Blight Statistics: Notable Anointments and Ring Enchantments

lol I haven't even used oils on rings and can clear any content in the game easy
"
Asmosis wrote:
Ravenous horde seems a bit of an odd choice, perhaps just as a temp measure while leveling.

Reason being is you *really* want the rest of the passives in that group as well.
Ravenous Horde is really out of the way, most minion nodes being left side of the tree towards templar and scion. It's only convenient to spec into Ravenous Horde if you're playing Eldritch Battery (100% mana reserve).

Death's Attunement is next to minion instability so if you were picking that keystone, you'd path there anyway, or if you wanted double curse from the tree.

But since both are anointed equally often it means both seem "too much out of the way to spec into" for half the Necromancers.

Anyway I'd be more curious to see "top 3 neck annoints per ascendancy above lvl 80" otherwise all we see is levelling options and necro options (since they take 40%+ of all top level characters).
Last edited by Viktranka on Oct 7, 2019, 5:16:06 AM
Doterra wants to know your location
We still waiting for x2-x3 spawn speed
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
Ugh, I hope they don't nerf necros too much :(

Ravenous Horde is also probably chosen so often because it's in a really annoying to reach spot, even for normal necromancers.

Yes, Ravenous is a desired node in an annoying, to-many-points-to-get-to location when doing a life-based build. Of course everyone playing a necro is anointing it as soon as they can afford it.

I respec'd out of it as soon as I could anoint it. Free'd up 7 skill points.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
_DarkMan_ wrote:
I have one golden oil until today. This one I must use for the challenge if I want to complete them. So talking about amu or ring annointments with golden oils is just ridiculous!
Better use it on blighted map cuz that achievement requires one combo to be golden oil... So you tick "use golden oil" with it too.

The amount of "wallet warrior" challenges this league is ridiculous, I don't remember anything as bad previous couple of seasons... In Synthesis there was one to Synthesize a unique, that you could buy sub 5c.

In Legion the worst was to get 5-way timeless battle, thanks to headhunter abuse the price of emblems was much higher than a normal person could squeeze out of them. But you had to do it once, then farm 2-3 ways for the generals and stuff.

This one? Golden Oil. Blighted Map with Golden Oil. Blighted Map of every tier. (They never drop btw. People ran thousands of maps and got maybe a dozen or less Blighted Map drops.) Hundreds of chaos in Zana mods. Anoint blighted unique. Legion Sextant mod... friend burnt a few exalts on yellow and red sextants, never got it even once.

I heard it wasn't as bad since Abyss and "identify abyssal unique with 2 sockets" (bet darkness enthroned was going for exalts).

I got wings for 2 previous leagues, but definitely won't get them this one.

Maybe we would bother enchanting our rings with anything but cheapest crap if Blighted Maps were actually common and we'd be running them instead of selling for 50-120c if we even manage to find one. You have to run them in a group to be efficient and you need to pray nobody in that group plays a "server crash" spec.

I like the concept of the Blight itself but the crashes are extremely discouraging (just today crashed in Dark Forest map).

All of this is exactly why I quit doing challenges at 24. There is literally no point, for me, to try for more. Most of what's left is either to RNG ridiculous or impossible without building new characters to specifically do the task. Having said this, there are few more I can ding by simply playing, but make no mistake, even these require more time than I really want to spend playing the game. I don't want to level to 100 or do 525 atlas missions or repeatedly kill some boss, 50, 100, 150 times over. Talk about tedious and boring.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
All of this is exactly why I quit doing challenges at 24. There is literally no point, for me, to try for more. Most of what's left is either to RNG ridiculous or impossible without building new characters to specifically do the task. Having said this, there are few more I can ding by simply playing, but make no mistake, even these require more time than I really want to spend playing the game. I don't want to level to 100 or do 525 atlas missions or repeatedly kill some boss, 50, 100, 150 times over. Talk about tedious and boring.
Yeah well every season there are "endgame grinds" and "map grinds" and that's fine for ppl who go 40/40, but this season I counted around 30 challenges tops that are fine, after that it starts being as you said either complete lottery or extreme currency sink (so time sink to farm that currency, and this isn't legion where you could just glacier farm easily with any build).

I don't know why stuff like rogue exiles or blighted uniques must be "all of them" instead of let's say 70/75. Small leeway would allow people to not get stuck on unlucky streak of not getting that last one guy.

I think the challenge that requires to kill Shav with ES up and then another guy with double curse up is mocking me since I played chaos dot Occultist that is perfect for it 2 seasons ago (but then got dumpster level nerf).

That reminds me, GGG pls update Occultist and Elementalist. More ppl play spellcaster Hiero / Trickster / Assassin than actually the 2 Witch ascendancies that are meant for spellcasters.

Elementalist is only going strong thanks to golem focus, so it's just another pet build meta next to Necro, with slightly different flavour.
"
Topping out the charts is Ravenous Horde. You'll note this notable is almost topping the chart when we don't account for "cost" as well. It means that this notable is very powerful, players generally are willing to pay the cost, and it could suggest that we've undercosted the notable (in terms of what oils are required to anoint it).

That's a failed analysis. To understand the reason players go for certain anointment you have to look at the point cost of pathing to that node and what other benefits that path may grant you. Players plan their path to maximize benefits to their build and avoid going for inefficient nodes. The anointment cost is irrelevant past a certain point in the game. Only the point efficiency matters.

In the case of Ravenous Horde it is in a terrible location with no other benefits to most summoners making the path inefficient. This is why it is very often anointed.

The same thing goes for Death Attunement, if you are not going for minion instability you end up saving 7 points by attuning this node.

To further reinforce that it's not the cost but the total point cost that players look at see the 3rd most anointed notable: Whispers of Doom. While expensive at 2 golden+1 black oil it is really out of the way for most builds making the anointment very worthwhile. Another very expensive node that you don't see on the chart is Soul of Steel, that one is also expensive but it's near nodes that are useful to many builds so pathing there is not as big of a deal.
IGN: Nysala
If golden oils were even close to the rarity ratio suggested by how many were used this would be a better league mechanics.

Not sure why they even did the numbers on rings i'm surprised anybody used a golden oil on a ring, 3ex for an enchant that doesn't really do anything seems like the province of RMT to me.
i'm nearly lvl 97 with my char and have played for 5 days (in hours: 120!!!!!!! without afk maybe 100), and i have never seen a silver or golden oil. is this how this game is meant to be played? btw: had 1 ex drop....

i know this game is made for streamers and people without a job, but drop rates this league are ridiculous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info