How To Hold PC From Moving AND Still Turn Different Directions?? L2 No Longer Works!

Couldn't they have just moved forced stand still to LB/L1?
"
tendency2burn wrote:

You would then lose a flask. There just aren’t enough buttons on a controller for everything.
"
purely_sinful wrote:
"
tendency2burn wrote:

You would then lose a flask. There just aren’t enough buttons on a controller for everything.

True, forgot about the flask button. Maybe a short term fix could be reverting L2 back to forced stand still, and the 3rd skill bar could be accessed by L2+R2. You'd only really need it for heralds and golems, which are rarely pressed. Not a perfect fix but unless I'm missing something I think it would be useable
"
tendency2burn wrote:
"
purely_sinful wrote:
"
tendency2burn wrote:

True, forgot about the flask button. Maybe a short term fix could be reverting L2 back to forced stand still, and the 3rd skill bar could be accessed by L2+R2. You'd only really need it for heralds and golems, which are rarely pressed. Not a perfect fix but unless I'm missing something I think it would be useable

The real issue, though, is one of frequency of use and inconvenience.

That new hot-bar we got? You can bet that GGG is breathing a sigh of relief and can now introduce whatever mechanics they wanted to add but didn't have room on the player's hotbar for... up to now. :)

So, count on that extra bar getting some uses for us on down the line. And, if there was something really inconvenient/unintuitive that we had to do to access it? That would be A Bad Thing. As it stands, it is now intuitively linked to the control scheme.

I was a bit shocked when I first hear about this change, too. Then, GGG replied saying that they removed the "three step rule" that was prevalant on consoles whenever the direct-control joystick was activated. I breathed a sigh of relief... as should we all.

I've never played a character that absolutely had to have direct and full control over stationary aiming mechanics. Does anyone? Is it really that critical? Running Labs would have been a serious issue if they hadn't removed that "three steps" mechanic. But, now it's not too terrible of an issue. (There's still a tiny bit of movement, though, but it's manageable. Bring "of Staunching" flasks, switch to "Ryslatha" on Pantheon, bring an Armor flask if really squishy. Use Flamedash or Leap Slam ftw.)
How do I stop notifications concerning this topic? My original problem is fully resolved. I use Arc and aiming is largely no longer required--just stay off the analog stick and you don't move.
"
Ratsneve wrote:
How do I stop notifications concerning this topic? ...

Not sure, but check to see if there's an "Unsubscribe" for this forum thread in/near your post box. If not, check your user settings to see if there's a list of subscribed threads and "Unsubscribe." (There's usually something like that for any forum software, but GGG's is kind of unique.)
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
Ratsneve wrote:
How do I stop notifications concerning this topic? ...

Not sure, but check to see if there's an "Unsubscribe" for this forum thread in/near your post box. If not, check your user settings to see if there's a list of subscribed threads and "Unsubscribe." (There's usually something like that for any forum software, but GGG's is kind of unique.)
Nope, there is no way but delete the notifications and hope responses in the thread die out.
Mouse and keyboard support would be delightful on ps4
"
DjOrchard wrote:
Mouse and keyboard support would be delightful on ps4

Oh, wow. I planned on jokingly asking you to not post in here because of notifications, but yeah, that would be fantastic.

I've been wanting that pretty bad for a while. (I assume pretty much everybody has, but PC has also wanted controller support, so I think it's safe to assume, wait for 4.0)
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info