[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Running aspect of the spider now for extra damage. Have been wondering about using blasphemy again and dropping vitality level a bit, flesh & stone, and aspect of the spider in order to do it. Lower total damage, but i wonder if more consistent damage while fighting packs could be better survivability. Though losing the blind effect could make it worse in the end.
Hi, what can i do to get more damage? and should i add another notables to my cluster?
How come I can't use zealotry, hatred and malevolence? Seems like my HP is too low for some reason
Thanks to both of you. @roselan @stnikolauswagne I'm not a master of mechanics and I didn't really fully understand things. Especially what the heck chill is and how it's different from other ailments. I'm still mind blown that empower isn't more overpowered. But I guess it's like you said +levels are actually MUCH better at low levels. Like if you're level 20 and using a +1 level wand or something, but if your gem is level 23 and you're using a +3 levels gem it's just not worth it anymore.

Elemental overload means controlled destruction has no downside, and elemental focus has no downside because vortex just chills straight through elemental focus! I really need to buy an enlighten spell gem then so I can stop using skitterbugs, now that I see skitterbugs is LITERALLY worthless in my build/setup!!!

Sorry for clogging this thread with n00bs questions when most of this stuff is high level discussion.

One other question though, why no heart of ice? This build suggested heart of ice in it's screenshots when I first opened the thread when the league began (day1), but those passives have since been optimized and moved around. I get that heart of ice has useless leech, but isn't 6% cold resistance penetration still god tier?

My current plan is to keep heart of ice leveled up until I can find a trigger wand. I assume that's the reason the build no longer recommends heart of ice? elemental equilibrium kicks heart of ice's measly 6% penetration in the butt.

However since I'm still leveling (in act 10 atm) I don't have a trigger wand, and I want to save my respec points as long as possible so I don't end up respecing the same passive multiple times.

So I’m trying to finish off this sexy belt I crafted. Just wondering if it’s worth dropping one of our auras for Aspect of the Spider. Don’t think we could run all 4 correct? Trying to decide on aspect be just going for a T1 res. Thoughts?
"
namad wrote:

One other question though, why no heart of ice? This build suggested heart of ice in it's screenshots when I first opened the thread when the league began (day1), but those passives have since been optimized and moved around. I get that heart of ice has useless leech, but isn't 6% cold resistance penetration still god tier?

My current plan is to keep heart of ice leveled up until I can find a trigger wand. I assume that's the reason the build no longer recommends heart of ice? elemental equilibrium kicks heart of ice's measly 6% penetration in the butt.

However since I'm still leveling (in act 10 atm) I don't have a trigger wand, and I want to save my respec points as long as possible so I don't end up respecing the same passive multiple times.

Heart of ice is taken in levelling. But later on its 4 points being a lot to spare on the tree to get to it. But if you use Thread of Hope like some of us are then you can take just the main node for 1 point which is very worth it.
"
CuteMike4U wrote:

So I’m trying to finish off this sexy belt I crafted. Just wondering if it’s worth dropping one of our auras for Aspect of the Spider. Don’t think we could run all 4 correct? Trying to decide on aspect be just going for a T1 res. Thoughts?

You can't do all four with the guide's setup. Depends how much you are willing to fiddle and experiment though. I loved Aspect of Spider last league and am working toward it again - some of the guys posting here are using it. But you need to get into cluster jewels with discipline reduced mana reservation AND take all the nodes on the tree to reduce mana reserved.
What you guys think about AEGIS AURORA in this build? for CI version, of course....
"
kingkano wrote:
"
namad wrote:

Heart of ice is taken in levelling. But later on its 4 points being a lot to spare on the tree to get to it. But if you use Thread of Hope like some of us are then you can take just the main node for 1 point which is very worth it.

He actually removed heart of ice from the leveling guide on 1-22-2021 but I was following the guide from before that date.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2638949/page/1

Thread of hope makes a ton of sense!

HAHAHA. 4th by dps :)

And I still run a shitload of defensive stuff (No Witnesses, Aspect of the Spider, Vitality, Dread Banner, Clarity, Discipline, Fortify). But ok ok, my gear is slightly OP (just slightly!!). I still need a decent redeemer or redeemer+shaper hubris circlet, and some of my jewels could be better. After that I enter insane territory where each upgrade is 50-200ex.

I stop bragging here, Back to the mine ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info