Elemental Equilibrium Elemental Hit build

Hi, I'm relatively new to the game and looking for some help on my build idea.

I want to use elemental hit with elemental equilibrium as an aoe but as far as i can tell the mana cost will be way too high.

Ideally I want to run elemental hit + gmp + chain + weapon elemental damage + LL in conjunction with the elemental equilibrium passive and elemental weakness curse to face roll mobs.

My problem is it looks like my mana cost per attack will be stupidly high. lvl 20 EH is 24 base mana per attack. so with gmp (200%) chain(200%) WED (170%) and LL(dont know what this costs) my mana cost is gonna be something like 150+ per attack. And then if you factor in attack speed im easily spending close to 300 mana per second.

Ideally i also want to run grace and haste with it but thats likely gonna be too much.

here is my potential passive tree as well
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDH0OrRB_FE0UdRUgFm8ZtBo4G_odFCXfKPoppSpNLOkyfjKJM1Y26TrhPydBh0WWRtdKfU3YVcZW-lfiXcZfqmBtY6dmnmegZ71qk2z2bmluqnPhdEF35Xq4eweBb4LHguSDOITZh3aI8YuMjHaPRpARkFWSzZLzmK2boZ2AnjyiAKQZplenCKeErEeuk7c-t6W4k76nwA_AGsS4xp7GrsrTz2XQ0NJN1e3V-N0N3Ubd8-Fz4oDjaudj6-7sOO0g7m_wH_JF94j6LvrS_E78xf4K_r8=

I also realize I could substitute lmp for gmp and pierce/fork for chain.. though i think the mana costs is still high with those supports.

My final problem is that I really wanted to add some crit into this so that I could create a chaotic mass of status ailments but I cant figure out how to fit that into my passive tree and I'm not sure it's necessary. Also I feel like I might be trying to do too many things at once.

I know elemental hit used to be a very popular skill so if anyone has any ideas or experience with this that they want to share that would be awesome thanks. Also I might have fucked up the math, but i dont know how cuz it seems very simple.
ign: SPLRGL
I love the idea. Sounds fun, looks simple.

By the looks of it, you are aiming at using a Bow.

The solution to your resource management problem is simple - Blood Magic. Especially considering you do not intend to run any % auras.

One thing I find strange is Elemental Equilibrium. Now, I know EE looks appealing, but think about it. In order to trigger it properly, you have to sacrifice a ton of ED on your items, so that you can control which elements hit the enemy. *bla bla bla insert several arguments against EE for this build and non for EE bla bla bla*

You should also look into Elemental Adaptation, as it would really help with the reflect and just generally your characters survivability.

Iron Grip does nothing for you here, as you don't get high Strength, plus you won't deal any physical damage anyway, and there are no conversions.

Considering BM is the resource solution, all the mana nodes become obsolete as well.

I would like to add that achieving any noticeable crit chance while retaining high accuracy would be far too point expensive to make this a viable build, so you are looking at Resolute Technique being your best bet.

I do hope this helps you out; I'm merely giving you thoughts which pass through my head while examining your build and the idea behind it.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Mar 16, 2013, 6:27:59 PM
Yeah I want to use a bow. I like playing ranged characters and I already have a wander so it seemed the logical choice.

I like the blood magic idea, It's a very easy fix. I tend to actually skip over it because I have a BM marauder that I'm not too fond of.

I know EE is strange and that's actually why I made this idea in the first place. I'm very interested in finding a way to use EE effectively but I think its ultimately just a bad skill point. As you pointed out it limits weapon selection but I think more annoying for me is it means I can't party with any of my friends that run wrath, anger or hatred without making it totally ineffective. I understand some people like to trigger it with one ability and then capitalize with another (for example: combine fire trap and freezing pulse) but this sounds tedious to me.

Sorry that was a bit of a rant.

I think you actually have the right idea about how to do this but adding BM and Resolute technique makes me think I'm probably better off just copy pasting Kripp's or Martincreek's lighting arrow passive trees as they achieve similar damage with higher survivability. They sacrifice about 30% WED for 90% life.

They actually cover most of the same stuff but I went through the middle while they go around the outside and into the marauder start.

For that matter their passive trees would probably be better optimised even if I were to go EE.

Ultimately I'm looking to build an archer that's not based around lighning arrow or poison arrow as those seem like the most common builds.
ign: SPLRGL
Had the same idea, and the same problems. Thats why i transferd it to Totems. If you are interested: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/258172
IGN: PuryFIre
My dual totem EH build

I hope you're planning to solo, because if you're in a party with several people casting auras such as Wrath/Hatred/Anger, you're pretty much screwed since you have EE.
@ELLE_mt

Dual Elemental Hit Totems w/ Tri-Curse, Traps, Frost Wall: http://tinyurl.com/bvdxbjz
Elemental hit + elemental equilibrium is a TERRIBLE combination. IF you manage to avoid all elemental damage on gear (which you will need to do), your elemental hit will have 1/3 chance after the shots to attack vs +25% resists.

It's confirmed that if you hit TWO types of elemental damage, the target will get -50% resists vs the THIRD type. That'd mean, you have only 1/3 chance of hitting elemental hit vs vulnerability. Then again, if you are dealing all the elemental types, the enemy simply gets +25% ALL resists AFAIK.

I am using elemental equilibrium myself with my infernal blow templar. I'm proccing it (and blind) with arc (+chain) on spell totem which works epicly well.
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
Last edited by nocebo on Mar 18, 2013, 1:13:42 PM
basically the only thing I don't like about it. You get significant damage boosts from elemental damage on your gear and weapon, and a fast weapon without a big need for physical damage is the best bet for boosting ele hit, well there is % modifiers that you could maybe use to compensate, rings quiver and belt should give a nice boost as well as on weapon, but wouldn't know till you tried it, seems difficult if you are up to the task.
"
nocebo wrote:
Elemental hit + elemental equilibrium is a TERRIBLE combination. IF you manage to avoid all elemental damage on gear (which you will need to do), your elemental hit will have 1/3 chance after the shots to attack vs +25% resists...

If you arrange your gear so that you do no elemental damage, which isn't as horrible to do as it sounds, then you have 1/3 chance to hit a +25% resistance mob and 2/3 chance to hit a -50% resistance debuffed mob. It's a net DPS increase.

Key thing you'd need to do is shoot for attack speed and elemental damage talents. These can be a bit problemmatic to efficiently reach as you're leveling up since you need to make a decent trek over to ranger/shadow area in the Cruel/early Merciless time. Not impossible by any stretch of the imagination, but perhaps slow going.

Good luck, my first build used EE, but I discovered it wouldn't work at all for various reasons. Yours should.
Resolute Techniqie really isn't the end-all requirement to hit you know.

Increased Accuracy Support Gem alone gives enough to hit to boost hit massively. Then there's accuracy mods on gear. If you're using a bow you can use Projectile Weakness.

A *lot* more works than people credit because a lot of what works is less time-efficient than the popular stuff to do. But it's 100% acceptable to choose to use an Accuracy gem instead of RT to leverage crits (which can close the damage gap or even put it in the gem's favor).
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info