Goodbye Charan

"
cimmerian32 wrote:
Weird that he would bail right before ExileCon... has anyone heard from him?

Maybe the Insane Clown MTX was the last nail?

Naw, those MTX really were the worst shit ever but since you only see them once a day when you enter town I don't think that he was mad about it at all. I guess he simply moved on after he realized that he wasn't enjoying the game for a long time and still hanging around was nothing but a waste of his time. Pretty sue we will meet him again once wolcen is released!
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Can't say I'm surprised as there has been writing on the wall for awhile and I'm surprised they have been around for as long as they have. Charan has been very vocal about how dissatisfied they are with the direction the game has been headed since Tenecent became involved.

Considering that, IIRC, Charan didn't feel that Tower Defense belonged in an ARPG, this league was supposedly a nightmare of performance issues and bugs (as you can see by my lack of challenges I am only saying this based on what I have heard and not what I have experienced myself), and the Salvage Box seemed like an incredibly scummy MTX scheme even within the context of a F2P game, I wouldn't be surprised this league was the straw that broke the camel's back.
He will be missed. Hope he's having fun elsewhere.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
looks like every post I make about charan gets instantly deleted so I will try this:

Iam glad he is gone. Waited literally 7years for this moment :)
At the end of the day it's just a computer game, why anyone would hang around for years writing essays about something they despised because it evolved past a niche hipster game written by 4 guys in a garage with only a few thousand people playing it is beyond me.
Last edited by TepecTepec on Sep 26, 2019, 9:17:55 AM
LOL looks like the posts about him not reaching maps were deleted. And my joe biden gif, really?

Well, sorry for posting.. jeez

edit: Maybe this is why he quit
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 26, 2019, 9:24:38 AM
There are certainly different sub-groups of players in PoE. Charan was almost a group to himself. Other groups have left too. Pretty soon we will have a game that only one group can enjoy.

Hope they work on that.
"
ChanBalam wrote:
I_NO and Charan disappearing together.... I wonder....I mean, coincident? seems unlikely.... :)

You must be suggesting they eloped? Because you can't be suggesting that they're alter-egos of the same person. Charan is NOT good at this video game.

"
"

Or they are now husband and wife? Perhaps they eloped into the sunset...

Nooo,she cant be older than 15-16 judging by her posts...

If you're judging by her post quality then she was 17-18 in 2013 :P So either she regressed in age or she just started expressing herself and is now just a very, uh, "outspoken" 23-24 year old.
PSYCHE!

Spoiler
Charan got hired as writer for PoE and has to, according to internal community rules, remove all his private presence from the official forums.

Spoiler
I made this up.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
PSYCHE!

Spoiler
Charan got hired as writer for PoE and has to, according to internal community rules, remove all his private presence from the official forums.

The same thought seriously crossed my mind... but I discarded because Tencent ;-)
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info