Notice I didn't put Cold, This can be tricky to remove since + 1 to cold can be removed using this tag. So if you run into situation where you need to remove cold send me a PM and I try to help you block from removing your + 1 to Cold.

Here is what my Amulet looked like after used the Awakeners orb

Adds (1-2) to (27-28) Lightning Damage to Attacks (Prefix)
+1 to Level of all Cold Skill Gems (Prefix)
+1 to Level of all Intelligence Skill Gems (Prefix)
13% increased Fire Damage (Suffix)
24% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier (Suffix)

8. I had remove Lightning and Fire in my Horticraft station already so I was able to remove those modifiers right away.

9. Now I have amulet that looks like this.

10. I bench Crafted 20% increased maximum Energy Shield. So now it looks like

15-20)% increased maximum Energy Shield (Prefix)

11. I farmed Harvest for 2 days trying to get Remove Critical but I never got it.

12. CAUTION THIS STEP IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS (Please ask questions if your not comfortable at this step)

This step should only be used if your comfortable with crafting. It can be used multiple times to get good suffix's without farming a ton of Augments, Removes, and Add crafts.

13. Before doing this step make sure the Prefix's are full and are the stats you want like above if preferred. Otherwise the craft will add a prefix if not full. Use Harvest craft "Reforge Rare Keeping All prefix's". It took me 5 crafts to get a good outcome.

13. Now the harvest Craft rerolled all of the suffix's and keep the prefix's intact. So it looks like this now.

15-20)% increased maximum Energy Shield (Prefix)
+47 to Intelligence
+30% Chaos Resistance

14. I wanted + Intelligence and Chaos Res so I am happy with this outcome. But I am still missing +16% to Cold Dot Multi.

15. Augment Cold (It will either hit Cold Res, Cold Damage or Cold Dot Multi)

16. If the Augment hits Cold resistance or Cold damage. I will need to Remove Chaos > Replace Bench Craft with "Prefix Cannot be changed" > Add Remove Cold till I get T1 Cold Dot Multi > Replace Bench Craft with 20% increased maximum Energy Shield again > Augment Chaos and Remove/ADD till I get T1 Chaos Resistance.

Final outcome
20% increased maximum Energy Shield (Prefix)
+47 to Intelligence (Suffix)
+35% Chaos Resistance (Suffix)
+16% to Cold Damage Over time Multiplier (Suffix)

Let me know if you have any more questions and good luck!
Last edited by AimHighWillis on Mar 10, 2021, 12:39:24 PM
Thanks a lot for the guide! I will follow it.

I did not know that +1 gem counts as influenced mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info