How To Hold PC From Moving AND Still Turn Different Directions?? L2 No Longer Works!

I used L2 to stop all character movement. Now, in [3.8.1] L2 offers more skills which I don't need. But now, with no other apparent options how do I stop movement? Places like the Labyrinth are critical where one might loose everything!

Wish GGG would remove this problem AND please publish a PS4 controller layout! !!!!!!!!!! Shameful disregard of PS4.
Last edited by Ratsneve on Sep 22, 2019, 5:23:30 PM
Last bumped on Oct 15, 2019, 4:42:34 PM
Not okay for PS4:

"Added a new set of skill bindings accessed by pressing and holding LT or L2. This replaces the previous "Stand-in-place" functionality of those buttons."

Please revert this lousy "feature" back to [3.7]. Added skill bindings _not needed_ except for the die-hard PC gamers. ROTFL

"Stand-in-place" is really needed for quick aiming control without moving into monsters. Since GGG did this deliberately supporting the PC which has a cumbersome gem feature apparently where when certain gems are fired it will automagically stop any movement. Console support/improvements are once again screwed.

Seriously...instead of ramming one-way an "improvement" why not make it a selectable option? Map L2 to stop movement OR map it to offer more skills?
Your character instantly stops moving when you stop moving the analog now. And the extra skill bindings are way more useful than standing in place.

You can stop moving on your own, you can't use four extra skills on your own though.

I've got 8 active skills I'm using for my character just through leveling, which is probably gonna turn into 9 or 10 once I'm fully set up.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
Your character instantly stops moving when you stop moving the analog now. And the extra skill bindings are way more useful than standing in place.

You can stop moving on your own, you can't use four extra skills on your own though.

I've got 8 active skills I'm using for my character just through leveling, which is probably gonna turn into 9 or 10 once I'm fully set up.
Understand...but don't you have some difficulty moving a little when you aim? Aiming requires moving that same analog. I can see a close situation in the Lab next to saw blades or the like there where I don't want to move but need to aim at some monster.

I haven't had to go beyond 6 active and passive skills but have a terrible time in the Lab. Do you use alternate II weapons for additional skills?
Hey...as far as all this goes on the PS4 why can't we set a gem when fired to stop movement like the PC world apparently can? I'm using Orb of Storms in a build where the OP says to "attack without moving" by left-clicking icon in skill bar. No such option exists for the PS4--does it? On the other hand this still does not resolve aiming and moving slightly before firing. I think this was for a different problem that L2 fixed beautifully on the PS4.

I still think adding the option to map L2 to stop moving or add skills would be a great and simple solution.
A simple solution to this is for them to make it where the character doesn’t move as long as you’re holding the hotkey with the only exception being skills with the movement tag (i.e. cyclone).
"
purely_sinful wrote:
A simple solution to this is for them to make it where the character doesn’t move as long as you’re holding the hotkey with the only exception being skills with the movement tag (i.e. cyclone).
Please don't mix the PC "hotkeys" into this discussion--I'm talking about the PS4 console that uses a simple limited option controller where holding down the L2 trigger worked well until GGG decided re-purpose the trigger. I'm real sorry because using L2 for more skill actions is a nice idea but GGG has left us with no way to freeze movement when aiming and doing precise movements like in the Labyrinth with an already awkward analog stick.

Even the PC had or has unwanted movement problems solved by at least some time in the past letting you set a gem so you wouldn't move when it was fired. If this "attack without moving" feature no longer exists then there is at least one "builder" who might consider removing mention of it?

The problem again on the PS4 CONSOLE only, as far as I know, is that whenever you aim now in close quarters, like the Labyrinth, the character must move forward a little in order to turn and if you hit something like a saw blade in the Labyrinth while trying to aim you are immediately going to back away turning completely around. Have you ever tried attacking while moving backwards--you can't--well maybe just don't aim and use an AoE?

I want an option to stop movement like 'L2' offered. Maybe 'L2' could double to stop movement and still offer up skills assigned to it? Gamers would learn that when firing off an 'L2' skill their character can't move?
Last edited by Ratsneve on Sep 23, 2019, 11:20:17 AM
"
Ratsneve wrote:
"
purely_sinful wrote:
Please don't mix the PC "hotkeys" into this discussion--I'm talking about the PS4 console that uses a simple limited option controller where holding down the L2 trigger worked well until GGG decided re-purpose the trigger. I'm real sorry because using L2 for more skill actions is a nice idea but GGG has left us with no way to freeze movement when aiming and doing precise movements like in the Labyrinth with an already awkward analog stick.

Even the PC had or has unwanted movement problems solved by at least some time in the past letting you set a gem so you wouldn't move when it was fired. If this "attack without moving" feature no longer exists then there is at least one "builder" who might consider removing mention of it?

The problem again on the PS4 CONSOLE only, as far as I know, is that whenever you aim now in close quarters, like the Labyrinth, the character must move forward a little in order to turn and if you hit something like a saw blade in the Labyrinth while trying to aim you are immediately going to back away turning completely around. Have you ever tried attacking while moving backwards--you can't--well maybe just don't aim and use an AoE?

I want an option to stop movement like 'L2' offered. Maybe 'L2' could double to stop movement and still offer up skills assigned to it? Gamers would learn that when firing off an 'L2' skill their character can't move?

I’m aware you’re talking about PS4. I also play on PS4. I’m saying instead of having to hold L2 then press your hotkey (like it used to be) they should make it where, or have the option of, as long as you’re holding a hotkey (let’s say, X or O ) then the character won’t move.

As far as trails and traps are concerned, they’ve already made it where your character stops moving the instant you let go of the stick. At that point, you just “flick” the stick in the direction you want and press your hotkey. You barely move at all.
"
purely_sinful wrote:
I’m aware you’re talking about PS4. I also play on PS4. I’m saying instead of having to hold L2 then press your hotkey (like it used to be) they should make it where, or have the option of, as long as you’re holding a hotkey (let’s say, X or O ) then the character won’t move.

As far as trails and traps are concerned, they’ve already made it where your character stops moving the instant you let go of the stick. At that point, you just “flick” the stick in the direction you want and press your hotkey. You barely move at all.
I'm getting use to not using L2 to hold position and so far so good. I may define some skills using L2 even. All is swell once again.
Last edited by Ratsneve on Sep 25, 2019, 7:43:20 PM
It should be noted that the aiming while using the skill button hold method is far less precise than the full 360 degree aiming we had with force stand still on L2. And to add to that, holding down the button results in attacks showing visually but not registering on the server whereas if you used force stand still and timed your shots individually you could get them all to actually register.

A lot of fine grained functionality was lost in the removal of FSS. All we really want is the option to choose between FSS and the new skill bindings. Losing a ton of control and precision in critical areas is not made up for by the new skills that many of our builds can't use anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info