Elemental Equilibrium Elemental Hit build

"
Autocthon wrote:
Resolute Techniqie really isn't the end-all requirement to hit you know.

Increased Accuracy Support Gem alone gives enough to hit to boost hit massively. Then there's accuracy mods on gear. If you're using a bow you can use Projectile Weakness.

A *lot* more works than people credit because a lot of what works is less time-efficient than the popular stuff to do. But it's 100% acceptable to choose to use an Accuracy gem instead of RT to leverage crits (which can close the damage gap or even put it in the gem's favor).

The only reason to not take Resolute Technique if you are close to it is if you are planning to do a significant amount of critical hitting. This build isn't. So yes, you can burn a support gem and maybe a passive or two to focus on accuracy, or you can take Resolute Technique and spend that support slot on another damage-enhancing gem.

RT is just easier than adding another few things to worry about (lost gem slot, gear with +accuracy, projectile weakness). This is especially true for builds that aren't pursuing much critical strike chance.
"
Boylston wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
Resolute Techniqie really isn't the end-all requirement to hit you know.

Increased Accuracy Support Gem alone gives enough to hit to boost hit massively. Then there's accuracy mods on gear. If you're using a bow you can use Projectile Weakness.

A *lot* more works than people credit because a lot of what works is less time-efficient than the popular stuff to do. But it's 100% acceptable to choose to use an Accuracy gem instead of RT to leverage crits (which can close the damage gap or even put it in the gem's favor).

The only reason to not take Resolute Technique if you are close to it is if you are planning to do a significant amount of critical hitting. This build isn't. So yes, you can burn a support gem and maybe a passive or two to focus on accuracy, or you can take Resolute Technique and spend that support slot on another damage-enhancing gem.

RT is just easier than adding another few things to worry about (lost gem slot, gear with +accuracy, projectile weakness). This is especially true for builds that aren't pursuing much critical strike chance.
I personally just don't see a point in doing elemental damage if you don't intend to crit for the debuffs.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
I personally just don't see a point in doing elemental damage if you don't intend to crit for the debuffs.

I think the idea is that you are effectively cursing with every attack because of Elemental Equilibrium. I'm actually building a character like this now, planning on having high attack speed and multiple hits through chain. Add a real curse on top of this and you can get even more damage.

The most useful debuff for damage is undoubtedly shocks through lightning-- I think you could take static shocks if you really wanted access to that debuff.

"
Boylston wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

I think the idea is that you are effectively cursing with every attack because of Elemental Equilibrium. I'm actually building a character like this now, planning on having high attack speed and multiple hits through chain. Add a real curse on top of this and you can get even more damage.

The most useful debuff for damage is undoubtedly shocks through lightning-- I think you could take static shocks if you really wanted access to that debuff.

That's true, though IMO the returns for Static on a 1/3 chance to be lightning in teh first place just aren't high enough.

If I was doing it I'd *probably* and this might seem crazy...

Go Staff with +Crit staff nodes, Use Critical Weakness, and Elemental Proliferation. This provides AoE elemental effects, and base staff crit isn't bad. Getting the accuracy is not impossible, if all else fails Increased Accuracy appears to "guarantee" 85% hitrate. Whether that's worth age slot is obviously preference. IMO it is given that it can also provide an additional +2% Critical Hit Chance Increase per quality. Obviously it isn't GMP or Increased Critical Srikes, but in terms of "What adds damage to this build" it's a pretty hefty gem.

Actually I think I'm going ot have to try this, it might actually be fun. Been meaning to do a staff templar.

Edit: Thre this together real wuick

Obviously not a hardmode build, but I've found the reports of "melee squishy unplayable" to be exaggerated a bit.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Mar 20, 2013, 7:46:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info