[3.8] Poet's Pen Volatile dead, Budget,BLIGHT FARMER, HOGM, SHAPER, UBER - DOWN

"
carizzi wrote:
OMG, my pc is freezing with this build... I have a Geforce 1070 and lowered all graphics settings. Still getting 3fps with all VD in screen. Btw, im getting 9-10 aps before all freezes.

atm i have rtx 2070 and have spikes even to 10-15 fps
"
Ebengrad wrote:
Can i got a lvling tree for this build?
Thx <3

i will try do something with it
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Thx for the build guide. I've been really wanting to play a PP VD build for ages.

Just a quick question though:

Why do we put Conc Effect in the Poet's Pen with Desecrate and Spell Cascade?

Just trying to save up now and buy some of the basic bits like the Pens, Kaom's Heart and the Anger Leech Watcher's Eye. The expensive stuff I'll try and get later once the build is up and running!

spell cascade = x2 corpses, desecrate is main corspe spawn mechanic

conc? - to provide better effectivnes of burning corpses
and conc in main attack skill = more dmg
Last edited by bkj1 on Oct 7, 2019, 7:09:21 AM
Thx for the answer bkj1.

I ended up a bit socket starved on my build so I dropped the conc effect in the pen with Desecrate and spell cascade. If the conc effect is just to boost the burning corspe DPS a bit I feel like dropping it shouldn't be too big a deal?

I have my pens more or less as you have them.

Pen 1: Desecrate - Spell Cascade - HoA
Pen 2: Volatile Dead - Spell Cascade - Conc Effect

I've only just started leveling today and I've just done Merciless lab so still need to get my last ascendancy. I couldn't afford the Xoph's Blood yet but I hope I'll be able to afford it in a week or two unless the price keeps going up.

Build seems pretty smooth to play. Like you say, you can cast so quick that you start to get some fairly serious lag; I'm trying to avoid that atm by pausing every second or two from spamming frenzy. Damage seems decent but only done a couple of maps. Looking forward to taking it further. Thanks again for the guide!

Hey! Nice build! I will try this one...

How to level this build? Did you level up with PP & VD or did you use something else? Any recommendations?
"
Imbi55_Br0nk0 wrote:

Hey! Nice build! I will try this one...

How to level this build? Did you level up with PP & VD or did you use something else? Any recommendations?

well i used normal with lvling items like goldrim and lifesprings
then rush for poets pen and gems in them
untill you are not able to do this you can use firestorm with conc
I'm adding litle uber elder dmg showcase:

https://youtu.be/69WB76d9AII

I will not add whole fight tho, because im bad and i need 4 portals to end it :)

Mb if i will be better
Hi,
Great build !

I was thinking of changing to this one.
Currently I am using the Indigon variant. It is difficult to say whether changing to your build would be an increase (as Indigon is not well managed in PoB).

In addition, do you have any tips for me, regarding my current build ?
For instance, should I increase my attack speed or cool down recovery ?
(I used to wear Flow Untehered, but I just found this build which seemed better)

Would Xoph's blood with the current setup be worthwile ?

Many thanks for your feedback !

https://pastebin.com/iLQayrQa
"
edessiex wrote:
Hi,
Great build !

I was thinking of changing to this one.
Currently I am using the Indigon variant. It is difficult to say whether changing to your build would be an increase (as Indigon is not well managed in PoB).

In addition, do you have any tips for me, regarding my current build ?
For instance, should I increase my attack speed or cool down recovery ?
(I used to wear Flow Untehered, but I just found this build which seemed better)

Would Xoph's blood with the current setup be worthwile ?

Many thanks for your feedback !

https://pastebin.com/iLQayrQa

To be honest you must check this in poeb and make choice.
Im pretty sure this setup that im runing is optimal in dmg and life.
But if you fell well with that build that you run now, keep it:)
I play in HC but i am new to VD PP. I am trying to min max it's dmg/tankiness. I was thinking of corrupting my PP's next then Kaoms and Xoph's, maybe get a diff enchant on boots. Could you look at my profile and give me some pointers as to what else to improve? ( Other than skill gem lvl/Quality)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info