The trade market is SO TOXIC!

OP you say you're staying in standard this league. I'd like to just point out to you how overpowered the amulet anoint from Blight can be. The only reason why I played Blight was to get the same amulet base as my standard character (shaper agate), and then add whispers of doom anoint (expensive, 1 black 2 golden, which I paid ~3 ex for).

Adding whispers of doom to my current build lets me use 2 curses instead of just assassin's mark. Now my 2nd hit on my standard character will do ~66% more damage than before.

Something to consider because I really don't see anoints moving to standard (I could be wrong, of course, and just wasted 20 hours getting the amulet).
"
sotton420 wrote:
...
Doesn't exist BOT on consoles, ONLY on PC version.


That's absoutely not the case. There are bots for every console game that they can be used for to make real-world money... They're out there. Their forums are active. They talk about their problems getting past certain protections, give advice on how to run them, share all their scripts and crap.

They are out there and they are running just fine.

Go ahead, do an internet search for them and you'll find them. Just be careful and surf safe, since sites that cater to those running around on the fringes of the law, or risking civil penalty, are often preyed upon by other less reputable types of their same calibre, too.

Disclaimer, since we're talking about stuff worth disclaiming - The only reason I know anything about any of that is because, like many players, I've seen it in action in the games I've played and have seen what they do in the shadows online in their forums and groups. They're out there and we, as gamers, need to realize that they do exist. Only when we scream and raise awareness to get the protections necessary to remove as many as we can will we ever know a game without them will feel like. That being said, some developers don't care much as long as they don't negatively impact the player's experience of the game. And, if they're keeping an in-game economy alive? A developer will largely ignore them unless hardpressed by their paying players. Bots ain't likely to buy a lot of MTX... :)

PS - There are games that have very strict controls and have taken some preventative measures against "bots." But, in cases where it's economically viable, real-live people will run farmers and scripts to exploit the game's economy and so they can make real-live money. Unfortunately, in large operations, these are people in economically disadvantageous situations that are often working in very harsh environments, sometimes under very real physical threat. There have been several documentary films on this problem. In its heyday, first with EQ, then a more industrialized version with WoW, some of the practices the people who ran these farms engaged in were literally inhumane. Those who work/worked in these places were treated like cattle. I don't think such an effort is being undertaken in PoE, but it's a profitable game and if someone can make money off of it, they're going to try.
Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 11, 2019, 1:41:21 PM
"
Emozi_ wrote:
Please do something about this GGG. Nevermind all the inconvenience and imperfection regarding the trade market system, the PLAYERS on this game are so toxic recently. There are so many beggars making same repetitive nonsense offers just to annoy the seller and some are adding malicious messages in all kind of languages because they're mad they got rejected.

The worst part of all this is that there's nothing the player can do except taking the item down from the market for some time. Even then, they somehow come back later to do the same thing over and over again after the item's been re-posted. All I can do is report and wait until you guys take action.

Can you please add some functions to block these toxic kids out immediately? Couple of simple solutions would be:

a) add block player button: this would make bidders way more responsible, since making crap offers all over the market would only ostracize themselves. If this is too far of a measure taken, at least allow to block same player bidding the same item repetitively for good. Not just having some timed restriction.

b) enable non-negotiable price: I don't really get why this is greyed out in the first place. If a player post it for 1ex, most likely that means the player wanna sell it for 1ex, not 3 chaos 20 chromatics and 100 scrolls. Yes, there are instances where you may want to give a bit of discount, but unable to use the non-negotiable price function is being abused by bidders just way too often.

Additionally, please remove the anonymity in the market. This, I believe is the root of this issue. Players don't need to be responsible for their offers or what they say because nobody knows who you are and your track record.

Anyway, I wanted to write this for a while now but I just put it aside. Until today, when some idiot made a 10chaos offer for my 220ish chaos and another one writing malicious stuff in portugese because I rejected 2chromatic and 10 SoW offer for enhance support.

Please GGG do something about this. Don't let toxic players drive out others.


Came here on forum to post exactly the same things you posted and then I've seen your post.
Agreed 100% on the problems and the solutions (especially the anonimous thing).
I also play standard so I exactly know what u are talking about.
There must be 1 maybe 2 guys that spend ALL their day offering like 20 chromatic, 3 portal scrolls and 10 transmutation for a six linked starforge.
I don't really bother cause I never answer and reject once every hour all those offers, but it makes me sad to realise how poor lifestyle must lie beneath those behaviour.
I mean, how is it possible to have fun spending ALL day (I swear, all day) on the trademarket of poe ps4 standard where maybe there are 20 people playing and u hold 0 chance to fool someone?
Who knows...

Just to add:

I have like 7 Dying Sun.
6 of them are priced in a range from 150ch to 2 ex (depending on the rolls), 1 is not priced cause I don't want to sell it.
Guess which Dying Sun gets most of the offers asking: Price????

Until GGG take care of these things here my suggestions:
Never answer when someone asks for the price of a Unique item, there are plenty on the market, if you ask for mine means that you want to lowball.

Ah last thing: I can keep al my damn stuff on a public stash, cause in my language NO PRICE TAG, means NOT FOR SALE. This for the guy yesterday that wanted to buy my Alluring bounty for 1 ex and when I told him that wasn't for sale he said: then you are trolling me letting me see it?
No dude it's not my aim, but now that I'm thinking about that, yes I like to troll lowballer like you.

Last last thing: to the clown who think that he can price fix Fossils on a market with 20 people: dude just lol.
I'm sure who play on ps4 standard know what I'm talking about.. This guy who price his pristine for 5 chaos and reject the offers, price his 4 serrated for 20 ch and reject the offers, price his annulment for 9 chaos and reject the offers. Wha a omegalol, he acts like he's playing in a huge market with huge investments when he's on a market of 20 people with his investment of 30 chaos..
Jeez pls take off the anonimity all of a sudden, I'm pretty sure behind all these behaviours there are 2 teen agers :)
Last edited by Asra101010 on Oct 14, 2019, 1:42:37 PM
"
Asra101010 wrote:
"
Emozi_ wrote:
Please do something about this GGG. Nevermind all the inconvenience and imperfection regarding the trade market system, the PLAYERS on this game are so toxic recently. There are so many beggars making same repetitive nonsense offers just to annoy the seller and some are adding malicious messages in all kind of languages because they're mad they got rejected.

The worst part of all this is that there's nothing the player can do except taking the item down from the market for some time. Even then, they somehow come back later to do the same thing over and over again after the item's been re-posted. All I can do is report and wait until you guys take action.

Can you please add some functions to block these toxic kids out immediately? Couple of simple solutions would be:

a) add block player button: this would make bidders way more responsible, since making crap offers all over the market would only ostracize themselves. If this is too far of a measure taken, at least allow to block same player bidding the same item repetitively for good. Not just having some timed restriction.

b) enable non-negotiable price: I don't really get why this is greyed out in the first place. If a player post it for 1ex, most likely that means the player wanna sell it for 1ex, not 3 chaos 20 chromatics and 100 scrolls. Yes, there are instances where you may want to give a bit of discount, but unable to use the non-negotiable price function is being abused by bidders just way too often.

Additionally, please remove the anonymity in the market. This, I believe is the root of this issue. Players don't need to be responsible for their offers or what they say because nobody knows who you are and your track record.

Anyway, I wanted to write this for a while now but I just put it aside. Until today, when some idiot made a 10chaos offer for my 220ish chaos and another one writing malicious stuff in portugese because I rejected 2chromatic and 10 SoW offer for enhance support.

Please GGG do something about this. Don't let toxic players drive out others.


Came here on forum to post exactly the same things you posted and then I've seen your post.
Agreed 100% on the problems and the solutions (especially the anonimous thing).
I also play standard so I exactly know what u are talking about.
There must be 1 maybe 2 guys that spend ALL their day offering like 20 chromatic, 3 portal scrolls and 10 transmutation for a six linked starforge.
I don't really bother cause I never answer and reject once every hour all those offers, but it makes me sad to realise how poor lifestyle must lie beneath those behaviour.
I mean, how is it possible to have fun spending ALL day (I swear, all day) on the trademarket of poe ps4 standard where maybe there are 20 people playing and u hold 0 chance to fool someone?
Who knows...

Just to add:

I have like 7 Dying Sun.
6 of them are priced in a range from 150ch to 2 ex (depending on the rolls), 1 is not priced cause I don't want to sell it.
Guess which Dying Sun gets most of the offers asking: Price????

Until GGG take care of these things here my suggestions:
Never answer when someone asks for the price of a Unique item, there are plenty on the market, if you ask for mine means that you want to lowball.

Ah last thing: I can keep al my damn stuff on a public stash, cause in my language NO PRICE TAG, means NOT FOR SALE. This for the guy yesterday that wanted to buy my Alluring bounty for 1 ex and when I told him that wasn't for sale he said: then you are trolling me letting me see it?
No dude it's not my aim, but now that I'm thinking about that, yes I like to troll lowballer like you.

Last last thing: to the clown who think that he can price fix Fossils on a market with 20 people: dude just lol.
I'm sure who play on ps4 standard know what I'm talking about.. This guy who price his pristine for 5 chaos and reject the offers, price his 4 serrated for 20 ch and reject the offers, price his annulment for 9 chaos and reject the offers. Wha a omegalol, he acts like he's playing in a huge market with huge investments when he's on a market of 20 people with his investment of 30 chaos..
Jeez pls take off the anonimity all of a sudden, I'm pretty sure behind all these behaviours there are 2 teen agers :)


Dude, listening to me: DOESN'T EXIST BOT ON CONSOLES, you can search on the HELL and you WILL NOT FIND.
I do a lot of currency flipping on PS4 Blight, because I consistently sell lower and buy higher than the competition (while still maintaining a small profit margin).

I get a lot of joke bids, e.g. I list 2 Ex and get a bid of 1 Engineer's Orb. Because I list Exalts for many different prices, I can get a lot of these in a row. I've received spam bids five times in a row before, but not on the same listing so much as someone spamming every Exalt offering in order.

I think trade anonymity is a mistake, and I think a block button is a good idea. But I also think name and shame should be permitted on the forums, even if I admit false accusations could cause complications. Given that GGG is against name and shame, anonymity makes sense (can't shame without a name), but at least a block button, please. Let us filter out spam bids.

I am however against fixed pricing. I think haggling is vital, not just for bidders but also for sellers. As a currency flipper there are lots of times I've erroneously overpriced a listing (usually a price that was, but is no longer, correct), and had a bid at a slightly lower price I've gladly accepted. I don't think I'd even get such offers if I wasn't at least close to the right price, but it's still totally fair and good, and shouldn't be eliminated.
A shining light in a sea of stagnant bong water.
RussiaGate breakdown: http://archive.is/W81DZ#p21979912

Last edited by Rachel_GGG on Sep 31, 2018 0:61:72 PM
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 15, 2019, 1:11:50 PM
I don't want to name and shame anyone.. No time for those things lol.
I just think that, especially for kids, anonimity encourage bad and obnoxious behaviour.
Especially in a very small community like ps4 standard, no one will ever risk to be recognised as a spammer/lowballer. Take away anonimity and I can assure you that I won't get any 20 alchemy offer for my 6linked starforge 35 times a day.
"
Asra101010 wrote:
Take away anonimity and I can assure you that I won't get any 20 alchemy offer for my 6linked starforge 35 times a day.


That'd be like giving a crank caller your home address.

Personally, i'm surprised at how many people are still discussing what changes they would like to see being implemented. I have long since given up on suggesting anything, based off of their output vs our input ratio.

I just started playing SSF to bypass the headache of trading and selling. It make's thing's alot less annoying. It's not an acceptable solution by any mean's but i just suck it up and accept it because the alternative is far too irritating.

I am hoping for big thing's come 4.0. I don't really expect to see much until then. Hopefully i won't be disappointed and my patience pays off.

One thing's for certain though. My day's of monetary support have maxed out until i once again feel like the game has a solid future. I really don't wanna toss money from the dock onto a sailing ship.

Anyhoo that's my 2 cents for another couple month's or so. Happy hunting to ya's!
"
SQUINT wrote:
"
Asra101010 wrote:
Take away anonimity and I can assure you that I won't get any 20 alchemy offer for my 6linked starforge 35 times a day.


That'd be like giving a crank caller your home address.



They don't mind about the name of the person who are bothering.. But they mind about bothering people without being recognised.
That's my opinion.
"
Asra101010 wrote:
I don't want to name and shame anyone.. No time for those things lol.
I just think that, especially for kids, anonimity encourage bad and obnoxious behaviour.
Especially in a very small community like ps4 standard, no one will ever risk to be recognised as a spammer/lowballer. Take away anonimity and I can assure you that I won't get any 20 alchemy offer for my 6linked starforge 35 times a day.
I'm not against lowballers, but there's a big difference between offering 4 Chaos when asking price is 6 Chaos, and offering 1 fossil for multiple Exalts. I get the impression that spammers are counting on an accidental accept rather than anything else. It's a disservice to actual lowballers to lump them in the same category as trade spammers.


BTW I realize that name and shame advocacy is very fringe and will never succeed with GGG, so even though I'm half-serious about it, it's only half. Not really worth pursuing, and I only mention it because it's directly related to anonymity. I hope you realize that GGG will never remove trade anonymity unless they charge their N&S policy.
A shining light in a sea of stagnant bong water.
RussiaGate breakdown: http://archive.is/W81DZ#p21979912

Last edited by Rachel_GGG on Sep 31, 2018 0:61:72 PM
Ye but I don't even consider lowballer whose are offering 5 ch instead of 7...
And ye I'm sure they hope for a mistake.. But did they realise that we have to double confirm the trade acceptation without any possibility to misclick due to the process of confirm (triangle + circle if I remeber correctly)?

Well I REALLY hope that they take out anonimity or, at least, give us the option to block people for 3 days.
I'm saying 3 days and not for good because they will never allow us to block someone for good cause already there are just a couple of dozen people playing ps4 standard.. If we can block someone for good, in their idea, the market will die in 3 days..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info