[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

https://pastebin.com/9ZzEra5w

Anyone able to help me out? I love this build but seem to die before I can melt conquerors. Any tips appreciated!
"
jusstin1 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/9ZzEra5w

Anyone able to help me out? I love this build but seem to die before I can melt conquerors. Any tips appreciated!

Your gear is pretty decent already, and you have plenty of health. Get a couple good 3 stat jewels in your tree and get some more levels and you'll be doing even better. You might try replacing your shaper ring with one with physical damage on it, and your swords could yet be better.. but honestly, you shouldn't have any trouble with conquerors where you're at already. As soon as the bosses' health bar shows, pop all 4 pots, pop your doubles, throw down totem, then vaal totem, and go ham with Double Strike. A t16 conqueror or metamorph should fold like laundry.
Which aura i need to use Hatred or Pride sir ?
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
FezuPapa wrote:
Hi there! So i'm now lvl 93 and enjoying the build more than ever, the elder was such a piece of cake
But now i'm a bit struggling with my build, i'd like to improve my damages, but dunno what I should go for ...

So here is my current gear :

Spoiler

I'm about to change my current belt for a stygian vise, my weapons aren't the best but i didnt found anything better (standard league)
My goal is to kill the uber elder for the first time and i'd like to archieve this with my assassin. Survavibility is kinda ok but i still need 3 more life nods.
So maybe do you have any advice to improve my gear before the big fight against uber elder ?

Here is also my POB if you want to check : https://pastebin.com/BG4KEarB

PS : I've trained a lot against the shaper and elder (also looted the celestial hideout!)

I'd say gloves first. Get a pair with attack speed and some added physical damage and 70+ life. Resists are good too. Then replace your ring and ammy with better physical damage and try for really great resists. Get a vermillion ring if possible for the base. Then the belt and try for high life and strength on it. Get a Starkonja helm with a good double strike enchant on it if possible and replace that 290 dps sword. If you can find solid upgrades for all those, UElder should be much more forgiving. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your answer, 'been busy these day couldnt answer :)
Kinda hard to find a decent weapon in standard but i'll do my best, guess i'm going to farm some currency lol :)
So I am liking the looks of this build for the next patch. Quick question, is it not possible to do with claws vs swords. The nodes seem the same for your damage but I am assuming that the Pdps for the swords outweighs claws by a long shot. Could it be done or will you hit wall with the endgame? Thanks in advance.
"
BluffCop wrote:
So I am liking the looks of this build for the next patch. Quick question, is it not possible to do with claws vs swords. The nodes seem the same for your damage but I am assuming that the Pdps for the swords outweighs claws by a long shot. Could it be done or will you hit wall with the endgame? Thanks in advance.

It can definitely be done. I was all claws back when I played frost blades, last time with that was Betrayal league. Claws are just at a disadvantage in multiple ways. They are harder to craft due to casting mods. The sword nodes on the tree are better. They are usually slower. You can't leap slam with a claw, and as much as I love whirling blades, leap slam is just tons more useful. You do have higher crit chance with a claw, which is good for longer boss fights, but overall, swords will still outperform and cost lots less.

When I finally gave up on claws, I switched late league and just regretted the claw nodes for sword nodes. You can certainly start with claws and see how you like it, and once you're in maps, you can sim it on PoB and see how claws vs swords cost at that point and what you like better. There are plenty of good leveling claws too, especially Wasp Nest being super cheap for a great starter mapping weapon.
Hey man I tried your build it's very good but i got some questions for you. I hope you will find a bit time to answer me.

I think I got a good items for this build but I have only 1 mln dps. Can give me some advices how can I gain more dps and may be what I should change to get more deffensive stats:)

And if you want PoB https://pastebin.com/30VeunEY
"
Egoeast95 wrote:
Hey man I tried your build it's very good but i got some questions for you. I hope you will find a bit time to answer me.

I think I got a good items for this build but I have only 1 mln dps. Can give me some advices how can I gain more dps and may be what I should change to get more deffensive stats:)

It's decent starter gear, but it's just not there yet. You're missing life nodes, missing life % and attack speed on jewels, hit chance is only 96%, missing physical damage and multi on gear, no double strike stat on helm, not using a stygian vise, and most your gems aren't 20 yet. Oh, neither sword has multiplier or chaos damage either.

Just keep making those incremental upgrades, especially to accuracy and get 100% hit chance, and test each new piece in PoB before you buy it. Fresh league in about 3 weeks!
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Egoeast95 wrote:

It's decent starter gear, but it's just not there yet. You're missing life nodes, missing life % and attack speed on jewels, hit chance is only 96%, missing physical damage and multi on gear, no double strike stat on helm, not using a stygian vise, and most your gems aren't 20 yet. Oh, neither sword has multiplier or chaos damage either.

Just keep making those incremental upgrades, especially to accuracy and get 100% hit chance, and test each new piece in PoB before you buy it. Fresh league in about 3 weeks!

Thanks a lot man
The new league looks insane! Nothing specific that will affect this build yet, but I will update as it progresses. Tons of new notables, surely a few that will make great new options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info