Performance on regular Blights in maps is ridiculously bad.

I have seen the patch notes for the 3.8.1 patch. I've read that there will be improvements to blighted maps in terms of performance.

However, I don't see anywhere if the performance on regular Blights in maps will be improved as well. Right now, Blights in higher level maps are not possible due to the frame rate dropping like crazy.

I've made 2 clips to show how bad Blights encounters get:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ascv0VZlC81WhVI49IYSXQ8GOq16?e=4bjREd

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ascv0VZlC81WhVE71Oaaz81Rqbq8?e=Fj6gIp (Even less than 1 FPS..)

Please GGG, Blight is currently unplayable in Console. This really needs improvements. And as far as I can tell, Blights in regular maps won't seem to get better after the 3.8.1 update.

Last bumped on Oct 25, 2019, 5:11:20 AM
Just as a side note, I play on an Xbox One S.

My build (flame golemancer) might be heavy for the gpu, but I can clear maps just fine. So it's not just my build that drops the frame rate.
Same problem on PS4 using icicle mine build with no lag or rubber banding. But I fail 2 out of 5 higher tier map blight encounters because of fps drop. I have read the patch notes aswell for 3.8.1 and i think this problem won't be touched this patch. If it is anything like legion for console these problems will either be fixed 1/2 or 3/4 of the way though the league or not be fixed at all.
I'm playing minion build with normal xbox.
Actually I did blighted map successfully.
"
Same problem on PS4 using icicle mine build with no lag or rubber banding. But I fail 2 out of 5 higher tier map blight encounters because of fps drop. I have read the patch notes aswell for 3.8.1 and i think this problem won't be touched this patch. If it is anything like legion for console these problems will either be fixed 1/2 or 3/4 of the way though the league or not be fixed at all.

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's having frame rate issues on regular Blight encounters. Let's hope that GGG reads this and works on improvements.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2645473/page/1

They've addressed and acknowledged the performance state of the game. Let's see what happens :)
For those who like a one click:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2645473/page/1

So what I got from this was that the main performance issue with Blighted Maps is that it can be too much for an entire Server Processing Core to handle - and only lowering the load will make any difference - in particular, adding Servers (more Cores that cannot do the job) or improving the Network (moving info faster to a Core that cannot handle it already) will do nothing for this problem.

And it is worse on Console because in addition, the CPU in the box cannot handle it either. So it sounds to me that until GGG does "heart replacement level surgery" on the League, things cannot improve. I guess that we will see what happens - and after GGG makes a massive effort on the PC side, if they have it in them to make another one so that the Console CPUs can keep up.

(My take on historical performance is that the Game Devs will solve the problem on PC with little concern for Console, and then the Console Team will face a massive task dealing with that. And about two months into the League, the Console Team will have to re-focus on the Release for the Next League. It's a brutal cycle.)
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Last edited by walkjohn55 on Sep 21, 2019, 10:06:40 AM
"
Pandakak wrote:

My build (flame golemancer) might be heavy for the gpu, but I can clear maps just fine. So it's not just my build that drops the frame rate.

Probably you dont want to hear this but maybe it is what it is on those old consoles and you should consider upgrading to an xbox one x.

You cant expect your modern games to run smoothly on a 6 year old console system.
Last edited by Faceman165 on Sep 25, 2019, 3:22:23 PM
"
Probably you dont want to hear this but maybe it is what it is on those old consoles and you should consider upgrading to an xbox one x.

You cant expect your modern games to run smoothly on a 6 old console system.

I just bought an Xbox One X today :). The game seems to run a little better (load times are much better, performance is slightly improved), however, the frame rate still drops down on heavy blight encounters.
"
Faceman165 wrote:
"
Pandakak wrote:

You cant expect your modern games to run smoothly on a 6 year old console system.

I run an Xbox One X and set the Quality Mode to favor performance, however the Blight Maps are unplayable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info