[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

Is there no leveling tree suggestions in the guide, or did I just completely miss them?
"
Sevreth72 wrote:
Is there no leveling tree suggestions in the guide, or did I just completely miss them?

Get the sword nodes first, then crit above Shadow starting point, then life wheel near Scion starting point.
Also you can level using Flicker at lv 28. Just equip 2 Lakishu's Blades with these gem setups:
FS-Melee Splash-Melee Phys
Vaal Dual Strike-Melee Phys-Ruthless
This melts anything before lv 38 where you can equip Multistrike gem.

I also have few more questions:
1) Are there any no-no map mods?
2) Can this build run any map, HOGM included?
3) Lots of FS builds use Farrul's Fur, but I completely don't understand it's mechanic. Can someone please explain it to me?
4) Is it ok to drop the 3 points from life wheel near Thick Skin node so I can grab all +1 Frenzy nodes? This costs like 400hp.

Also I owe the creator an apology. I thought it was re-re to 6-link VDS rather than FS on a FS build, but from how it plays thus far there's absolutely no issues with that setup. VDS+Ancestral Warchief melts any single target and 4-link FS destroys packs. Very enjoyable so far :)
Last edited by sqvirel on Jan 24, 2020, 4:23:17 PM
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
FezuPapa wrote:
Hi! I was looking for a build using Flicker strike and this one looks pretty good.

But before leveling a new char etc I had some questions :

Is this build strong enough to speed farm T16 and having fun without getting OS at every boss of every map ? lol
Is it possible to get decent damage / survivability on a "low budget" (I mean like ~6ex) for mapping ? (I just want to be sure)

And finally i'm playing only on standard mod so.. I don't really care about those huge metamorph and don't really want to do endgame boss with this build, just having fun and kill conquerors for exemple.

Thanks if you answer to my questions, have a nice day !

1. Yes, absolutely. I don't even look at mods on the metamorph, only the rewards.
2. Yes, this is a great league starter, and you can easily upgrade as you go.
3. Conquerors are nothing compared to a juiced up t16 metamorph, you will slaughter them easily.

Have fun!

Thanks a lot for you reply, well, I'm going for this build ! You convinced me.
Now there is no leveling section but i'll try it on my own. :)

"
QkiPie wrote:

Wondering whether anointing this with Tribal Fury is worth the price for the oils. I was thinking of getting the best possible one before the anoint but eh, it seems ok?

It's a pretty nice ammy and oils are cheap. Better to enjoy using Tribal Fury on a pretty nice ammy than waiting forever for the perfect ammy.
"
Foridin wrote:
This is a wonderful build! I switched over to it from a pure flicker build, and this still clears 80% as fast, while killing bosses in a tenth of the time, and dying far less often. Right now I'm thinking this is what I'm gonna stick with for the rest of the league.

Also, it's possible I'm undervaluing attack speed, but I'd put in a word for using Shaper's Touch with this. Even with basically no attributes on gear (just the dex from Starkonja and a few int to hit the req) it's a solid +80 flat life, like +100 mana, which is nice for either having more flexibility with no regen maps or another couple gem levels on precision, and most importantly, 60%+ increased damage on both double strike and flicker strike. Very affordable, even with a +1 frenzy corrupt, and I'm having trouble finding gloves that beat it without getting into multiple exalt territory. Pretty solid for a 30-50c unique.

Great to hear! That is exactly the goal, to boss well and clear well. And totes, Shaper's Touch is decent, but you lose attack speed and resists. BUT, if +1 frenzy charge is that cheap on it, I will keep an eye out for it next league.
"
sqvirel wrote:
"
Sevreth72 wrote:

Get the sword nodes first, then crit above Shadow starting point, then life wheel near Scion starting point.
Also you can level using Flicker at lv 28. Just equip 2 Lakishu's Blades with these gem setups:
FS-Melee Splash-Melee Phys
Vaal Dual Strike-Melee Phys-Ruthless
This melts anything before lv 38 where you can equip Multistrike gem.

I also have few more questions:
1) Are there any no-no map mods?
2) Can this build run any map, HOGM included?
3) Lots of FS builds use Farrul's Fur, but I completely don't understand it's mechanic. Can someone please explain it to me?
4) Is it ok to drop the 3 points from life wheel near Thick Skin node so I can grab all +1 Frenzy nodes? This costs like 400hp.

Also I owe the creator an apology. I thought it was re-re to 6-link VDS rather than FS on a FS build, but from how it plays thus far there's absolutely no issues with that setup. VDS+Ancestral Warchief melts any single target and 4-link FS destroys packs. Very enjoyable so far :)

Great thinking with the 2 Lakishu's! I might try that next league.

1. Yes, the obvious nono mods are 'Cannot leech' and phys reflect. Ele ref you can do just by using Pride instead of Hatred. Less regen is a pain though too, and no regen is definitely tough. The rest are cake.
2. Yes, except HoGM, though I have gotten all but ONE down. Some dude with insane block and regen that I just couldn't kill. I even bought a maxed out Reduce Block gem just for that dude and it still wouldn't work. Using Scorching Ray I heard was the best way to kill that dude.
3. See my section in the guide on chests. Farrul's Fur just keep granting you your max charges. Not super beneficial for Assassin. And we double strike for single target, so it's not good for bossing either.
4. Up to you, since Flicker is second priority for me, the extra charges don't appeal to me. 400 hp is a lot to give up, but if you're close to 7k, then go for it, let us know if Flicker feels a lot better.

And exactly right, this build was/is a Double Strike build before I started using Flicker for clearing. Flicker just needs to be good enough, while Double Strike kills Shaper and UElder. Glad you're enjoying it :)
Before next league, I will work to make the guide more beginner friendly and make an actual leveling section.
Just anointed Tribal Fury and upgraded Belly to 6-link.

Hot diggity, stuff dies even faster now, I feel like the meme 'time to go even further beyond'.
Would it be possible to use Soul taker axe for off hand just for the insufficient mana doesnt prevent your melee attacks?
How would it affect the build if i use this axe?
"
roguemjb wrote:
Before next league, I will work to make the guide more beginner friendly and make an actual leveling section.

No need for that, there's already a guide in the Duelist section: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2514061
(that's where I got the Lakishu idea from)

Although levelling trees would be nice.

Also, what do you think about swapping Maim on Vaal Ancestral Warchief for Multiple Totems? We'd get 3 warchiefs and 4 VDS clones XD

Although a single VAW dps drops, the outome (according to PoB) is:
VAW + Maim = 631.330 dps

And VAW + MT is 2 VAW + 1 normal AW (since you can have only 2 VAW):
VAW + MT = 2 x 374.649 + 1 x 474.947 = 1.224.245 dps! Double the VAW + Maim!

So first drop normal AW, then pop VAW to burst the boss even further :)
And as an added bonus, VAW also chase the boss :)

Last edited by sqvirel on Jan 25, 2020, 10:24:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info