[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
darkvanitas wrote:
if I use paradoxica do i still need double strike double damage enchant? Thanks in advance

You don't need it, but it would help a lot since you're not dual wielding Paradoxica. I hadn't even thought of that conundrum, Paradoxica already deals double damage, so the double damage enchant is half as effective when using one of them. Probably still a good amount better than the other enchants. PoB is your friend!
"
katuwrat wrote:
Spoiler
Hi,

thanks for the fun build you have created.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/nFyHmkaQ

I am playing on the PS4 so things are a bit more expensive for me,
currently I sank around 20Ex into this build.

Better gear is even more expansive, so I am kinda stuck at my current state. And most of the nice gear (like boots with fortify support or a chest with Maim) are just not available on the market. I am still new to the game so I haven't really tried to craft my own stuff yet.

I am currently giving level 92 another try, but I already have given up on defeating Sirus.

Maybe you have some tips for me?

Currently I am considering changing the `Melee Damage` + `One Handed Melee Damage Node` (on the left of `Born to Fight`) with `Dual Wield Damage and Accuracy` + `Finesse` (on the left of `Aspect of the Panther`).

First thing I'd suggest is a PC. Sorry, had to say it, haha.

Get your Atziri's Promise and a Diamond Flask of Heat. 2 big but cheap upgrades. Next, is an asssassin's mark on hit ring super uncommon on the PS4 also? Bummer if it is. Get a good rare amulet with the recommended stats. The one you have is a waste. Get Tribal Fury on it if possible. Idk the market of the PS4, but it sounds rough.

You could go for Finesse, but only if upgrading your gear for for better accuracy isn't plausible. I see you have Path of the Warrior but not Strongarm, you should switch those right away.

Best of luck!
Spoiler
"
Pol-kun wrote:
"
FezuPapa wrote:
"
Pol-kun wrote:
Hello,

I have a question regarding the gems for Flicker Strike.
I can see that you suggested Ancestral Call Support for one of the support skills in the Main Skills but for the Gem Links and Gear the one equipped is Melee Physical Damage Support.
Which one is better in your opinion? I actually just saw Ancestral Call Support now that I've looked at your guide again, I've been using Melee Physical Damage Support since I've tried your build.

Thanks!

Your answer is in the 'anointement section' :)

"
Anointments

My Anointment of choice to start is Ambidexterity. Unless you need more accuracy, Ambidexterity will be the superior choice for damage and speed. Blademaster and Honed Edge are also great choices, but Ambi provides the biggest dps increase if accuracy isn't an issue.

If you have the currency though, Tribal Fury is definitely the best choice. It grants 12% increased Melee Damage and 'Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy', allowing you to remove Ancestral Call from your setup entirely. It costs an Opalescent, Silver, and Golden Oil, which is much cheaper now in 3.9.

Ohhh okay, thanks! might have missed that. I've been playing for a week now so some of the things don't make sense to me unless I search for it and yeah reading some posts here on the forum.

Someday, in the distant future, maybe I will make a video guide that lays out the build step by step, from gearing, leveling, mechanics, etc. Stranger things have happened
Last edited by roguemjb on Feb 7, 2020, 6:43:48 PM
Thanks for the reply.

"
Get your Atziri's Promise and a Diamond Flask of Heat. 2 big but cheap upgrades.

I am not sure how comfortable the play is without a Life Flask. Have to give it a try ...

"
Get a good rare amulet with the recommended stats. The one you have is a waste.

I noticed that I didn't configure `leeching` in PoB, so it should give me a boost of ~90k damage for now. If I understand correctly I should always be leeching (as long as no map mod prevents it).
Of course a better amulet could provide me wih some more life and up to additional 60k damage.

"
Get Tribal Fury on it if possible

That will cost me around 2-3 Ex and I have to recheck that my mana pool can sustain that (I did use Righteous Decree to componsate for that).

"
Next, is an asssassin's mark on hit ring super uncommon on the PS4 also?

I have seen some, but nothing that matches my requirements yet. Browsing the trade board isn't very fun :(, but it looks like I'll need to play Path of Economy for a while.
Found this baby on the tradeboard:

Two-Stone Ring (Fire/Cold)
+18% to Fire and Cold Resistances
Adds 6 to 12 Physical Damage to Attacks
8% increased Rarity of Items found
+39% to Fire Resistance
+46% to Lightning Resistance
Curse Enemies with Level 12 Assassin's Mark on Hit
+53 maximum Life

looks very nice, but 20 Ex ... can't afford that

PoB doesn't seem to pick up Assassin's Mark on it own,
so I had to add it as a gem, + ~500k Damge if thats correct :)

---

One more question:

"
Diamond Flask of Heat

Why `of Heat`? Freezing doesn't seem to be much of problem for me currently. Bleeding is quite bad, especially in Lab's.
"
katuwrat wrote:
Spoiler
Found this baby on the tradeboard:

Two-Stone Ring (Fire/Cold)
+18% to Fire and Cold Resistances
Adds 6 to 12 Physical Damage to Attacks
8% increased Rarity of Items found
+39% to Fire Resistance
+46% to Lightning Resistance
Curse Enemies with Level 12 Assassin's Mark on Hit
+53 maximum Life

looks very nice, but 20 Ex ... can't afford that

PoB doesn't seem to pick up Assassin's Mark on it own,
so I had to add it as a gem, + ~500k Damge if thats correct :)

---

One more question:

"
Diamond Flask of Heat

Why `of Heat`? Freezing doesn't seem to be much of problem for me currently. Bleeding is quite bad, especially in Lab's.

You should definitely use a life flask, of course. I use the below flasks. Sin's Rebirth is a good flask to use instead of one of these. The Heat flask is essential. There are many cold mobs that can freeze you and then there's strongboxes, unless you're identifying all of them and checking for freeze, but why bother?

And holy hell, that is not a 20 ex ring. Good lord. I couldn't afford that either!
hey thanks for the guidance, i've updated some stuff please take a look. I still feel like I'm low on damage.

https://pastebin.com/mxkJZp0k
"
hey thanks for the guidance, i've updated some stuff please take a look. I still feel like I'm low on damage.

https://pastebin.com/mxkJZp0k

Your amulet is decent, but you want to get at least 30% multiplier on it. Your vermillion ring has great resists, but has no offensive stats. getting physical damage on it will help a lot. Your ass mark ring is okay, but keep an eye out for a better one, hopefully with phys damage. Your belt is decent again, but you can get higher life with a chunk of strength on there to push it further.

On your tree, you still have a couple of nodes that go nowhere. Get rid of the point going to Strong Arm and put it into Sleight of Hand. Get rid of the 4 points on Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Panther and put those into Blade of Cunning. Also, your PoB says you're 88 but have only used 108 points, so I would plug that unused point into Path of the Warrior for now, until you have finished pathing to Strong Arm, which should be your next goal. Just these tree changes increases your dps on VDS from 3.1 mill to 3.5 mill.

Sup dude I love the build, having a ton of fun (in standard). I just had a question regarding running awakened melee splash vs multistrike for flicker skills. Whats the advantage to 2nd splash?

Also I have my hit capped finally but not sure i can take off my honed edge for something better without losing it.

Anyways thanks dude!
"
Cøpe wrote:

Sup dude I love the build, having a ton of fun (in standard). I just had a question regarding running awakened melee splash vs multistrike for flicker skills. Whats the advantage to 2nd splash?

Also I have my hit capped finally but not sure i can take off my honed edge for something better without losing it.

Anyways thanks dude!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

You can just copy your amulet from in game and edit it to take off the anoint. You can't edit the gear already in your build though, but you can just copy a second one over, basically. But Tribal Fury is super important, even more than being 100% hit. Your gear is solid, I bet you're still at 100% chance anyway.

You always want Splash on Flicker, it can't be replaced. Awakened isn't much of an upgrade on it. Awakened Melee Physical Damage is a huge upgrade though, and that's why it was 70 ex or something. Same with Multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info