[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
donbrawler wrote:
"
Haote wrote:
Hey thinking about dropping Tranquility for Charisma and taking aspect od Spider Is it worth it in the overall?
Great build! I have never had that much fun in a league.

Not worth it. Your better off using aura cluster to reduce mana.

The LL build can't have aspect of spider without sacrificing something?
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

Not sure what you meant by that but I didn't sacrifice anything to fit aspect of the spider.

I am running Tranquility with all LL auras with Discipline, Vitality and Lvl 20 Clarity. It just requires One Medium cluster with Self-Control notable and once I get Double Influence Hubris with Hypothermia I save a link and will add Flesh add Stone because I still have 450 mana.

Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 30, 2021, 2:02:56 AM
Just got my but kicked against the breachlords. Any suggestions for this fight?

Here is my POB:

https://pastebin.com/6XeKqxg7
"
Ma23ck wrote:
need help... I feel like i'm dying a lot and get one shots out of nowhere. Really infuriating. Been stuck at level 92 for a few days.

CI version of course

What can i improve??

Thanks

For path of building;

https://pastebin.com/UL0n6KHH

Something wrong with this dude's build? Right now I am at 12 watchstones and now going back to complete all map bonuses at T9 and lower so I haven't been close to pushing my current LL build to the max but it's kinda discouraging to hear multiple people say they have some trouble surviving with the build. He;s using the Ci version so he probably got a lot more than my 7k es
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Jan 30, 2021, 2:15:14 AM
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

Not sure what you meant by that but I didn't sacrifice anything to fit aspect of the spider.

I am running Tranquility with all LL auras with Discipline, Vitality and Lvl 20 Clarity. It just requires One Medium cluster with Self-Control notable and once I get Double Influence Hubris with Hypothermia I save a link and will add Flesh add Stone because I still have 450 mana.

I meant do we have to change anything from the guide's LL build in pob to add aspect of the spider?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Jan 30, 2021, 2:19:57 AM
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

I meant do we have to change anything from the guide's LL build in pob to add aspect of the spider?

yea, its a different tree using Cluster Jewels. You will need to remove block nodes and use Thread of Hope to add in the Cluster jewels.
"
lostpike wrote:

Here is my POB:

yeah, I got them, but only after they got me only last portal. Maven fight was a walk in the park in comparison.

Now, for the build survivability.

I did notice it does suffer quite a lot around lv 92 with CI. It's to the point that in blight league, after dying multiple times and failing minotaur, chimera and even elder, I said "this is not working". And rerolled... trickster. It's way more survivable, until lv98 and better gear that is (this another story lol).

The main issue of CI occultist early 90's is the lack of DPS. Things stay alive and have way more time to do bad things to you. That Why today I advise to go LL as soon as possible.

But when you are in that situation things spiral out fast: you don't have the dps to kill big money bosses, you lack the money to do big upgrades...

In CI, the lack of direct recovery mechanics is a major factor too ES on block but ES kill is actually more important. Fortify is way underrated too (with Shield charge or cyclone). Finally, true ailment immunity is WAY underrated. You can achieve 100% avoidance with
- Arcane Swiftness (20%)
- Bench craft on helm and gloves (25% each)
- and Elegant Form cluster notable (30%) (dodge cluster or better: megalomaniac)
- (Alternatively: Bench craft on body amour (35%), but it uses a precious prefix).

With CI you are immune to poison and other chaos dot. When immune to all effects but bleeding, your ES recharge will have a WAY more easy time to start. On that note, get a corrupted blood *fast* (or get fully bleed immune with a watcher eye. At league start my first watcher eye is always malevo bleed immune + discipline 40% faster es recharge start).

Then, maxing your recharge start time and using Vaal Discipline in hairy situation is key. In CI, there is no way I won't use Wicked Ward. All the faster start of ES recharge you can get.

Finally, raw ES is not to be underestimated. In CI I seldom go over 10k, but 10k help.

The most important source of deaths are bosses and jumping into packs. For bosses, DPS is the best solution most of the time (or git gud, but I'm too old for that :P) and fast recharge (get that watcher eye with 40% faster recharge time). For packs, Flesh and Stone in sand mode helps quite a lot, and going in drunk too (I mean change angles a bit don't run in a straight line).

But early 90s in CI is a harsh passage. Then suddenly you feel immortal.

ps: Temp chain is okayish, but temp chain with inc curse effect and mass chill and aspect of the spider is pure amazeballs. Nothing Moves (tm). And when they are ready to move, they get frozen by Frigid Wake. It fells like bullet time.
"
Roselan wrote:
"
lostpike wrote:

Here is my POB:

yeah, I got them, but only after they got me only last portal. Maven fight was a walk in the park in comparison.

Now, for the build survivability.

I did notice it does suffer quite a lot around lv 92 with CI. It's to the point that in blight league, after dying multiple times and failing minotaur, chimera and even elder, I said "this is not working". And rerolled... trickster. It's way more survivable, until lv98 and better gear that is (this another story lol).

The main issue of CI occultist early 90's is the lack of DPS. Things stay alive and have way more time to do bad things to you. That Why today I advise to go LL as soon as possible.

But when you are in that situation things spiral out fast: you don't have the dps to kill big money bosses, you lack the money to do big upgrades...

In CI, the lack of direct recovery mechanics is a major factor too ES on block but ES kill is actually more important. Fortify is way underrated too (with Shield charge or cyclone). Finally, true ailment immunity is WAY underrated. You can achieve 100% avoidance with
- Arcane Swiftness (20%)
- Bench craft on helm and gloves (25% each)
- and Elegant Form cluster notable (30%) (dodge cluster or better: megalomaniac)
- (Alternatively: Bench craft on body amour (35%), but it uses a precious prefix).

With CI you are immune to poison and other chaos dot. When immune to all effects but bleeding, your ES recharge will have a WAY more easy time to start. On that note, get a corrupted blood *fast* (or get fully bleed immune with a watcher eye. At league start my first watcher eye is always malevo bleed immune + discipline 40% faster es recharge start).

Then, maxing your recharge start time and using Vaal Discipline in hairy situation is key. In CI, there is no way I won't use Wicked Ward. All the faster start of ES recharge you can get.

Finally, raw ES is not to be underestimated. In CI I seldom go over 10k, but 10k help.

The most important source of deaths are bosses and jumping into packs. For bosses, DPS is the best solution most of the time (or git gud, but I'm too old for that :P) and fast recharge (get that watcher eye with 40% faster recharge time). For packs, Flesh and Stone in sand mode helps quite a lot, and going in drunk too (I mean change angles a bit don't run in a straight line).

But early 90s in CI is a harsh passage. Then suddenly you feel immortal.

ps: Temp chain is okayish, but temp chain with inc curse effect and mass chill and aspect of the spider is pure amazeballs. Nothing Moves (tm). And when they are ready to move, they get frozen by Frigid Wake. It fells like bullet time.

I appreciate the detailed response. However, I am running low life not CI.
Great guide! As a new player, I struggled for a while after switching to CI but it is getting better.

In the LL gearing section, it is mentioned that we should get Glancing Blows, but I can't see this passive nor Thread of Hope in the linked POB. I am using POB Fork.

Any help?
"
Nanasshi wrote:
Great guide! As a new player, I struggled for a while after switching to CI but it is getting better.

In the LL gearing section, it is mentioned that we should get Glancing Blows, but I can't see this passive nor Thread of Hope in the linked POB. I am using POB Fork.

Any help?

That part is probably out of date. Glancing blows is no good for this build now so it is not taken anymore.

Thread of hope isn't Shak's suggestion, but what a lot of posters are using here, to get different nodes and save points for cluster jewels.
Last edited by kingkano on Jan 30, 2021, 11:58:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info