Goodbye Charan

"
DoubleU wrote:
ALt-F4 is a Windows command, good luck disabling that.
Regardless, the game needs to be slowed down.

Actually it's very easy to intercept alt+f4 and change its behavior. It can be delayed, ignored, redirected to open up a confirmation dialogue, etc. If the devs wanted to be devious, they could have alt+f4 instantly kill the character.

Not saying they will or should do anything of the sort, but if they chose to it's not hard at all.

But yes, I also think some aspects of PoE need to be scaled back and/or slowed back down. They're in too deep with the loot shooter meta now to walk it back though.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:

But yes, I also think some aspects of PoE need to be scaled back and/or slowed back down. They're in too deep with the loot shooter meta now to walk it back though.

What's with so many people having a problem with how others choose to play? Some people like fast paced games, there's literally nothing forcing anybody to play like that.

All you guys are asking for them to lower build diversity and make the game more generic just because you either don't like, or can't handle action games.

There's literally nothing shootery about the game play, they just give you the option to play it fast paced, like an action game. Play a slow tank if you don't like that.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
aggromagnet wrote:

What's with so many people having a problem with how others choose to play? Some people like fast paced games, there's literally nothing forcing anybody to play like that.

All you guys are asking for them to lower build diversity and make the game more generic just because you either don't like, or can't handle action games.

There's literally nothing shootery about the game play, they just give you the option to play it fast paced, like an action game. Play a slow tank if you don't like that.

Nothing eh? Breaches, abysses, incursions, Shaper, Elder, Syndicate, delve to some extent, Legion, etc, etc...all demand varying amounts of participation in the speed meta. Nearly everything they've added to the game in the past few years pushed the speed meta further and further. Synthesis, regardless of anyone's like or dislike of it, was 100% built around it.

Speed has always been a factor, such as with the old timed master missions and tormented spirits. But now it's often to the point where it's really the only thing that matters. Clear as much as possible as quickly as possible, or fail.

I don't have a single problem with others enjoying it. The problem is in being forced into it. There simply is no other way to play and still have success in the majority of the content the game currently offers.

It's fine if you prefer the way it is now. I would prefer a more balanced approach, but I have no expectations that the direction of the game is going to turn back.

I am, however, just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.
"
aggromagnet wrote:

Nothing eh? Breaches, abysses, incursions, Shaper, Elder, Syndicate, delve to some extent, Legion, etc, etc...all demand varying amounts of participation in the speed meta. Nearly everything they've added to the game in the past few years pushed the speed meta further and further. Synthesis, regardless of anyone's like or dislike of it, was 100% built around it.

Speed has always been a factor, such as with the old timed master missions and tormented spirits. But now it's often to the point where it's really the only thing that matters. Clear as much as possible as quickly as possible, or fail.

I don't have a single problem with others enjoying it. The problem is in being forced into it. There simply is no other way to play and still have success in the majority of the content the game currently offers.

It's fine if you prefer the way it is now. I would prefer a more balanced approach, but I have no expectations that the direction of the game is going to turn back.

Breaches and Incursions, yeah actually, those definitely do force you into it. All those other things don't force you to do it though, it just makes it easier.

All those other things you can just compensate for speed with defenses. I was running memories in Synthesis with literally no knowledge of the game at base move speed with absolutely no problems. I hadn't even realized there was movement skills yet.

It just made it hard, which was great. The game lets you set the difficulty by how you build your character.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Legion you couldn't compensate with defenses. You could with AoE though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Oct 22, 2019, 11:55:32 PM
"
"
aggromagnet wrote:

But yes, I also think some aspects of
Spoiler
PoE need to be scaled back and/or slowed back down. They're in too deep with the loot shooter meta now to walk it back though.
Spoiler

Please, think before you post. Thank you.

Now, let's debunk the damn game has "nothing shootery about the gameplay", when it should be damn obvious that due to the absurd POWER CREEP thrown at players since 1.4.0 (yes, the game was still resembling a fast paced ARPG BACK THEN), even braindead scenarios that shouldn't be WORKING are too powerful and ONE SHOT monsters.

PoE became the current iteration of a damn Clicker Heroes arcade shooter, when the accent was placed from sustain on fights to "best defense = offense" one shot = one screen clear de facto recommended way to play.

Sure, you can still turn the "HARD MODE ON" by opting in to play a REAL MELEE dual wielding RT character, but good luck making TencentGGG publicly present the stats regarding the number of players that reach end game content aka T16 like Guardians and Vaal Temple, Shaper, Uber Atziri/Elder and keep playing that content to level 100 with said limitations, because otherwise, even said content, resembles 90% of the time the regular ROFL STOMP, marked by a close to instant or even instant death due to the damage being pumped to absurd levels both on player and on monster sides... (I'm still leveling my main towards 100 playing with "HARD MODE ON", and I'm already at 99, though I "only" farmed around 120% of the required 99 to 100 EXP, dying is a @$%&# and I get my adrenaline spikes by playing close to/outright suicidal content AND still being alive ^^).

Any other proper ARPG has a damn core aspect in PROGRESSION, which in PoE post EVERY DAMN LEVEL UP, is replaced by a "cheat" option as in YOUR DAMN CHARACTER EQUATES A LEVEL 100 character, though with a various number of levels LOWER... Other titles also have BALANCE as another core aspect, which in PoE is simply a FORCED META CHANGE SHOVED DOWN THE PLAYER BASE THROATS EVERY 3 MONTHS, sprinkled with several some other "non-relevant" aspects most of the time.

The game stopped being an ARPG not because it had the "ZOOM ZOOM, ONE SHOT, SEVERAL SCREENS CLEARED" potential, but simply because it relegated said playstyle as THE BEST PLAYSTYLE, while punishing to absurd levels those that go against it - less loot, less survivability even when tackling every fight as your last, less enjoyment due to DEATH BEING A DAMN CERTITUDE NO MATTER WHAT strategy or tactical prowess you exhibit, and more time spent like a damn Sisyphus dealing with a never ending problem, which takes away the game's "FUN" and replaces it with "WORK"...

Bringing back a SANE speed, and proper rewards for the other various playstyles (actually there only remained like RT + a few options regarding capped damage as playstyles where you could still acknowledge your opponents), is the ONLY WAY to make PoE resemble an ARPG game again...

PS: Simply having the slow "tank" option, that also DIES on you randomly because reasons, is not going to cut it, without A DAMN REASON BESIDE MAKING THE GAME "HARD" and resembling something that it should have been ALL ALONG...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Oct 22, 2019, 11:58:45 PM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
*snip*

Lol, pretty much you're mad you die. Learn to build. It's not hard to get near invincibility in this game.
"
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
*snip*

Lol, pretty much you're mad you die. Learn to build. It's not hard to get near invincibility in this game.

If that is your ONLY takeaway, you simply ensured me you're not even reading posts, not even talking about thinking and comprehending them.

PS: I'm still waiting for that OFFICIAL TencentGGG information that "enlightens" us with the number of players that play ONLY END GAME CONTENT while leveling to 100 with a damage capped character, want to bet I'll never see it?

Oh, and IF I was mad I died, I would have stopped leveling like every other PoE player DOES. Me still leveling = I was never mad that I died =|= being mad towards the reason that caused the death...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
"
aggromagnet wrote:

Breaches and Incursions, yeah actually, those definitely do force you into it. All those other things don't force you to do it though, it just makes it easier.

All those other things you can just compensate for speed with defenses. I was running memories in Synthesis with literally no knowledge of the game at base move speed with absolutely no problems. I hadn't even realized there was movement skills yet.

It just made it hard, which was great. The game lets you set the difficulty by how you build your character.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Legion you couldn't compensate with defenses. You could with AoE though.

I'm sorry, but if you were slow in Synthesis you definitely didn't make much progress. The wide open memories would likely be doable, but the majority of them weren't wide open. Overall, it was a constant rush to hit one or more of the stabilizers before the memory faded out from underneath you. And that was when it didn't start fading out from directly beneath your feet at the start (which was a huge problem the first few weeks).

The need for speed definitely applies for portions of Elder and Shaper as well. Best of luck keeping Shaper up during Elder fight and keeping ground degen from consuming the place if you can't deal with the portals and their mobs in a hurry. Same deal with Zana in the first phase of the Shaper fight.

Legion was pretty pointless if you couldn't do isntascreens with big AoE. So that largely helped rule out the vast majority of melee builds from the "melee upgrade" league lol.

Also best of luck finishing Transportation or Research encounters if speed isn't on your side. Or completing Abyssal Lich encounters.

You can't compensate for any of those things with defenses.

And keep in mind I'm also talking late game here. I'm not talking about lvling up in story mode or stuff like being lvl 85 or whatever and sitting around farming Harbour Bridge for Syndicate encounters or T2 Glaciers for easy Legion.

I can keep up with the speed meta and do all content. That's no challenge for me. But it's getting boring that that's all there is to the game now. The only challenges in PoE are avoiding/countering oneshots, whether they be telegraphed or just plain random "wtf just happened?" situations, and suffering through poorly designed/implemented mechanics.

I've been around a long time, a fair while longer than the age on this particular account would suggest. I definitely don't want to see the game go so far backwards that it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to do anything like it did in the old days. But the gameplay loop just becomes more dull and shallow with every major patch now, and that's the direction it's likely to keep going.

I would just like to see a more balanced approach, as I said previously. Some actual challenge would be nice, instead of more RNG-gated speed meta junk.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Oct 23, 2019, 3:07:04 AM
"
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
*snip*

Dude...

When a person makes a long, thoughtful post, filled with multiple points, don't defecate on it with a thoughtless post filled with irrelevant drivel.

Even if he is wrong.

I don't care how right you think you are. That shit's just rude.

Either respond to the points made or don't. If a zero-effort response like the one you posted above is literally the best you can do, then I respectfully suggest you don't hit the "submit" button at all. Just type it out and then hit back on your browser.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Enough poo slinging. Let it rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info