[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
GutiElMago wrote:

Hi I've just started this build a few days ago, still trying to figure out how to get enough STR without losing a bunch of dps, is the militant faith jewel can be used as a workaround instead of lethal pride, it's almost 1.5ex difference, and every bit of money counts while i save for the Watcher's eye jewel :)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Lethal pride will give you the most strength, gearing for militant faith is more difficult because you can't get the easy strength bonus from lethal pride.

The best budget option is to anoint your amulet with utmost might, with decent strength rolls on the rest of your gear you should be okay, another okay budget option is to pick an shaper amulet that has reduced global attribute requirements (Items and Gems have (11–15)% reduced Attribute Requirements)
72k chest with vaal RF. How are people hitting well over 100k? Any easy stuff I'm missing?
"
gromkins wrote:
72k chest with vaal RF. How are people hitting well over 100k? Any easy stuff I'm missing?

72 vs normal mobs or Shaper?
"
faytte wrote:
"
gromkins wrote:

72 vs normal mobs or Shaper?

Shaper

Here's my config:

Spoiler
72K chest on shaper without low life is pretty damn good. I think the only person that was reporting numbers over 90K without being LL was using shock values that were not realistic. You could certainly get more with a bottled faith and a few other things, but I don't think it be a night & day difference. I think the only way you push further than that reasonably is going low life, but at that point you will drop energy shield and start taking chaos damage again.

I'm trying to math out a way where I can move to low life without a big hit to my energy shield (I'm currently at 9.6K energy shield) on my budget. Moving from a 264 es shield down to guardian prism and loosing another 300 ish on my chest to go to shavs is only made up a little bit by moving from fenumus to proper boots.

My guess is using a bunch of abyssal + ES jewels is the key, along side double ES rings (drop mark of the shaper) and a amulet similar to yours instead of astramentis.
Last edited by faytte on Jan 15, 2020, 4:04:07 PM
"
faytte wrote:
72K chest on shaper without low life is pretty damn good. I think the only person that was reporting numbers over 90K without being LL was using shock values that were not realistic. You could certainly get more with a bottled faith and a few other things, but I don't think it be a night & day difference. I think the only way you push further than that reasonably is going low life, but at that point you will drop energy shield and start taking chaos damage again.

I'm trying to math out a way where I can move to low life without a big hit to my energy shield (I'm currently at 9.6K energy shield) on my budget. Moving from a 264 es shield down to guardian prism and loosing another 300 ish on my chest to go to shavs is only made up a little bit by moving from fenumus to proper boots.

My guess is using a bunch of abyssal + ES jewels is the key, along side double ES rings (drop mark of the shaper) and a amulet similar to yours instead of astramentis.

I'm at 148k without shock ticked, so you can certainly take this a lot further even on CI.
I could even go for coward's legacy if I wanted to desperately push more damage, but I prefer the survivability a proper belt offers.
Last edited by blingi on Jan 15, 2020, 4:10:18 PM
"
blingi wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

I'm at 148k without shock ticked, so you can certainly take this a lot further even on CI.
I could even go for coward's legacy if I wanted to desperately push more damage, but I prefer the survivability a proper belt offers.

Don't you need some CDR with tailwind and onslaught? Puts aps well over 6.06
"
gromkins wrote:
"
blingi wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

Don't you need some CDR with tailwind and onslaught? Puts aps well over 6.06

I'm at 6.03 aps now after divining some of my jewels to have less AS.
I dropped unnatural instinct and am not getting any AS clusters from the tree.
"
blingi wrote:

I'm at 6.03 aps now after divining some of my jewels to have less AS.
I dropped unnatural instinct and am not getting any AS clusters from the tree.

You are using arc? Does that even get the same amount of hits for es generation? Sorry I only glanced over discussions of arc back in the thread.
"
blingi wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

I just imported your character. Swapping your chest to ball lighting (21/20) and ticking on your flasks, 3 stacks of web, conc ground, moving your awakened ele focus to level 5, I see your damage is 112K shaper with vaal righteous fire active.

That is still impressive, but I don't see how you are getting to 140K.
Also while opting for awakened added lightning over slower projectiles will result in more sheet damage, it will result in your balls moving faster and getting less hits on enemies (and likely a damage loss). Not sure if you had added lightning over slower projectiles because you were using double arc though. With slower projectiles you are down to 99K, which is still very impressive.

I would also mention to everyone that some of the calcs I see are a bit misleading for shaper/sirus. While benefit of the doubt should be checked on exposure type, none of these fights are triggering cast when damage taken that often so the uptime of exposure is going to be incredibly limited.

It might be better for these fights to get rid of immortal call in the damage while taken set up (if your skill and survival allows for it) and replace that red gem socket with spell totem(high enough level that cast when damage taken will not cast the totem), and manually cast the totem as these bosses do not move around much. Your Cast when Damage taken should still trigger when damage to resummon golems and cast your wave manually,but totem will be there to keep exposure up.

<edit: I was stupid and forgot how cast on crit worked>
Last edited by faytte on Jan 15, 2020, 5:57:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info