[3.8] Poet's Pen Volatile dead, Budget,BLIGHT FARMER, HOGM, SHAPER, UBER - DOWN

"
Asag wrote:
Probably was answered but cant find it in the guide, for bandits you kill all or something else?

Kill all is what is recommended.

"
Moustik_59131 wrote:
Hi, sorry to ask here, but can you write the ascendancy please? I use my phone and I can't see what I need to pick, thanks in advance

It's based off the Necromancer ascendancy.

I did my labs as below:

1. Plaguebringer
2. Corpse Pact
3. Mistress of Sacrifice
4. Commander of Darkness / Essence Glutton

I went with Commander of Darkness for my Uber Lab as I was struggling with getting my resistances capped. Essence Glutton should help with mana sustain if you don't have a problem with resistances but have a low amount of free mana to work with.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Oct 26, 2019, 3:14:48 AM
I just realized I have in my stash those items:

So I decided to try this build, last time when I tried VD it was with Zerphi prenerfed, always liked those balls. Leveling is smooth so far. With my other builds Im struggling with blighted maps but the VD mechanic trivialize this abit.
Leveling guide gonna be great!

Thanks for the guide and idea guy/girl/undefined! I'm having lots of fun with it. One question about your skill tree though, are you not wasting a skill point going to Heart of Flame? If you take the one point below Cruel Preparation you can then refund two inteligence points to the right?
Hey all,

I saw somewhere that APS and cooldown recovery speed are the most important thing with PP builds...

APS must be 5.6 i think and i dont more about cooldown.

Could anyone explain to me plz ?
"
Aerus_Morgal wrote:
Hey all,

I saw somewhere that APS and cooldown recovery speed are the most important thing with PP builds...

APS must be 5.6 i think and i dont more about cooldown.

Could anyone explain to me plz ?

Keeping it under 6 APS without cooldown reduction was the preferred way to play in the "original" implementation of the Poet's Pens when one attack procc'ed both pens.

However they were nerfed as the Poet Pen style was considered too OP (and subsequently slightly buffed) so now an attack will only proc the skills in one pen and then they alternate with each attack. This means you want your APS to be closer to 12 APS without cooldown reduction. I'm not sure on the exact figures though. Anyway, since getting to 12 APS is fairly difficult for the top half of the tree Poets Pens fell out of use until the recently introduced NEW "Corpse Pact" necromancer ascendancy that basically provides almost unlimited attack speed providing you can generate and then consume a LOT of corpses quickly. Something that VD wants to do anyway!!

With this build your APS tends to start fairly low and then ramps up to 12 APS or possibly even greater. At a certain point it is more likely the GGG server or your PC will stop handling the process well and you may want to back off from continually casting non-stop. For this reason it's going to be really hard to maintain an accurate APS - it will fluctuate quite a bit. However cooldown reduction will help for those times that you may approach or exceed 12 APS providing your PC is also happy to try and render all those volatile dead balls and the servers to calculate each individual hit.

So whilst cooldown reduction isn't a bad stat to get it's also hasn't felt to me like you need it on your gear. Honestly, a powerful PC is almost more useful for this build!! I don't think GGG had this in mind when they developed the Corpse Pact notable and so I expect we will see it capped at a certain value next league which hopefully won't kill Poet's Pens once again but it may do!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Oct 29, 2019, 3:57:19 AM
A tip for a budget version with fire leech:
"
willemos wrote:
Leveling guide gonna be great!

will do in next league if they wont nerf it :)
atm this league for me is done
"
VeniVidiMorti wrote:
Thanks for the guide and idea guy/girl/undefined! I'm having lots of fun with it. One question about your skill tree though, are you not wasting a skill point going to Heart of Flame? If you take the one point below Cruel Preparation you can then refund two inteligence points to the right?

will check it
This build is great, I was bored at the end of the league, so I decided to try this 1 button 12APS build, it's super fun and it's doing a great job murdering my mid class PC :D

I'm struggling with reflect maps and Atziri, am I missing something or is this build not reflect viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info