[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

I got my thread of hope to work in POB by editing the gem as follows:

{crafted}allocates light eater

This seems to work for the major passive nodes. The one minor node attached to Disciple, even though i typed it out as above, it does not seem to show on the tree, however, the numbers still reflect the change.

Hope this helps some people.
"
FriX wrote:
"
blingi wrote:
How does the Ball Lightning fires an additional projectile enchant work with CoC?
Which of the 3 BL enchants (aoe, damage, projectile) is the best for this build?

You shoot 4 projectiles instead of 2, i'd say its the best of them all, basically double leech and double dps

Pretty sure that's not how DPS with BL works. The damage is split between those 4 projectiles. For single target, 40% more damage is better. If you want better AoE clear for mapping, use more projectiles. If two more projectiles literally doubled your damage, you would use GMP as well and skyrocket your DPS. This build and any other projectile build would be absolutely insane if that were the case. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Anointedone on Jan 4, 2020, 9:57:10 AM
"
FriX wrote:
"
blingi wrote:
How does the Ball Lightning fires an additional projectile enchant work with CoC?
Which of the 3 BL enchants (aoe, damage, projectile) is the best for this build?

You shoot 4 projectiles instead of 2, i'd say its the best of them all, basically double leech and double dps

Are you sure? That would be insane. I see more people on Poeninja using 40% damage than additional projectile.
I started to use GMP occasionally and it feels SUPER strong for clearing maps fast, anybody has some data on how much single target dps loss that is? Also in which slot would you rather put GMP? Chest or Mjölnir?
"
Shigesato wrote:
I started to use GMP occasionally and it feels SUPER strong for clearing maps fast, anybody has some data on how much single target dps loss that is? Also in which slot would you rather put GMP? Chest or Mjölnir?

I put it in Mjölner since it's more than enough to clear trash and I don't lose as much single target this way.
On maps with bad mods I gem swap for metamorphs if I remember it.
"
blingi wrote:
"
FriX wrote:
"
blingi wrote:

Are you sure? That would be insane. I see more people on Poeninja using 40% damage than additional projectile.

I think the leech of life doubles but there is no additional damage, correct if I'm wrong.
Last edited by moby010 on Jan 4, 2020, 12:52:22 PM
the build works perfectly for mapping also in T16, the problem is the single target, the bosses in T16 die really slow not and the metamorphs even worse . What can I do to improve the single target? This is my pob:https://pastebin.com/aV53AQHR
So finally finished gearing the character, I'm mostly just missing lvls, gear will probably stay the same, was able to get res balanced for wise oak too for a bit more mitigation.
Clear/single target is pretty good, metamorphs die in a few seconds in t16, conquerors a bit more than that. My only complaint is that the cost/power ratio could be better, luckily had currency to burn.
My gear at the moment:
Last edited by metamo666 on Jan 4, 2020, 3:26:41 PM
"
dado_hd wrote:
the build works perfectly for mapping also in T16, the problem is the single target, the bosses in T16 die really slow not and the metamorphs even worse . What can I do to improve the single target? This is my pob:https://pastebin.com/aV53AQHR

You've annointed Utmost Might on your amulet, you are missing 20% MORE DPS from anointing Tranquility, get a lethal pride jewel.

You have Innervate and GMP in your Mjolner, you are missing out on a lot of damage.

Double check your lightning resist is HIGHEST so you are actually benefiting from the pen.

I have shittier gear than you and I'm blazing through bosses, just did Awakener deathless with only 2 storms spawned
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Jan 4, 2020, 4:11:02 PM
So for anyone not wanting to shell out for unnatural instinct, is really does not seem worth while in this build. If you build toward Retribution (which most passive builds I've seen include) then instead of spending the three passive points to move from Harrier to unlock the Unnatural Instinct gem slot, you can instead just buy the 3 Green nodes south of Retribution (two 'Attack and Cast Speed, Accuracy' nodes and the large 'Precision' node).

By comparison:
Unnatural Instinct would net you:
5 Int
5 Dex
14% spell damage
13% attack speed
24% accuracy
9% movement speed

Buying the three suggested nodes above gives you:
20 Dex
22% accuracy
12% attack speed
4% movement speed

1% attack speed does not change anything in PoB, and the 2% difference in accuracy does not seem to alter anything (semi made up bu the extra 30 accuracy the extra dex gives in the nodes)

4 exalts does not seem like a wise purchase for 14% spell damage and 5% movement speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info